First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I'm surprised that the 392s have been out for a while and there have been no incidents while departing from Cars & Coffee events. The combo of high horsepower, high center of gravity and Wrangler handling seemed to make it ripe for out-of-control curb-jumping. Especially when you throw in eager-to-demonstrate-my-Hemi owners.

I think that the full-time 4wd is hindering burnouts but saving some sheet metal.
Sponsored

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
it just doesn't seem ideal for anything other than a straight line acceleration type vehicle to flex out there.

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
I'm surprised that the 392s have been out for a while and there have been no incidents while departing from Cars & Coffee events. The combo of high horsepower, high center of gravity and Wrangler handling seemed to make it ripe for out-of-control curb-jumping. Especially when you throw in eager-to-demonstrate-my-Hemi owners.

I think that the full-time 4wd is hindering burnouts but saving some sheet metal.
The 4wd makes it less likely to a do a Mustang impersonation.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I love watching the showboats smash into light poles or other parked cars.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Last year, the Cars & Coffee events lost the use of two local venues, in almost as many weeks. A few showboating fools ignored the venue owners' requests to not operate vehicles in a dangerous manner when arriving or leaving.

The C&C event at the new location didn't even last one full morning before the behavior of click-seeking fools with phones compelled the owner to withdraw the offer of the use of his property. I felt bad for the organizer. He was an older fellow, and his comments on the related Facebook event page gave the impression that he was expecting a better-behaved constituency, especially wrt the nice location of venue #2. I'll leave it to you to guess the trend of the actual attendees.

Perhaps the only way to restore the now-poor rep of Cars & Coffee, and gain access to places that can accommodate the vehicles and visitors, is to strictly vet and limit the number of owners who want to put their cars on display.

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
Last year, the Cars & Coffee events lost the use of two local venues, in almost as many weeks. A few showboating fools ignored the venue owners' requests to not operate vehicles in a dangerous manner when arriving or leaving.

The C&C event at the new location didn't even last one full morning before the behavior of click-seeking fools with phones compelled the owner to withdraw the offer of the use of his property. I felt bad for the organizer. He was an older fellow, and his comments on the related Facebook event page gave the impression that he was expecting a better-behaved constituency, especially wrt the nice location of venue #2. I'll leave it to you to guess the trend of the actual attendees.

Perhaps the only way to restore the now-poor rep of Cars & Coffee, and gain access to places that can accommodate the vehicles and visitors, is to strictly vet and limit the number of owners who want to put their cars on display.
My local Cars & Coffee is pretty nice. I'll participate with my 392 hopefully this spring / summer if it ever arrives. What helps is that it is in a kind of congested area and there is no where to really get the crowd of phone lemmings at the exit encouraging show boating or enough space for a car to burnout. The crowd is mostly classic sports cars though although a few exotics and a sprinkling of the SRTs and Mustangs. The crowd seems to be a bit more mature. I've never seen anyone do anything other than rev an engine while parked.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

It doesn't have enough power for that IMO given 4wd. Maybe if they unlocked 2wd with a tazer.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
We have the "Rock N' Roll Car Show" every Saturday afternoon/evening in Scottsdale. It was, pre-COVID, the longest continuously running event of it's kind in the US. I've never seen a single burnout, although I've occasionally seen exotics run up in 1st and 2nd gear.

https://www.facebook.com/Rockandrollcarshow/

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I love watching the showboats smash into light poles or other parked cars.
Unfortunately that can happen.

There is a annual Ferrari show/fund raiser every year here in downtown Chicago. One year a guy was showing off and spun-out when leaving. He crashed his new to him F355 right into a cement barrier in front of everyone. He jumped the sidewalk and could have easily killed someone. Fortunately no one was hurt except the driver's ego. And the 355. There were Russo Red Ferrari parts all over the place on the sidewalk and street. The reaction from the crowd and spectators was not what I was expecting. Some people started clapping. Some people from the crowd rushed to pick up any loose pieces of the Ferrari as souvenirs.

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I've only done 1 burnout. Unintentionally, following a uturn. I did not lose control. It was exhilarating. And I got a thumbs up from the dude next to me when he caught up. Just bc we can floor it doesn't mean we always do. Like, just bc I have breasts doesn't mean I go around flashing them to those who don't. Geez.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Some people started clapping. Some people from the crowd rushed to pick up any loose pieces of the Ferrari as souvenirs.
Just a precursor for the looting to take place later

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Like, just bc I have breasts doesn't mean I go around flashing them to those who don't. Geez.
So....you go around flashing them to those who do?

:clap:

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I've only done 1 burnout. Unintentionally, following a uturn.
If you've got a little extra horsepower you quickly learn when to be careful with the throttle. My other car has a few stages of stability control and traction control which will take over if you don't let off but on slick pavement you can still get into trouble if you don't watch what the car is doing.
Sponsored