Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
They had 2 Broncos, wish they had added another Jeep; preferably, the 4xe with the turbo to help with altitude. It would be the heaviest vehicle, but not the slowest.
My thoughts exactly.
Sponsored

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Ford engine bays are designed like a total mess on purpose, so it’s hard to see when the engines blow up... đŸ˜«

1656192238308.jpeg
At least they didn't bury the oil filter in some unknown spot. Without using the internet, go look at a new Ranger and try to find the filter. I bet you can't. It took me 5 minutes while on a hoist to find it. Then when you do, you find out it drains about a foot behind the actual filter. Maybe a 2015 era Ford F150 with the coyote motor. You just go by feel when changing the filter as you can't see it.

Just wait until it's 10 years old and you got to change something like the valve cover gaskets. It's super happy fun time trying to get off all of the hose and wiring connections. From looking at the breather hose on the passenger side valve cover, that thing will never age and break thus throwing an over lean condition code and thus the light.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
That Raptor is like a young Sandra Bernhard. A few people thought she was "sexy ugly." Most people just thought she wasn't very good looking.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Wrangler spanks Bronco Raptor 1656507568156

JLs are just plain sexy, with beautiful lines and a timeless design.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Wrangler spanks Bronco Raptor 1656507666988

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
Ford engine bays are designed like a total mess on purpose, so it’s hard to see when the engines blow up... đŸ˜«

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Wrangler spanks Bronco Raptor 1656507666988
lol; if I was a dealer I'd want more complications for more hours on the repair quotes in the service dept.

hellafools

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Trogdor the Burninator! I haven’t seen/heard a 392 in person, but on video it sounds amazing.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
True, but this isn't 1990 where displacement meant anything. That twin-turbo intercooled V6 failed miserably in out performing the ancient design of the 392 from 2011. Ford should have set beating that as a benchmark for their 80,000 ride.

Personally I can't wait to see what a Wrangler does with the new I6 turbo in it.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a39530125/stellantis-twin-turbo-inline-six-specs-details/
Make the race across the desert and it becomes far more laughable in the opposite direction. The raptor was never built for drag racing, rock crawling, or even standard trail running. It was built to haul ass in rough terrain. Why would the benchmark be beating a 392 on the street? Obviously the wrangler will beat it in a drag race, hell with the soft long travel suspension in the raptor it might even beat it on a windy road. Rock crawling? Jeep wins again. Don’t get me wrong, I love our JLUR, and I’ve had it up to 100mph in the desert, but that is not its comfort zone. For all around use on road and off, I’ll take the Jeep. For high speed off road use, the raptor wins by more than any of us Jeep fans want to admit.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Make the race across the desert and it becomes far more laughable in the opposite direction. The raptor was never built for drag racing, rock crawling, or even standard trail running. It was built to haul ass in rough terrain. Why would the benchmark be beating a 392 on the street? Obviously the wrangler will beat it in a drag race, hell with the soft long travel suspension in the raptor it might even beat it on a windy road. Rock crawling? Jeep wins again. Don’t get me wrong, I love our JLUR, and I’ve had it up to 100mph in the desert, but that is not its comfort zone. For all around use on road and off, I’ll take the Jeep. For high speed off road use, the raptor wins by more than any of us Jeep fans want to admit.
Why the street, because most buyers aren't taking that anywhere near the sand or rocks. Both the Raptor and 392 IMHO are silly. Nobody buys these vehicles for speed, and if they do..they made a serious mistake. There are far better ways to spend 80k.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Why the street, because most buyers aren't taking that anywhere near the sand or rocks. Both the Raptor and 392 IMHO are silly. Nobody buys these vehicles for speed, and if they do..they made a serious mistake. There are far better ways to spend 80k.
Clearly you don't spend much time in the desert? The f150 raptors are everywhere, and they aren't any cheaper than the Bronco version. I see at least 1 trx out in the dunes every time we are out too. Believe it or not, some of us buy expensive off road vehicles... to go off road.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Clearly you don't spend much time in the desert? The f150 raptors are everywhere, and they aren't any cheaper than the Bronco version. I see at least 1 trx out in the dunes every time we are out too. Believe it or not, some of us buy expensive off road vehicles... to go off road.
No every Raptor owner I've ever known or seen has driven it to work as a daily driver or towed a boat. None have ever seen the desert. I'd offer more are bought for what I've witnessed, than desert driving.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
No every Raptor owner I've ever known or seen has driven it to work as a daily driver or towed a boat. None have ever seen the desert. I'd offer more are bought for what I've witnessed, than desert driving.
There aren’t too many deserts in Maryland, so in your are I agree 100%. Of course in Maryland most wranglers never go off road either, so out there people should just listen to consumer reports and never buy a Jeep or a Bronco as there are far better on road vehicles? Most people buying either likely don’t wheel
or drag race, so the argument doesn’t hold much water in my opinion.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
There aren’t too many deserts in Maryland, so in your are I agree 100%. Of course in Maryland most wranglers never go off road either, so out there people should just listen to consumer reports and never buy a Jeep or a Bronco as there are far better on road vehicles?
Not true. There are numerous trails in VA, MD, PA. And Jeep wasn't meant for deserts.....

But that said most Wranglers in AMERICA never go off road.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Not true. There are numerous trails in VA, MD, PA. And Jeep wasn't meant for deserts.....
I never said there weren’t trails, or that nobody wheels, but most people don’t. Not even out here with free, nearly year round access to the best trails in the country. And you’re just agreeing with me now. The raptor destroys the wrangler in the desert or any other high speed off road scenario as that is what IT is meant for. The raptor also offers a much more plush and comfortable on road ride. That is the beauty of a long travel IFS.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I never said there weren’t trails, or that nobody wheels, but most people don’t. Not even out here with free, nearly year round access to the best trails in the country. And you’re just agreeing with me now. The raptor destroys the wrangler in the desert or any other high speed off road scenario as that is what IT is meant for. The raptor also offers a much more plush and comfortable on road ride. That is the beauty of a long travel IFS.
That's definitely true, the Wrangler is certainly not made for Baja/Sand running.

I wasn't aware we were disagreeing on anything aside from the idea that people should just listen to consumer reports when they buy vehicles.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Spent a month in Moab this year. Saw thousands of Broncos in the town of Moab. Only a couple on the trails. Easy trails. None on any trails rated at 5 and higher. You know the same trails that you see Subaru Outlanders and Forestrer on.
Sponsored