Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Just put them on and stay on the road. You don't have to lift it.
I think you misunderstood lol….I got stock Rubi wheels with the 285/70R17s still and the 2 1/2” RC lift and track bars and geometry bracket on the way…nothing left $$$ for the 35s yet. Might be waiting to put the lift on end of March/Tax refund time to get 35s and possibly 392 springs and shocks as I’m at 42k miles right now. So based on life expectancy of shocks I have read, I’m getting close to grim reaper time for the shocks anyway.
Sponsored

RubiTrux

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RubiTrux.com
Vehicle(s)
Custom Wrangler & Gladiator Builder

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Sorry for beating a dead horse… so to maintain a 2 1/2 lift (RC spacer lift) would I replace the shock extensions/shocks & springs with the 392 or 392 XR take-offs?

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Sorry for beating a dead horse… so to maintain a 2 1/2 lift (RC spacer lift) would I replace the shock extensions/shocks & springs with the 392 or 392 XR take-offs?
392 / 392XR are only a 1.5” lift over stock. You will still need a 1” spacer and shock extensions to match what you have.
Depending how much weight you put on the front you may even need more spacer. I put 2.5” springs on my XR but lost an inch with a heavy bumper winch combo. I now have to go with 3.5” front springs to level it out again.

Sponsored

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
392 / 392XR are only a 1.5” lift over stock. You will still need a 1” spacer and shock extensions to match what you have.
Depending how much weight you put on the front you may even need more spacer. I put 2.5” springs on my XR but lost an inch with a heavy bumper winch combo. I now have to go with 3.5” front springs to level it out again.
ok THANKS for all the info! So will need to go to 2 1/2” springs and shocks when my shocks need to be replaced.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok THANKS for all the info! So will need to go to 2 1/2” springs and shocks when my shocks need to be replaced.
Yes that would be my suggestion.

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Here's how the springs were installed on the 392:

Front Driver: 68481300
Front Passenger: 68547087
Rear Driver: 68481302AC
Rear Passenger: 68481303AB
Hi @AnnDee4444 , coming back to this thread with a question. I installed the 392 shocks and springs last weekend and they look great! Based on another site, I put the springs in opposite of what you posted. The site said Front left, Front right, Rear left and rear right instead of your better instructions. So question, other than a different type of ride, will I do damage if I leave the springs in the opposite way (front Passenger in the front Driver position, etc)? BTW, torquing those control arms is a PITA!

20230326_155213.jpg

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Hi @AnnDee4444 , coming back to this thread with a question. I installed the 392 shocks and springs last weekend and they look great! Based on another site, I put the springs in opposite of what you posted. The site said Front left, Front right, Rear left and rear right instead of your better instructions. So question, other than a different type of ride, will I do damage if I leave the springs in the opposite way (front Passenger in the front Driver position, etc)? BTW, torquing those control arms is a PITA!

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 takeoff suspension on a regular rubicon 20230326_155213
There's a very real chance my numbers could be wrong (I got them off of this forum somewhere).

There's no issue with swapping the sides. Jeep even uses the same spring on different sides depending on ride height/options.

Does it sit level? That would be the best indicator that the springs could be swapped.

Sponsored

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

There's a very real chance my numbers could be wrong (I got them off of this forum somewhere).

There's no issue with swapping the sides. Jeep even uses the same spring on different sides depending on ride height/options.

Does it sit level? That would be the best indicator that the springs could be swapped.
To my untrained eye, they look good! So no worries?

BGB9

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU, 2013 Jeep jku
I just recently installed a rubicon suspension on my JLU sport and installed a 1 inch spacer with the mopar LCA on the front and 3/4 spacer on the rear. This leveled me out perfectly and gave me a little over a 2.25 lift.
I just came across someone selling 392 fox shocks for $150 and I’m thinking of getting them but wanted to see if there would be any issues with length of the shocks as well as quality of the shocks compared to the all red rubicon shocks I currently have? Will they provide any improvement to the ride?

OP
OP
Herson

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I just recently installed a rubicon suspension on my JLU sport and installed a 1 inch spacer with the mopar LCA on the front and 3/4 spacer on the rear. This leveled me out perfectly and gave me a little over a 2.25 lift.
I just came across someone selling 392 fox shocks for $150 and I’m thinking of getting them but wanted to see if there would be any issues with length of the shocks as well as quality of the shocks compared to the all red rubicon shocks I currently have? Will they provide any improvement to the ride?
I think they might be fine in terms of length. Mine increased 2” all around with heavy bumper and winch. There was a guy that installed a Clayton 2.5 lift if I am not mistaken on his 392 and used the factory shocks.

In terms of ride, they are definitely stiffer than the red Rubicon ones but not by much. I think ride stiffness is a personal preference and you will get 1 million opinions if you ask about that. I like how mine turned out because I can take tight turns without much body roll while working great off-roading.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look at it this way. Even a 2.5” spacer lift comes with shock extensions. Why limit your down travel with short shocks? Isn’t the point of your lift to give you more room and more travel?
Sponsored