392 vs Bronco Raptor pricing

Xerox

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dreaming of JEEP Rubicon
Not saying these are apples to apples. However, pricing the Raptor with the options I was interested in came in @ $75,365. A 392 with the options I was interested in was $84,755. Base is $69,995 vs $78985.

Yes, I also realize that the Raptor will be tough to get at MSRP but it can be done. And I also know the 392 can be had at a discount too. However, there is still a significant gap in the pricing.

Not interested in stirring anything up. Just interested in other's thoughts/views regarding this pricing.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/model/customize/base?fmccmp=lp-suvs-mid-bp-bronco
Sponsored

Reactions: DGT

GladiSD

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' AEV 392 JL370, 08' S2000 CR, 08' S2000, 99' SV
Occupation
Sure...
I previously owned a Raptor, and ultimately, I got bored. It was just a truck. Albeit, a wide truck, but a truck nonetheless. I sold it to buy a Viper, which was wayyy more fun. I have had a TJ, JK, and now a JT. The JL 392 is really a "one-off" idea to me. Like a concept they actually put into production. Top off, and doors off with STUPID POWER!?!?(and the off-road chops to back it up) lol Find that somewhere else!!!

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
They are both different vehicles so it is hard to compare. You just need to buy what you think is the one you like the best.

Both are super cool, both are beasts. I would go for the Jeep because I love it, but at that price point with those options you canā€™t make a mistake.

go with your heart, not your wallet and youā€™ll be happy!

OP
OP

Xerox

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dreaming of JEEP Rubicon
They are both different vehicles so it is hard to compare. You just need to buy what you think is the one you like the best.

Both are super cool, both are beasts. I would go for the Jeep because I love it, but at that price point with those options you canā€™t make a mistake.

go with your heart, not your wallet and youā€™ll be happy!
Heart definitely says Jeep!

bacon392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Rubicon 392 XR
@Xerox , what is your primary purpose for this vehicle? Commuting? Desert Running? Rock Crawling? Hauling wood and furniture? Camping trips?

They're both awesome are both have tons of power, but they're completely different vehicles.

In a vote for the Jeep, the exhaust note of my 392 is amazing. I smile every time I hit the gas.
I can't say I know what a Raptor sounds like because as many as I've seen, I've never heard one.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
A
@Xerox , what is your primary purpose for this vehicle? Commuting? Desert Running? Rock Crawling? Hauling wood and furniture? Camping trips?

They're both awesome are both have tons of power, but they're completely different vehicles.

In a vote for the Jeep, the exhaust note of my 392 is amazing. I smile every time I hit the gas.
I can't say I know what a Raptor sounds like because as many as I've seen, I've never heard one.
A 6 can be made loud, but can never replace the rumble and roar of a V8!!!

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Pretty much what @GladiSD said. If you need a truck you should have a truck. I have 3: 1969, 2001 and 2016. But the 392 is not at all the same. TRUCKS NEED POWER! But they are very utilitarian and not funā€¦. If I could only have 1 vehicle it would be a truck, but not a raptor. A power wagonā€¦.

GladiSD

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' AEV 392 JL370, 08' S2000 CR, 08' S2000, 99' SV
Occupation
Sure...
Think heā€™s talking about the Bronco Raptor.
If he is...then this post doesn't matter. Bronco Raptors won't be available for a long long time. There is nothing to compare to because the B Rap is gonna be complete and total mess up on unveiling with all their issues. (Not a Ford hater one bit. Owned 9 Fords in the past 20 years...happily)

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Assuming I could keep my Jeep, I would go Raptor over 392 any day of the weekā€¦ But I would probably go TRX over Raptor.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
If he is...then this post doesn't matter. Bronco Raptors won't be available for a long long time. There is nothing to compare to because the B Rap is gonna be complete and total mess up on unveiling with all their issues. (Not a Ford hater one bit. Owned 9 Fords in the past 20 years...happily)
I was surprised they had it on B&P in his link.

UrbanCowboyAZ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JLURD, ā€˜02 TJ
Occupation
Real Estate
Have you considered a TRX? I tried to pull the trigger on a Tuscadero 392 for my wife and they discontinued the color the night before I finalized my order with my dealer (Kent in Idaho). As I already have a JLURD and my wife really only wanted it in pink, I decided to look for something else and found some good deals through the TRX forum. The Jeep I was ordering had an MSRP of $84k and I was going to get it for $82k. Through the TRX forum I found a dealer (there are a few to choose from) who knocked it down from a $95k MSRP for a pretty loaded truck to $86k. So only &4k more than I was going to pay for the Wrangler and Iā€™ll still get awesome v8 sound and power.

My friend is trying to find a gem 3 Raptor right now and with it being so new, heā€™s not finding anything under MSRP, which really closes the gap in prices between the Raptor and TRX. All 3 are awesome vehicles, no matter which you decide.

OP
OP

Xerox

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dreaming of JEEP Rubicon

Well If I am completely honest. it will be like most, mostly commuting :(. But would prefer to do more Rock Crawling.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Yep Bronco Raptor
So, I really want to want a Bronco. I had a 95 Full Size and wish I had held onto it. Iā€™ve always lusted after an early bronco as a toy, but theyā€™ve gotten stupid expensive.

Ford nailed the exterior styling for me (except the awful top quality), but the killer for me is that itā€™s basically a Ranger.
Sponsored