392 takeoff suspension on a regular rubicon

PeterKH

First Name
PeterKH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys 2020
Hmm, I don't recall how much longer they were. I remember I was sweating in the sun and everything was burning hot so I went pretty quick! I got my 392 suspension for free from the guy I bought my 392 bumpers and wheels off of, so I have stock 392 wheels as well. I think they're 33's but close to 32. Here's a photo from yesterday.

IMG_7980.jpeg
May i know if this picture is only change the Shocks of 392? And don't change for other stuff like Springs & Sway bar ...?

PeterKH

First Name
PeterKH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys 2020
Shocks + springs + sway bar links + lower control arms.
Do you know if i could just change only the 392 shocks with my Willys (Rubicon shocks) and keep other parts such as Springs / SwayBar as the Willys factory stock?

redwhiteandrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
Do you know if i could just change only the 392 shocks with my Willys (Rubicon shocks) and keep other parts such as Springs / SwayBar as the Willys factory stock?
Not sure, sorry. I probably wouldn’t do it myself. Seems like at the very least the shocks and springs should match since they’re designed to work together but I’m not sure. You can probably look up the part numbers for both and compare them?

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Compressed length of the 392 shocks is longer than the stock (non-392) bump stop by about 1/2", making the shock your bump stop if you don't extend the bump. You'd gain about an inch in droop.

If you're looking specifically for Foxes, the 2.0 IFP 0-1.5" would be a better application, maintaining bump stop protection and adding about 2" of shock travel compared to the stock Rubicon shocks.

ROK HEMI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
I too have a 392 XR factory lift available. Going to Metal Cloak next week.

full suspension, springs, control arms sway bar links, drag link (needed for higher lift), tie rod and track bar.

SF Bay Area pickup. $500

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

Sponsored

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I just purchased a take off suspension, but the rear sway bar links were not included. Following this thread the factory ones are outrageous. Does anyone have the length of the rear links available? The Mopar 2" lift ones are 11" eye to eye, I am curious if this is close to the 392 ones.

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score