Sponsored

392 Specific Lift Kits

Which lift or spacer kit have you installed?

• Clayton Off Road

• MetalCloak Game Changer

• JKS (not currently available for 392)

• Teraflex Spacer Lift

• AEV Spacer Lift

• Staying OEM

• Other - Add a comment below

Results are only viewable after voting.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Didn’t want to jump right into trimming the rear pinch seam or splitting the fenders on a brand new Jeep and I’d like to get a high level of flex. 37s only have 1/2” less ground clearance but they’re lighter and narrower. Easier on bearings, steering stuff, etc. When I jump to 39s or 40s down the road I’ll also jump to one tons/hydro assist.
Makes sense. I didn't realize the 38's required modification.
Sponsored

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Are you running the front shock lower relocation brackets? Read through another guy’s build thread last night and he is not running those front shock brackets with his MC GC 3.5 and Falcon 3.3 SP2s.

Also are you running the Metalcloak Front Coil Corrector Pads? Any coil spring bow or lean to the Jeep while on flat ground?
Yes, you will need them because, according to Metalcloak, the shock will hit the frame at full droop. I don't see any coil spring bow or lean on level ground. I'm running Fox 2.5 DSC shocks for 4.5-6" lift. MetalCloak recommended these because they are closer to their Rocksport shock at full extension and compression.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Yes, you will need them because, according to Metalcloak, the shock will hit the frame at full droop. I don't see any coil spring bow or lean on level ground. I'm running Fox 2.5 DSC shocks for 4.5-6" lift. MetalCloak recommended these because they are closer to their Rocksport shock at full extension and compression.
Copy that. Think I’m gonna run the Falcon’s without the bracket and copy @ExpeditionBuilds setup. He’s got 2-4.5” Falcon 3.3 SP2s with no offset bracket and no issues. Guess the Falcon shocks have built in offset to help them clear the frame at full droop. He’s got an impressive amount of flex that I’d be more than happy with. Did you get your Fox’s tuned by Accutune or are they off the shelf units?

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Makes sense. I didn't realize the 38's required modification.
Unfortunately they do. If you don’t intend on flexing out or wheeling with 38s they might be alright without the pinch seam trim but I’m going to wheel the piss out of my 392XR so 37s will be fine for now. Easier on the axles too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ozon8r

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Are you running the front shock lower relocation brackets? Read through another guy’s build thread last night and he is not running those front shock brackets with his MC GC 3.5 and Falcon 3.3 SP2s.

Also are you running the Metalcloak Front Coil Corrector Pads? Any coil spring bow or lean to the Jeep while on flat ground?
I am running the front relo bracket for the shocks. Also using the coil pads on the front per instructions from MC and no bowing of the springs. Looking forward to seeing your build. I think you will really like the MC GC lift. Quality stuff.

Sponsored

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Copy that. Think I’m gonna run the Falcon’s without the bracket and copy @ExpeditionBuilds setup. He’s got 2-4.5” Falcon 3.3 SP2s with no offset bracket and no issues. Guess the Falcon shocks have built in offset to help them clear the frame at full droop. He’s got an impressive amount of flex that I’d be more than happy with. Did you get your Fox’s tuned by Accutune or are they off the shelf units?
That's interesting I'll have to take a closer look at the shock. I haven’t installed the offset bracket yet because MC sent me 2 passenger side brackets. Should get the correct one tomorrow. Bought the Fox shocks from Accutune and they tuned them to specific parameters....I think they also stock Falcons...

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
That's interesting I'll have to take a closer look at the shock. I haven’t installed the offset bracket yet because MC sent me 2 passenger side brackets. Should get the correct one tomorrow. Bought the Fox shocks from Accutune and they tuned them to specific parameters....I think they also stock Falcons...
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubi-recon.55336/page-11

Check out post #151/page 11 for flex pics, post #162/page 11 for shock details and post #187/page 13 for further clarification on shock mount details on his build thread. I read the whole thing last night and it helped push me over the edge on the Falcon setup. And nice! I was leaning 6 pack shocks from Metalcloak but I’d really prefer an adjustable shock ala Falcon or Fox and I’m a bit leery of 6 pack quality issues long term.

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubi-recon.55336/page-11

Check out post #151/page 11 for flex pics, post #162/page 11 for shock details and post #187/page 13 for further clarification on shock mount details on his build thread. I read the whole thing last night and it helped push me over the edge on the Falcon setup. And nice! I was leaning 6 pack shocks from Metalcloak but I’d really prefer an adjustable shock ala Falcon or Fox and I’m a bit leery of 6 pack quality issues long term.
Thanks for the link....I think the 6 pack MC shocks need servicing after awhile which could be a PITA...

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Well, just got off the phone with Accutune after talking with Metalcloak earlier. Ended up ordering some Fox 2.0 remote reservoir shocks. Went with the 4.5-6” lift shocks up front (18.45 compressed/30.45 extended) and the 3.5-4” lift shocks for the rear (18.35 compressed/30.45 extended). Metalcloak said to pick shocks that were ~18” compressed/30” extended and these fit the bill nicely. The 4.5-6” rear Fox 2.0s were a bit too long compressed/extended. Chose Accutune’s “Adventure” tune as this Jeep will see mostly fire roads and slow crawling as opposed to desert running. Same reason I didn’t opt for the Fox 2.5s…the adjustability would be nice but they would be overkill on an East coast rig.

After more reading I didn’t want to run into any issues limiting flex with the Falcon 3.3 SP2s and their shorter extended length. Going to pair these Fox’s with a Metalcloak 3.5 Gamechanger and Adams driveshafts F/R. Should ride and flex nicely 😎

OP
OP
ozon8r

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Well, just got off the phone with Accutune after talking with Metalcloak earlier. Ended up ordering some Fox 2.0 remote reservoir shocks. Went with the 4.5-6” lift shocks up front (18.45 compressed/30.45 extended) and the 3.5-4” lift shocks for the rear (18.35 compressed/30.45 extended). Metalcloak said to pick shocks that were ~18” compressed/30” extended and these fit the bill nicely. The 4.5-6” rear Fox 2.0s were a bit too long compressed/extended. Chose Accutune’s “Adventure” tune as this Jeep will see mostly fire roads and slow crawling as opposed to desert running. Same reason I didn’t opt for the Fox 2.5s…the adjustability would be nice but they would be overkill on an East coast rig.

After more reading I didn’t want to run into any issues limiting flex with the Falcon 3.3 SP2s and their shorter extended length. Going to pair these Fox’s with a Metalcloak 3.5 Gamechanger and Adams driveshafts F/R. Should ride and flex nicely 😎
BUT OH, THAT EXTRA INCH YOU LOOSE IN THE REAR OF EXTENSION, LOL!

Great choice and I hope this info will help the next person better choose.

Much thanks to everyone that came before us and graciously shared their experience and those that will follow in our wake.

Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
BUT OH, THAT EXTRA INCH YOU LOOSE IN THE REAR OF EXTENSION, LOL!

Great choice and I hope this info will help the next person better choose.

Much thanks to everyone that came before us and graciously shared their experience and those that will follow in our wake.
Lol I think I’ve made 3 different shock changes and a lift change in the last week 🤣 It pays to do the research ahead of time and listen to others that have done it before you. I think this setup will serve me quite well. Looking forward to the crazy flex the MC lifts give. Their coil and bushing design sold me.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Lol I think I’ve made 3 different shock changes and a lift change in the last week 🤣 It pays to do the research ahead of time and listen to others that have done it before you. I think this setup will serve me quite well. Looking forward to the crazy flex the MC lifts give. Their coil and bushing design sold me.
I'm glad you're doing it for me.

Can't wait to see this thing.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Metalcloak peeps…did any of you have to add rear correction pads when installing your lift? I know to get the $30 front MC correction pads when I order my lift. Just trying to get *everything* planned out so I can buy once, cry once and do it right the first time. Rock Krawler makes a set of rear correction pads for aftermarket coils but not sure if they’re necessary.

Finally figured out my steering setup, going to go with MC’s Tie Rod & Draglink with a Jeep JK Fox 2.0 TS stabilizer mounted to the tracbar bolt/tie rod. Using a Synergy button head track bar/stabilizer bolt to make sure I don’t have any clearance issues with the drag link. Will also be installing a Steersmarts Sector Shaft/Track bar brace. Only thing left I’ll have to replace is balljoints, will do that once I get around 10K miles on the stock set. Going with Dynatrac for those.

OP
OP
ozon8r

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Just weighed the Jeep at a truck stop with a Cat Scale; 6,180 lbs total, 3,200 lbs steer axle (front) and 2,980 lbs rear axle including 200 lbs dead weight (me). Conditions include a full tank, trail tools/recovery gear, and stuff listed below in the signature.

Last edited:

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Working on fine tuning the Metalcloak lift…having an issue with my driver’s coil. Has a noticeable bow in it towards the bump stop/frame at the top 1/3 of the spring. Moved my track bar 1/8” drivers side today to center the axle under the Jeep and the coil moved a little bit away from the frame but it’s still wonky. Not sure if I should just keep moving the track bar over or what. Any of you Metalcloak guys having this issue? Did you use the recommended lengths in Metalcloak’s kit? I’m using MC’s isolators and front coil correction pads.

Driver’s side coil:
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Specific Lift Kits A6331B78-D08E-4D08-869B-D717CFB78BE3

Driver’s coil frame rub:
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Specific Lift Kits 3F427319-3BA6-4A0C-BBB9-B21AEA7D2B4F

Passenger Coil:
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Specific Lift Kits 62474BC9-0441-415B-B6DE-3737D2C32C4D
Sponsored