Sponsored

Did you expect the base price of the 2021 Wrangler 392 to be UNDER or OVER $70,000?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Alleycat392

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Full time all wheel drive? Reckon they need to keep that beast as safe as possible :jk:
Pretty crazy that they had to disengage 2wd to keep the 392 safe. Wonder what they are going to do with the All Electric versions in the future that could possibly have the same amount of torque or more as the Hummer EV.
Sponsored

Last edited:

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Whoever thinks that this price is too high needs to go back and reread the original threads when we first heard about the 392 Wrangler. All the people that said they would never build it eventually said that it would be $100,000. Demon prices. $80 to $120,000 was the average prediction in that thread. Now people are complaining 73,000 is crazy.
Weā€™ve come along way

TCMC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubi
How is the other guy wrong? His 392 had dual top and tow package options, $73860 + $1495 destination plus $1300 dual top is within $400 of his prices. The tow package is normally $795, but the 392 already comes standard with the 4 electrical accessory. If the tow package is $400 they price is exactly the same.
Yeah... Seems like it's all in line.

OP
OP
Alleycat392

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is the other guy wrong? His 392 had dual top and tow package options, $73860 + $1495 destination plus $1300 dual top is within $400 of his prices. The tow package is normally $795, but the 392 already comes standard with the 4 electrical accessory. If the tow package is $400 they price is exactly the same.

I am not saying any one is right, but the 2 claims of the price happen to be right in line with each other. I would guess that we will find out sometime this month the actual 392 pricing.
I did the math last night. You are correct. We are within $400 of each other and we were given completely different numbers and have totally different orders. Most convincing, I had to get there in reverse because only prices I was provided were $83,945 (monroney) & $78,952 (invoice). For what its worth the $350-400 difference was bothering me so I went over his order and noticed he also ordered All Weather Mats, which I donā€™t think he ever mentioned. That puts us even closer. Still wondering if I should have just kept the numbers to myself but all in all, I think It helped a lot of people from the PMā€™s I received.

Last edited:

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37ā€ KO2s
Id be on board with a 73-74k base MSRP.

So why were all the online news outlets that announced the price based on this forum saying the base MSRP was 77k?

I was not in agreement with a 77k base.

Sponsored

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
its a jeep with a v8. my first jeep (cj5) had a v8. it didnt approach 80k out the door. we dont know for sure what the price will really be but its gonna be, by my reckoning, outlandish. many folks have been conditioned to accept outlandish prices on vehicles and jeep is no exception. its a jeep with a v8, not a ferrari. from a company that has a pretty poor reputation and a pretty sad dealer support network. v8 in a jeep is the emperor's clothes. if the price as assumed is close, its more expensive than a new corvette c8. and there is no way it was more expensive to put the hemi in the jeep than a diesel.

nhemisisOTR

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 4Runner TRD PRO
Vehicle Showcase
So no invoice prices associated? MSRP is cool, but that is not what Iā€™m paying.

Thanks for sharing though.
lol youll be paying msrp thats for sure

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Probably not. Wouldn't be cheaper just to have the aftermarket do an engine swap? For what Jeep is asking, I will just get a Ram TRX.

Ha, good luck finding a TRX for much less than $100k properly built out... I priced both the 392 and the TRX before ordering the 392.. this is what one dealer told me (I finally found a jeep dealer who would do MSRP)... Lots of other reasons I chose the 392 as well...

I hope you're sitting down, Gary! haha

RAM TRX LAUNCH EDITION $35,000 over MSRP
RAM TRX (any model non launch) $25,000 over MSRP

WRANGLER 392- 1st unit is $15,000 over MSRP
every unit after is $10,000 over MSRP

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Ha, good luck finding a TRX for much less than $100k properly built out... I priced both the 392 and the TRX before ordering the 392.. this is what one dealer told me (I finally found a jeep dealer who would do MSRP)... Lots of other reasons I chose the 392 as well...

I hope you're sitting down, Gary! haha

RAM TRX LAUNCH EDITION $35,000 over MSRP
RAM TRX (any model non launch) $25,000 over MSRP

WRANGLER 392- 1st unit is $15,000 over MSRP
every unit after is $10,000 over MSRP
Anyone paying over MSRP is a fool! $35k over sticker for a launch TRX? rofl

SteveSRT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali, 2021 392 Rubicon
Anyone paying over MSRP is a fool! $35k over sticker for a launch TRX? rofl
I agree. I'm on some TRX facebook groups and there's plenty of posts of dealers offering them at MSRP too.

Wicked3.0

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
Pretty crazy that they had to disengage 2wd to keep the 392 safe. Wonder what they are going to do with the All Electric versions in the future that could possibly have the same amount of torque or more as the Hummer EV.
Is this a fact? Does anyone have a source to back this up? Or does the 392 come standard with the 4:1 Rock-Trac Heavy Duty Full Time 4wd system that is the $695 option when building a standard Rubicon / Sahara?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought this system was IN ADDITION to the 2wd, 4hi & 4lo mode. They way it was described to me by my dealer was it is basically a ā€œdummy modeā€ for people who donā€™t know when to put the transfer case to 4hi, so this system would let you dial it to ā€œfull timeā€ or better phased: ā€œAutoā€ so it does the switch between 2hi to 4hi for you if it detects slippage.

If that (above) is what the 392 has Iā€™m fine with it, as Iā€™ll never switch it to that mode but if I canā€™t physically go from 2hi to 4hi when I want this changes things for me personally.

OP
OP
Alleycat392

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this a fact? Does anyone have a source to back this up? Or does the 392 come standard with the 4:1 Rock-Trac Heavy Duty Full Time 4wd system that is the $695 option when building a standard Rubicon / Sahara?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought this system was IN ADDITION to the 2wd, 4hi & 4lo mode. They way it was described to me by my dealer was it is basically a ā€œdummy modeā€ for people who donā€™t know when to put the transfer case to 4hi, so this system would let you dial it to ā€œfull timeā€ or better phased: ā€œAutoā€ so it does the switch between 2hi to 4hi for you if it detects slippage.

If that (above) is what the 392 has Iā€™m fine with it, as Iā€™ll never switch it to that mode but if I canā€™t physically go from 2hi to 4hi when I want this changes things for me personally.
Yes, I have a source to back it up....
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Wrangler Unlimited BASE MSRP PRICE REVEALED [$73,695]! Pricing directly from Stellantis 0C6FC71A-C46D-4D63-B05B-FFA23E91CDD6

Last edited:

Wicked3.0

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
Well Iā€™ll be darned..... thanks for finding that and posting that up. I hope Road & Track is wrong. Shoot! That really is annoying. Almost as annoying as them putting the dial shifter in the new Power Wagon! Errgh! šŸ˜–
Sponsored