First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
So many things that are off in this video; the fact that the two other jeeps were not able to back out of the chute to make some room is really baffling.
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I have a few bruises on my body, but mainly just a bruised ego and slap to my pride.

There were definitely some rookie mistakes made. The driver in front of me damaged his fender and I watched him do it, because of that, I decided to ride higher in order to avoid my fender being damaged… great choice right?

I panicked once I got too off camber, kept the tires turned toward the wall and touched the gas. In hindsight the mistakes were obvious, but so goes the saying of such things being 20/20 after the fact.

You can laugh, say how stupid my decision making process was or whatever else comes to mind. Hell, it’s probably all true, but each failure to me is another notch in might belt towards wisdom and learning new things.

I’ll be back out soon!
Sorry to hear Josiah. Based on watching @kubicon going down after, didn’t look like it took much to flop it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
21JLURDG

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Gecko
So many things that are off in this video; the fact that the two other jeeps were not able to back out of the chute to make some room is really baffling.
Agreed. I don't think this is a good advertisement for that "recovery" fellow. First and most importantly, there were numerous safety violations that could have gotten someone killed. Not exactly what you look for in a professional business. At the 22' point, you hear some guys mentioning some of these concerns (in Spanish) but no one does anything about it. Also, the recovery process was not smooth and well planned, and likely caused more damage.

The previous picture I posted with my Jeep in a narrow canyon was in Los Coyotes Indian Reservation. The recovery was coordinated by one of the local Indians with four wheeling experience, but not a 4x4 or recovery professional. He did a fantastic job of coordinating three winches, tow straps, and spotters to right the Jeep back up with minimal damage. I'd done a backwards somersault trying to climb a slick waterfall. After pulling the plugs and spitting out the oil, I drove it back to camp.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Prayers for a speedy recovery for you and the Jeep. You did what you thought was right but gravity won the game. We all live and learn. No criticism from me.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
They could not reverse out and because that stake was in the ground they could not make any successful action to turn around. Just remember watching a short video doesn’t always provide the full story. I appreciate your input.

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Agreed. I don't think this is a good advertisement for that "recovery" fellow. First and most importantly, there were numerous safety violations that could have gotten someone killed. Not exactly what you look for in a professional business. At the 22' point, you hear some guys mentioning some of these concerns (in Spanish) but no one does anything about it. Also, the recovery process was not smooth and well planned, and likely caused more damage.

The previous picture I posted with my Jeep in a narrow canyon was in Los Coyotes Indian Reservation. The recovery was coordinated by one of the local Indians with four wheeling experience, but not a 4x4 or recovery professional. He did a fantastic job of coordinating three winches, tow straps, and spotters to right the Jeep back up with minimal damage. I'd done a backwards somersault trying to climb a slick waterfall. After pulling the plugs and spitting out the oil, I drove it back to camp.
Yea it kind of seems that the "recovery" man was a little more interested in getting Youtube subscribers on the way to the site than actually getting there.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
You live to wheel another day, life goes on. Jeep looks fixable…
Prayers for a speedy recovery for you and the Jeep. You did what you thought was right but gravity won the game. We all live and learn. No criticism from me.
Thanks guys this is my attitude as well. Things can be replaced, life cannot. I have an amazing wife, great friends and an awesome Jeep community. Hopefully it will get repaired and I’ll be back out on the trails soon enough.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man. I almost flipped my 2009 Rubicon in that spot.

This was another time in that same spot; this rookie showed up with this Toyota beater and landed it sideways
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Whoops! Overturned @ Cleghorn Trail [Recover Video Added] 1652137333737

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Whoops! Overturned @ Cleghorn Trail [Recover Video Added] 1652137480958

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 XR Whoops! Overturned @ Cleghorn Trail [Recover Video Added] 1652137389977

My pucker still twitches when I see that chute.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I have a few bruises on my body, but mainly just a bruised ego and slap to my pride.

There were definitely some rookie mistakes made. The driver in front of me damaged his fender and I watched him do it, because of that, I decided to ride higher in order to avoid my fender being damaged… great choice right?

I panicked once I got too off camber, kept the tires turned toward the wall and touched the gas. In hindsight the mistakes were obvious, but so goes the saying of such things being 20/20 after the fact.

You can laugh, say how stupid my decision making process was or whatever else comes to mind. Hell, it’s probably all true, but each failure to me is another notch in my belt towards wisdom and learning new things.

I’ll be back out soon!
I dont think anyone would laugh.

Always use a spotter when challenging yourself. I know a lot of people claim using a spotter doesnt count or whatever. But who cares honestly.

This sucks man. There you are. Challenging yourself and the Jeep. Wheeling hard for that experience, pushing to the next, level and this shit happens.

Hope your jeeps up and running again soon. And youll forget about it.

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392

You can laugh, say how stupid my decision making process was or whatever else comes to mind. Hell, it’s probably all true, but each failure to me is another notch in my belt towards wisdom and learning new things.

I’ll be back out soon!
Glad you're OK! We've all been there.

-Dean

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250

yeah, thought dude had a death wish at the 19:48 mark standing in direct line with that anchor spike …. Holy shit

A4DC2F7E-DA82-4D2A-8682-8B004DEDA220.jpeg
Sponsored