Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
No, 33 inch tires
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Rubicon has Official MPG from EPA -- 13 city / 17 hwy / 14 combined 1612365050671
Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
My JT with the 6.4L HEMI on 35s and 2-inch lift gets 18-19MPG going flat at 50MPH, 14-15MPG on mildly hilly interstate driving at 75MPH and 13MPG in the city. That's in the dead of New England winter. Mileage is better than with the 3.6L when lifted and bigger tires are on

CNSD

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If you can afford the $75k+ price tag then who gives a rats a** about what the mpg is or cost per year in addition gas.

Anyways there will be plenty more hybrid and electric vehicles being pushed on us soon by the current US Admin to save the “environment” which in turn will leave a surplus of gas for big block Jeeps, Dodges and Fords to burn. And heck each big $$$$ big block does more then their part for the US economy then two or three small hybrids or electric vehicles. The big blocks provide far more in gas taxes, registration fees and sales taxes. Which all our local and state governments need to fund road and transportation improvements.

California learned this lesson to the tune of over $2 BILLION in LOST gas taxes and registration fees during the big push for small cheap fuel efficient hybrids five or so years ago. Now they add an additional fee to hybrid and electric car registrations to make up for the loss in gas taxes and also hugely increased the registration fees for everyone else. All thanks to small cheap hybrid and electric vehicles!!!!

So I say big blocks are the solution not the problem and will thank everyone that buys one for doing more then their part in providing for a solid tax base for everyone to benefit from.
Why does everything turn political on this forum? I’m out

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Why does everything turn political on this forum? I’m out
Don't let it get to you too much. I spend a lot of time on the Corvette C8 forums, Shelby GT500 forums, and now here, and it's common on all forums these days, even the ones that expressly discourage it. It's always been the worst during election years, but more so this year because of a lot people's anxiety & anger about coming changes. Honestly, in my op, this forum is actually the best of the 3.
Hope you stick around,
-Rob

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD (fueleconomy.gov)
Damn gas prices! 5 year ownership project fuel cost has gone up $1750 since they first posted the information. It's only 350 a year, 29.17 a month, but still. It's a good thing there are three bills I don't mind paying a month. The car note, insurance and GAS.

Sponsored

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
What was political about the comment? Seems you brought your bias/ political comment into the discussion.

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
Not that I expect good fuel economy or care that much, but the vehicles I’ve owned with the best fuel economy have been the biggest engines/most powerful as you don’t need to push them as hard. My Range Rover Sport has a 510 HP supercharged V8 and gets terrific highway mileage mid 20s and overall about 16-17 MPG. This is better than my Land Rover Discovery (380 HP supercharged V6) and my previous Grand Cherokee V8s (which were much better than my previous I6 Wranglers). Dynamics impact this somewhat, but my SUVs have all generally been the same size, shape, weight. You should see the terrible mileage I get from small engine “economy” rental cars!
Sponsored