Sponsored

Did you expect the base price of the 2021 Wrangler 392 to be UNDER or OVER $70,000?

• Total voters

mrindiana

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU
Ordered 11/19 4:30 pm got VIN (678064) in mid January. Stuck in D ever since. Billet Silver, no half doors or 1 Touch. Special options shouldn’t be the hold up on mine....
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Well I was basically dead on to fully optioned one price wise but off on base price by quite a bit. That said I’m sure they’ll sell all of them. Exciting for those that are getting them! I’m tempted to swap a 392 into my wife’s 2021 2 door...

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Thanks as well... I think I can put together my price now... BTW, When did you put your order in? Just curious how long it is taking to get a VIN and D1
ordered-12.29.20 von#-1.12.21 vin/d-1.21.21 yet to get d1

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Rob, you were actually the original chosen one as I reached out to you first before anyone else with the offer to help and then Kevin noticed our conversation and PM’d me. No super secret MSRPS, no clicks or house groups and we are willing to assist anyone who would do the same for us. Real talk, there is just no time for the haters and doubters who stalk 392 threads to bring us who have ordered or are thinking of ordering down, when they actually have no interest in a 392 or have not ordered one themselves.
YOU on the other hand, have been nothing but helpful to other people, your posts are great and insightful and you are truly an asset to this forum. Offer is open anytime, and we hopefully still can help if you haven't had a VIN for more than 30 days. That was just my method to get escalated to senior level customer care (which I learned from them suggesting to me directly once I had an open case #). I’ll PM you my phone number like I have done with others (that’s the main reason this originally turned into a PM thing) and will gladly explain the somewhat unconventional process that I, @0II392II0, @TCMC and others have used to obtain our 392 order prices which are there and very much out in the open for most customer service reps (not the chat ones) to see on their screen. Just because Jeep/Stellantis/Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romeo or whatever else they want us to call them these days has not chosen to release the prices publicly to the media for various different reasons, (the main being that certain parts had been held up oversees which could have led to price and tariff increases) that does not mean that this is some secret original Coca Cola or Mac sauce recipe sitting in a vault hidden away. They knew MSRP and calculated it 100x over many months before putting out a press release that the 392 would go into production. Dozens of employees have had access to the prices this entire time. Whats funny is if they went home from work and told their family or friends, some on here would THEN consider it FACT, but because I am a repeat customer who ordered one 3 months ago that was able to get them to disclose to me (AND NOW OTHERS), something that we should have had a long time ago, it’s disregarding as a “rumor”. 🤔

Alex, Wow, thank you for the kind words! I've honestly just always enjoyed helping people, in all areas of life. Yet, even more so when it comes to learning more about (or just sharing the "excitement" about) something that I have in common with them.

It is sad to see your efforts get "trolled" by those who have more interest in trying to make themselves feel smart by shaming or insulting people, than they do in actually helping. But there is no shortage of that type of mentality, that's for sure.

I for one fully appreciate everything you, and all the others, have done to help people here as well, it makes this place a lot more fun to come to! :)

-Rob

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
OK, so I'm going to admit the longer I'm sitting on the price it is making me a little worrier, don't want to hyperextend my self with payments. I've been trying to put together the total monthly cost; payment, insurance, gas, piggy bank for maintenance and upgrades. I just got of the phone with USAA and was surprised exact coverage is going to be almost 40 dollars cheaper than my 2020 f150(maxed out xlt, literally maxed out 58k sticker). That was nice to hear, the gas bill can eat into my allotted F@uk around money, but I really don't want a payment above 900. If it ends up being like 1k for a 72 month, I would do it. But I really don't want to go much further. If that ends up being the case I might end up looking at doing a lease with purchase option. I've never leased before but this by far the most expensive vehicle I well have ever purchased. Have a wife, kids, house, blah..blah..blah.. and would like a smaller payment I can make extra on rather a high one with out options.
I have read most every post on leasing in here and ehhh, so-so info, I also went to the hellcat forums and read leasing experiences there as that is a better comparison. Was wondering if anyone is thinking the same or has any experience to share on the matter.
(going to put 15k +or-1k down. The price is not putting a shadow on the 392 just trying to figure out how to best work this into my situation and hearing about other's experience financing/leasing a vehicle this expensive.)
----Side note I think I'm over thinking this ever since I got the :swear: look from wife when I told her the price I was told from jeep chat. (didn't say a damn word...didn't have to, I get it, it's expensive. But this is really going to be a once in a lifetime thing.)

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
----Side note I think I'm over thinking this ever since I got the :swear: look from wife when I told her the price I was told from jeep chat. (didn't say a damn word...didn't have to, I get it, it's expensive. But this is really going to be a once in a lifetime thing.)
Happy wife, happy life. Once in a lifetime or not. The next gen of the 4xe will be amazing. The future is bright. Hopefully the top tier bronco does challenge the wrangler in every category, especially price.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Happy wife, happy life. Once in a lifetime or not. The next gen of the 4xe will be amazing. The future is bright. Hopefully the top tier bronco does challenge the wrangler in every category, especially price.
A :swear: look doesn't even come close to her being upset, I my self am conscious of the cost. As far as the 4xe, if an RC car interested me I'd borrow my boy's, I'm getting this hemi :rock:. Looking at all options is all.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
If it ends up being like 1k for a 72 month, I would do it. But I really don't want to go much further. If that ends up being the case I might end up looking at doing a lease with purchase option. I've never leased before but this by far the most expensive vehicle I well have ever purchased. Have a wife, kids, house, blah..blah..blah.. and would like a smaller payment I can make extra on rather a high one with out options.
I have read most every post on leasing in here and ehhh, so-so info, I also went to the hellcat forums and read leasing experiences there as that is a better comparison. Was wondering if anyone is thinking the same or has any experience to share on the matter.
(going to put 15k +or-1k down. The price is not putting a shadow on the 392 just trying to figure out how to best work this into my situation and hearing about other's experience financing/leasing a vehicle this expensive.)
Ultimately you are the one making the payments. I am usually the one to buy over leasing, but for my girlfriend, we are leasing. It is not a 392 but it still is an expensive vehicle from my perspective. She has about $15k to put as down payment plus her trade. The payment for buying with a 72 months puts her budget tighter than she or I would like. Trading her car in and not put any money down put a lease payment at what she can afford and I can easily cover if needed. I figure the $15k can be put towards the buyout. (we expect to have more money by the time the lease is up) The lease is more expensive, but if the $15k which is invested grow in value, it could offset the difference.

Sponsored

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Couple of thoughts on leasing... How much are you going to drive it is the first question, if not much a lease might make sense... they get pretty silly after about 12k miles per year... The other big factor is what Jeep Finance is willing to put down for the residual, I know with a Leaf EV I bot they had crappy residuals so they didn't make sense to lease and I ended up buying one a couple of years old at what I thought was a steal, but as it turns out that crappy residual was actually pretty generous, because they depreciated really fast. The Residual and the implied interest rate are the most important factors in a lease. I have leased several vehicles and on every one the residual was way more than the car was worth at the end of the lease, meaning the dealer/mfg eat a lot of the cost. They will play around with those factors depending on how much they want to sell the vehicle. Another factor to consider and one that is probably going to keep me from considering a lease is the fact you are renting the thing and can't really modify it the way you might want to. I am hoping there is some of that zero interest money around when the time comes... but I am not optimistic given the demand and fact Libor is on the rise... I am also looking at this as a once in a lifetime purchase... its a vehicle that will never really go out of style or really even wear out as you can just keep upgrading and replacing parts... I see really cool 20+ yo Jeeps on the road all the time...

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am also looking at this as a once in a lifetime purchase... its a vehicle that will never really go out of style or really even wear out as you can just keep upgrading and replacing parts... I see really cool 20+ yo Jeeps on the road all the time...
I agree. I am hoping to keep this thing until I die, or until they stop selling gasoline, whichever comes first. ;)

OP
OP
Alleycat392

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
So it appears someh 392’s have finally rolled off the production line and are sitting on factory lot waiting to be inspected, but still no official price released to the press. If not released later today, odds on next Wednesday?

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So it appears someh 392’s have finally rolled off the production line and are sitting on factory lot waiting to be inspected, but still no official price released to the press. If not released later today, odds on next Wednesday?
Yeah, I'm at a complete loss. 🤷‍♂️ We joked about them showing up at dealerships without an official price, but that doesn't seem all that improbable at the moment!

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
A :swear: look doesn't even come close to her being upset...
Yeah, I'm at a complete loss. 🤷‍♂️ We joked about them showing up at dealerships without an official price, but that doesn't seem all that improbable at the moment!

Dealers have to pay for them (called flooring) so zero chance it will show up at a dealer without a price. Not to mention the Monroney Label Law.

Rob97RR said:
I agree. I am hoping to keep this thing until I die, or until they stop selling gasoline, whichever comes first. ;)
I planned on the same thing. My wife has already made me promise to sell it at 95k based on the history of my past jeeps. I grinned, knowing the next one will likely be better than the 392. I've had bad luck between 95 and 105k with repairs on the past two new jeeps i've owned.
Sponsored