Sponsored

392 Shocks and Springs on a Sahara - Anybody done it?

redwhiteandrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
I was picking up steel front and rear bumpers at a jeep shop today and I asked the mechanic what they do with the OEM suspensions from jeeps they work on. He said they scrap them all, and then handed me a set of 392 shocks, springs and sway bar links. I'd love to put them on my Sahara, but I want to see if anyone has done this already. I'd love some insight. This is my 4th wrangler, 2 had lifts but so far this one is stock. Thanks for the help!

tempImageY3n4vc.png
Sponsored

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I was picking up steel front and rear bumpers at a jeep shop today and I asked the mechanic what they do with the OEM suspensions from jeeps they work on. He said they scrap them all, and then handed me a set of 392 shocks, springs and sway bar links. I'd love to put them on my Sahara, but I want to see if anyone has done this already. I'd love some insight. This is my 4th wrangler, 2 had lifts but so far this one is stock. Thanks for the help!

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Shocks and Springs on a Sahara - Anybody done it? tempImageY3n4vc
wow, install them!!! will get close to 2.5" lift. Btw go back and get all the XR and 392 springs and shocks they have!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
IIRC, they are about an inch longer compressed than the Rubi shocks. Probably a good idea to put some bump extension in when you swap the springs.