Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I also get 14 city 18 highway in my completely stock 2021 3.6 JLUR and I drive like a geandma.
Yeah, I'm averaging 17 with the 3.6 in Rubicon form.
I know same here but if you go to the huge mileage thread a while back folks were no kidding claiming they were getting high 20’s even one guy like 32 mpg’s in their 3.6 JL’s full tank calculations. I tried calling BS as I routinely get 14. The best I could do when I was fully stock and the entire tank was a Highway drive was 18.

The 392 will get single digits, maybe a 10 and ZERO owners will care however they will claim more. The fun factor will be awesome. Only concern on the 9 mpg is you will be filling this thing up daily. That sucks. It really needs a bigger tank.
Sponsored

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
I support everyone's right to buy/drive what they want. I also think the hemi in the Wrangler is nuts. FCA should have been putting more $$ into R & D to improve the quality of their vehicles, especially the Wrangler instead of trying to shoe horn a hemi into every freaking product they sell. They seem like they sell a LOT of fast, cool, sexy, V8 powered Challengers, Chargers, GC's, RAM's, Durango's, etc. I hope they remain healthy financially when gas is no longer cheap and/or the next recession hits. If they are the first one in the bread line looking for bailout money because no one is buying any of their inefficient products I won't feel bad for them. Lastly, we are new to the Jeep family but went all in. I have the JLU & got the wife a new GC. After a couple months of ownership, I still love my JLU & she loves her new GC but both admit the quality is below what we have been used to for the last 40 years of owning (strictly American) vehicles. I'll put on my flame proof suit now :)

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
I support everyone's right to buy/drive what they want. I also think the hemi in the Wrangler is nuts. FCA should have been putting more $$ into R & D to improve the quality of their vehicles, especially the Wrangler instead of trying to shoe horn a hemi into every freaking product they sell. They seem like they sell a LOT of fast, cool, sexy, V8 powered Challengers, Chargers, GC's, RAM's, Durango's, etc. I hope they remain healthy financially when gas is no longer cheap and/or the next recession hits. If they are the first one in the bread line looking for bailout money because no one is buying any of their inefficient products I won't feel bad for them. Lastly, we are new to the Jeep family but went all in. I have the JLU & got the wife a new GC. After a couple months of ownership, I still love my JLU & she loves her new GC but both admit the quality is below what we have been used to for the last 40 years of owning (strictly American) vehicles. I'll put on my flame proof suit now :)
Since Fiat owns the preponderance of Chrysler, I think of my Jeep as an Italian automobile - strictly speaking. ;)

Sponsored

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
I love all the naysayer discrediting other Wrangler owners who say they get anything in the 20's. It is all situational. I am averaging between 19-20 currently. That number legit goes up to 28 when i travel from MA to MD. Maybe try can keep your foot out of it every once and a while. I bet you'd see better mileage.

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
You aren't wrong. QC is deff not on FCA's priority list haha

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I average around 13 to 15 MPG with the 3.6L on 37s, I can only imagine the average on the 6.4L with 37s or 40s. OMG..... Its going to be a monster for sure but I can only predict 7 to 9 MPG with the Hemi.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I love all the naysayer discrediting other Wrangler owners who say they get anything in the 20's. It is all situational. I am averaging between 19-20 currently. That number legit goes up to 28 when i travel from MA to MD. Maybe try can keep your foot out of it every once and a while. I bet you'd see better mileage.
Yep that would be me you can quote my post its ok you wont hurt my feelings.. I must have got a lemon. I can drive like a grandma. Highway only. No wind. Never let it rev past 3k and cruise at 65 MPH from Lexington to Nashville which is mostly flat 3 lanes so I don't even need to rev it to pass anyone. Full tank of gas so calculating my MPG based on actual amount put in divided by miles driven, not the EVIC. Best is 18 MPG. Doesn't change with fuel either. I have tried Kentucky gas and California gas both 87 and 92, barely changes. If you are getting 28 then they put a different engine in mine. Not even close to that. My normal driving mix of city and highway for the 17K miles driven is right about 14, 5 MPG less than your lowest.

Not discrediting at all. If you say you are getting that then so be it good for you. I just wish I was. I don't get anything even close. I was on that thread for a bit and there were plenty getting those numbers you claim. Like I said I must have got a completely different engine or something.

Bottom line truly if the new 392 is going to get the same MPG that I am currently getting in my 3.6 then that is awesome. I just don't think it will get much over 10 MPG combined.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I know same here but if you go to the huge mileage thread a while back folks were no kidding claiming they were getting high 20’s even one guy like 32 mpg’s in their 3.6 JL’s full tank calculations. I tried calling BS as I routinely get 14. The best I could do when I was fully stock and the entire tank was a Highway drive was 18.
Both the 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi conversions our group had in JKs a decade ago could never best 12mpg, no matter how gentle you were with them or if you were going downhill the entire time. I speculated the 392 wouldn't be any different in other threads and had tomatoes thrown at me.

The 392 will get single digits, maybe a 10 and ZERO owners will care however they will claim more. The fun factor will be awesome. Only concern on the 9 mpg is you will be filling this thing up daily. That sucks. It really needs a bigger tank.
This was the biggest downside to these conversions on the JKs. Fuel prices weren't a concern, they were a blast to drive and listen to, but it was tedious to have to hit every other gas station if you wanted to go wheeling outside of the county. There was also the obligatory check to make sure the t-case and transmission were still there.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
I can't wait to put on 37's and install this so I can get even less mileage per gallon! Can't wait for the day it arrives now that it's finally in production! Exiting! :time:

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Rubicon has Official MPG from EPA -- 13 city / 17 hwy / 14 combined F6424B54-CBFD-45B3-86D6-5DB05D20D9B9

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Rubicon has Official MPG from EPA -- 13 city / 17 hwy / 14 combined DB8754CB-F477-4648-8881-E44776BC0C54

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I average around 13 to 15 MPG with the 3.6L on 37s, I can only imagine the average on the 6.4L with 37s or 40s. OMG..... Its going to be a monster for sure but I can only predict 7 to 9 MPG with the Hemi.
Same mileage with 37s here. I actually wonder if the hemi may do better by not needing the same percentage of power. That is if you can avoid the fun part, but still.