392 Spring Spacer ?'s

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
I am looking to install a spring spacer in the front only. I have added the winch and light and I am sitting 1 1/4 lower in the front. I am thinking 1-1 1/2" Do all of the JL options fit the 392? So far I have looked at Teraflex, Rough Country and the metal Mammoth. Any brand preference? I would also appreciate any install tips. Will alignment and steering adjustments be required? Since I am putting it back to where it was I was thinking just a simple install but confused about bump stops and coil bind. I would also consider a spring replacement if one exists. Thanks.
Sponsored

407Lou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Rubicon 392, '16 Challenger Hellcat
I am looking to install a spring spacer in the front only. I have added the winch and light and I am sitting 1 1/4 lower in the front. I am thinking 1-1 1/2" Do all of the JL options fit the 392? So far I have looked at Teraflex, Rough Country and the metal Mammoth. Any brand preference? I would also appreciate any install tips. Will alignment and steering adjustments be required? Since I am putting it back to where it was I was thinking just a simple install but confused about bump stops and coil bind. I would also consider a spring replacement if one exists. Thanks.

I'd recommend Teraflex. You will likely need a bump stop in the front. Shouldn't have to do any alignment or steering adjustments. I did a complete Teraflex spacer kit front and rear. It's not hard to do but a fairly involved install.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Standard spacers should work. I felt the TF ones were good quality, but note that the 1.5" spacer kit for the JLU is 2" front and 1.5" rear spacers.
The only alignment adjustment on stock CAs and TBs is toe, which will not be impacted by the lift. The Mopar lift LCAs may be a good inexpensive option for a little better castor.
If your steering wheel is a little off center, you can just adjust with the drag link sleeve.

Edit, you'll only need extended bumps if you swap to bigger tires.

OP
OP

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
I'd recommend Teraflex. You will likely need a bump stop in the front. Shouldn't have to do any alignment or steering adjustments. I did a complete Teraflex spacer kit front and rear. It's not hard to do but a fairly involved install.
Thanks, I just called Teraflex. They told me if I need 1 1/2 I would mate a 1/2" and 1" together. Thought about the full kit but I am OK leaving the back as is and I think I would still be lower in the front.

OP
OP

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
Standard spacers should work. I felt the TF ones were good quality, but note that the 1.5" spacer kit for the JLU is 2" front and 1.5" rear spacers.
The only alignment adjustment on stock CAs and TBs is toe, which will not be impacted by the lift. The Mopar lift LCAs may be a good inexpensive option for a little better castor.
If your steering wheel is a little off center, you can just adjust with the drag link sleeve.

Edit, you'll only need extended bumps if you swap to bigger tires.
Thanks for the reply. I am putting on 35's. I will remeasure but if I did only the 2" in front it may be to much and if I did both it would still be lower in the front.

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I would just do the 1" tera spacer. Tera spacers have the nubs on them for alignment. Not all MFG's have those little nubs. I actually have the 1" spacers sitting in my garage for after the winch install for the exact same reason. No bump stop additions required for just 35's

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Wow, steel bumper up front or did you go with heavier aftermarket bumpers? That's a decent drop from just a winch/light. I guess I never checked since I did the lift and winch at the same time.

OP
OP

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
I would just do the 1" tera spacer. Tera spacers have the nubs on them for alignment. Not all MFG's have those little nubs. I actually have the 1" spacers sitting in my garage for after the winch install for the exact same reason. No bump stop additions required for just 35's
Thanks, talked to Teraflex earlier and ordered the 1" spacer so I can install this weekend. If I need another 1/2" I can add it. I need to get the spare on and the skid plate and measure again. I need to get to some level ground, the front is actually higher than the rear sitting on my sloped driveway.. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
OP
OP

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
Wow, steel bumper up front or did you go with heavier aftermarket bumpers? That's a decent drop from just a winch/light. I guess I never checked since I did the lift and winch at the same time.
It's the Mopar factory steel bumper. So far I removed the wings and the hooks. I added 2 BD LP4's, 2 LP6's the Warn winch (82#s) and Maximus 3 plate and bar. I should have measured before and after. Thanks.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I used the maximus 3 plate and gap fillers, warn Zeon 10 winch, fatty factor 55 fairlead and hook. And the Baja Designs shorty light bar. Measurements before and after showed a quarter inch drop. My shop rightly suggested not worth the trouble to add spacer. But I added the MC spacer anyway. They come in quarter inch increments, and so we added just one. This is with factory steel bumper also. I’m surprised you’ve dropped that much.
Sponsored