TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
I think I posted the measurements here in this thread. I can’t recall right now but they are longer than the stock ones.
You are right, I missed it… thanks
Sponsored

viclye

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Herson, I just picked up a 392 takeoff suspension kit for a good deal as well. Looks like I will need to purchase the bump stop extensions since since mine did not come with any. My question is when you mounted the 392 front shocks, did you do anything with the upper shock mount? It looks like the stock ones are offset And the ones from the 392 looked centered. Just trying to plan my install.

OP
OP
Herson

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Herson, I just picked up a 392 takeoff suspension kit for a good deal as well. Looks like I will need to purchase the bump stop extensions since since mine did not come with any. My question is when you mounted the 392 front shocks, did you do anything with the upper shock mount? It looks like the stock ones are offset And the ones from the 392 looked centered. Just trying to plan my install.
I installed shocks, springs and links from the 392 and ordered the longer mopar lower control arms. I didn’t changed the bump stops. There is a photo In this thread were I flexed the suspension all the way to the bump stops without a problem.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking for a set here in AZ for a while, congrats on snagging one. post your install pics once completed.

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking for a set here in AZ for a while, congrats on snagging one. post your install pics once completed.
they seem to be like Unicorns here in the North East as well, I had a lead on a set that was in Phoenix of all places and he sold locally still looking!!

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
they seem to be like Unicorns here in the North East as well, I had a lead on a set that was in Phoenix of all places and he sold locally still looking!!
I had a set lined up, but had to have an oral surgery that was unexpected and ended up missing out on it.

The small lift it will give is perfect for running 35s, and the shock valving is also really nice with my Diesel. I will keep looking for a few more weeks but may just breakdown and order a Mopar lift.

OP
OP
Herson

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a set lined up, but had to have an oral surgery that was unexpected and ended up missing out on it.

The small lift it will give is perfect for running 35s, and the shock valving is also really nice with my Diesel. I will keep looking for a few more weeks but may just breakdown and order a Mopar lift.
I think the gain is small if it is a diesel but if it is a 3.6 or 2.0 the lift is 2.75” with stock plastic bumpers.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I think the gain is small if it is a diesel but if it is a 3.6 or 2.0 the lift is 2.75” with stock plastic bumpers.
a 392 sits right between 1" and 1.5" higher than my Diesel Rubicon. Sitting side by side it was much more noticeable than you would expect.

EFA930AA-A41C-48EE-A466-670C992CEDBE.jpeg

Dubv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU
Question for the group, I found someone selling 392 take off, it will be the shocks, springs, and Sway bar links. Do I need to buy new control arms? Anything I need? It’s a great deal, so I don’t mind buying other parts I need. I have a 2020 Willys 2.0T.

Thanks in Advance.

OP
OP
Herson

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question for the group, I found someone selling 392 take off, it will be the shocks, springs, and Sway bar links. Do I need to buy new control arms? Anything I need? It’s a great deal, so I don’t mind buying other parts I need. I have a 2020 Willys 2.0T.

Thanks in Advance.
Get the longer lower control arms from mopar. Read this thread from the beginning. All the information to your questions is there.

Sponsored

Dubv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU
Get the longer lower control arms from mopar. Read this thread from the beginning. All the information to your questions is there.
Thanks! I had missed where you said you did end up getting them. The guy I’m buying them off says I may need a steering stabilizer and longer Track arms. Did you end up getting those too?

OP
OP
Herson

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I had missed where you said you did end up getting them. The guy I’m buying them off says I may need a steering stabilizer and longer Track arms. Did you end up getting those too?
No. Mine drives like it drove before. My logic is that if the 392 has the same control arms and track bars as the regular rubicon, you won’t need anything other than swapping the springs, shocks and links. I added the longer lower control arms just to be safe.The height increase did not significantly shifted the body from the axles to require new adjustable trackbars. As for the steering stabilizer I don’t see the logic here to get a new one if the 392 has the same one.

viclye

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I installed shocks, springs and links from the 392 and ordered the longer mopar lower control arms. I didn’t changed the bump stops. There is a photo In this thread were I flexed the suspension all the way to the bump stops without a problem.
I got the lower control arms from the 392 also.

OP
OP
Herson

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the lower control arms from the 392 also.
Those are the same length. Same in the sport, sahara and rubicon.

sxm1298

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
IT Business Relationship Manager
So if you didn't need to change out the bump stops I wonder why the XR has such long bump stops? There is only about 2" between the bump stop and the bump stop pad on the XR.
Sponsored