392 Seat cover experiences?

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
So, I’d like to compile a list of seat covers that are compatible with the 392 higher bolsters, and real world feedback from those whom have them. I.e. shipping time, cost, install ease, quality, etc.

For personal interest, I’m in the market for covers to protect my leather seats from frequent work dust/debris/dog. I’ve even considered pulling the factory covers off and replacing with fabric covers. If anyone has done this, please chime in.

I’ll update this thread as people add experience with actual covers installed and consolidate the feedback into a searchable item for the forum. Obviously, a bit sparse at the moment, but I’d like real feedback from those that have tried covers or discussed availability with vendors.

The seat covers Ive been told work with the 392 are as follows in alphabetical order;

Bartact 392 Specific Seat Covers
Currently $369 6 week lead time for custom covers made to order
Sponsored

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
I’m looking at the Bartact and the Covercraft Carhartt ones. No decision yet - waiting for the Jeep to actually get here first. 😉

Sponsored

OP
OP
utjmac

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
Yep. Installed the Bartact last Wednesday. Excellent so far. Will update as needed.
How’s the fitment of them? Did you just order a stock color? I’m surprised they had them in stock, considering our 392 seats are slightly different.
Thanks for the insight!

John

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21RUB392, 97Vipr,14Porsc 911,06Ford GT,64Vette etc
How’s the fitment of them? Did you just order a stock color? I’m surprised they had them in stock, considering our 392 seats are slightly different.
Thanks for the insight!

John
Ordered black. The headrest covers are backordered and will be shipped separately. Fit is tight. Stock factory look. Seats are same as Mojave so they've have a head start on production. Excellent fabric and construction. Zippered backs will not get flappy like the Carhartts.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
A gentleman replied to a post of mine on 392 group on FB requesting feedback on seat covers. He (like me) does not like leather, and also finds the neoprene hot.

He recommended Seat Covers Unlimited, and said the normal (non 392) seat covers fit perfect. He said he had a local shop do the embroidery.

I will admit, I am temped to do the same, for $210 front seats. This is the photo he shared of his.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Seat cover experiences? 1634061847571

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
A gentleman replied to a post of mine on 392 group on FB requesting feedback on seat covers. He (like me) does not like leather, and also finds the neoprene hot.

He recommended Seat Covers Unlimited, and said the normal (non 392) seat covers fit perfect. He said he had a local shop do the embroidery.

I will admit, I am temped to do the same, for $210 front seats. This is the photo he shared of his.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Seat cover experiences? 1634061847571
I like the idea of some sort of canvas material in the center section vs neoprene or leather, but TBH, that looks awful.

Speed cloth is more of the material I'd want.
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Seat cover experiences? 1634063471646

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
I like the idea of some sort of canvas material in the center section vs neoprene or leather, but TBH, that looks awful.

Speed cloth is more of the material I'd want.
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Seat cover experiences? 1634063471646
Never heard of speedcloth - can you give some more details? And does anyone make seat coves out of them?

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never heard of speedcloth - can you give some more details? And does anyone make seat coves out of them?
It's a canvas material that's great for wear and holds you in place and you don't sweat from it. BMW uses it. I'm not aware of how to get it though.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It appears that both Global Upholstery Supply (http://www.globalupholstery.com/) and Classic Car Services (in the UK) carry it. A local upholster would be able to take the fabric and recover the seat. I would imagine it would be a bit more than say a Katzkin setup, probably a few $g.

Alternatively, the material that they used on the TJ seats for the center sections were pretty nice as well, and are far less expensive. I recovered my TJ seats using that material, and while not as nice as speed cloth by any means, did not sweat, and was very comfortable. It was $850 for the two seats by a local upholster. Downfall is I don't think that material would look as good in the modern Wrangler, thus the speed cloth suggestion.

Pic below is not mine.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Seat cover experiences? 1634073512596

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
To clarify Bartact in not neoprene.
Thanks for clarifying - what is it then? I might have dismissed it because I don't like that whole netting weave thing all over the back, but maybe they can make it for me without.

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21RUB392, 97Vipr,14Porsc 911,06Ford GT,64Vette etc
Haha, the netting weave is molle. Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment. Military stuff - quite useful really. The seating material is best described as cordura that is both waterproof (highly resistant) and fade proof (again until proven - resistant). Excellent build and fit. No affiliate here, just a satisfied customer.......so far.
Hope this helps.
Sponsored