Herson

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Do you have a P/N for the rubber pad isolators? it seems that you replaced those 2.
Thanks in advance!
No idea. I didn’t look at part numbers.
Sponsored

viclye

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
@Herson. Finally got around to installing my 392 suspension on my JLUR. Basically did everything you did. Thanks for all the advice. Time to get 35s. Did you notice a difference after you installed the Mopar LCAs?

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 takeoff suspension on a regular rubicon F7B3FEC1-BF45-4128-B493-C7D089B87F1B

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 takeoff suspension on a regular rubicon 5360BBC9-0636-4929-981F-1E41A954789C

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 takeoff suspension on a regular rubicon DDD34D77-B49C-47D8-B306-68CA37200EA0

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Herson

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
@Herson. Finally got around to installing my 392 suspension on my JLUR. Basically did everything you did. Thanks for all the advice. Time to get 35s. Did you notice a difference after you installed the Mopar LCAs?

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 takeoff suspension on a regular rubicon DDD34D77-B49C-47D8-B306-68CA37200EA0

I installed the longer LCAs right away when I swapped the suspension so I can’t say. There is a thread were many members install the longer mopar LCAs on stock Rubicon and say they make the jeep drive way better. I asume they make a difference. Mine drives straight. Your jeep looks awesome!

JLR SPT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
So first off thanks to Herson & everyone who did this upgrade for the feedback. Thought I would share my results on 2018 JL 2 door Rubicon. I put a full take off from 392 with steel bumpers onto my stock 2 door Rubicon package with factory plastic bumpers and gained right at 2"all around at fenders. I had already added Mopar steel bumper & skid plate up front and Metalcloak rear bumper. Ride quality on highway is tighter over bumps and recovers faster from bigger hits at higher speed. It is NOT a harsher or stiffer ride from my observation. I replaced shocks, springs, all controls arms, track bars, rear sway bar and all end links from a new 392 and everything fit up great. My 2018 Rubicon had around 55K miles so this was a great way to freshen up the entire suspension rather than just new shocks. I am totally happy with results.
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 takeoff suspension on a regular rubicon tempImagei2Ocmr
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 takeoff suspension on a regular rubicon tempImageSqNpzO

Deki

First Name
Dejan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 2500 PW, 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

That looks awesome. What engine do you have? And if you get a chance, can you take a side picture? I would appreciate it!

NickJar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RD
ended up right at 3" taller. Its actually too tall for me. Hurt my knee pretty bad the first time I got out of it. I drove for 50 miles to let the springs settle a little, still 3" taller. I measured from about 5 different places, all the same height gain.

ended up removing the springs and left the shocks. compressed length works fine, and gives me 1" more droop with the 392 links.

Now I will be selling a set of 6 392 springs. (full set of 4, plus extra front and rear so those with diesel can run same spring left and right, or go with 392 different length left and right).

If anyone is in AZ and wants a set of 392 springs for cheap let me know. should give a non-392 2" to 3" lift. $150 for all 6 springs.
How to was the ride on the eco diesel when you had the springs in?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
How to was the ride on the eco diesel when you had the springs in?
better than stock. im still running the shocks, and even just those with my diesel springs is a big improvement.

Sponsored

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

I've got my 2.0 Sahara jacked up right now, working on this in between zoom calls. Probably won't finish today, I'm pretty busy. I'm just looking and making sure I shouldn't get bump stops. Local shop has a set of teraflex falcon bump stops for $70. Do it or no? I love listening to you guys on here, you all have way more experience than me. I had 2 stock TJ's, 1 rough country lifted TJ, 1 rough country lifted JKU, and here we are on my JLU Sahara but I am not well versed on jeep lifts. I'm happy to return help with input on commercial HVAC systems though! Thanks!
Hi Drew, revisiting this thread and, like you, I have 392 shocks and springs ready to install on my 2021 JLU Sahara. A few questions, am I correct in assuming you re-used all of your stock spring isolators (upper and lower) and just changed out the springs and shocks (and end links)?. Also, how are these Teraflex extended bump stops working out? Is it safe to assume that they are around 1" longer than the stock ones (front and back)? Did you eventually have to use any spacers or still running how you installed these? Finally, how have these been after installation and have you had to change out anything else? Thanks in advance for all of these questions!!

redwhiteandrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
Hi Drew, revisiting this thread and, like you, I have 392 shocks and springs ready to install on my 2021 JLU Sahara. A few questions, am I correct in assuming you re-used all of your stock spring isolators (upper and lower) and just changed out the springs and shocks (and end links)?. Also, how are these Teraflex extended bump stops working out? Is it safe to assume that they are around 1" longer than the stock ones (front and back)? Did you eventually have to use any spacers or still running how you installed these? Finally, how have these been after installation and have you had to change out anything else? Thanks in advance for all of these questions!!
Sure! Yes, I reused my stock isolators. I've put on probably 15k miles since this lift and they're unchanged. I did the springs, shocks, end links and also swapped for the mopar performance lower front control arms because they were cheap and people said to do it, they're not much longer but it was recommended. The bump stops work great, they are probably an inch longer yes. No spacers required, still running how I installed it. I ended up moving from FL to NH and towed a trailer with this lift on, no problems at all. My jeep looks amazing, drives amazing, and this was well worth the effort. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Thanks to this group, I got all the answers I needed to make the swap and I highly recommend you do as well! Cheers!

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Sure! Yes, I reused my stock isolators. I've put on probably 15k miles since this lift and they're unchanged. I did the springs, shocks, end links and also swapped for the mopar performance lower front control arms because they were cheap and people said to do it, they're not much longer but it was recommended. The bump stops work great, they are probably an inch longer yes. No spacers required, still running how I installed it. I ended up moving from FL to NH and towed a trailer with this lift on, no problems at all. My jeep looks amazing, drives amazing, and this was well worth the effort. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Thanks to this group, I got all the answers I needed to make the swap and I highly recommend you do as well! Cheers!
Awesome and great to hear! I have the Mopar LCA as well and will put those in too. All I need are those bumpstops and the rear end links (wasn't included at the time of the private sale). Are the end links that much longer than the stock Sahara end links or can I get away with keeping the rear stock? What size tires are you running? Will be installing these when the weather gets better.

redwhiteandrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
Awesome and great to hear! I have the Mopar LCA as well and will put those in too. All I need are those bumpstops and the rear end links (wasn't included at the time of the private sale). Are the end links that much longer than the stock Sahara end links or can I get away with keeping the rear stock? What size tires are you running? Will be installing these when the weather gets better.
Hmm, I don't recall how much longer they were. I remember I was sweating in the sun and everything was burning hot so I went pretty quick! I got my 392 suspension for free from the guy I bought my 392 bumpers and wheels off of, so I have stock 392 wheels as well. I think they're 33's but close to 32. Here's a photo from yesterday.

IMG_7980.jpeg

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Hmm, I don't recall how much longer they were. I remember I was sweating in the sun and everything was burning hot so I went pretty quick! I got my 392 suspension for free from the guy I bought my 392 bumpers and wheels off of, so I have stock 392 wheels as well. I think they're 33's but close to 32. Here's a photo from yesterday.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 takeoff suspension on a regular rubicon IMG_7980
Great looking Jeep! The tires and wheels complete the setup! Thanks for your help. And yes, this forum is awesome!!
Sponsored