First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392 Rub, 13 JLU, 97 TJ, 76 CJ7, 74 CJ5, 06 LJ,+
Occupation
VP Land Rover Denver
I'm looking forward to Lite-Brite buying one, ripping out the motor, and swapping in a V-12 and calling it Immortan Joe's War Rig.
That would be cool. I'll forward him the suggestion!!!
They ordered their Bronco so that will be fun to watch too!
Sponsored

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
I average 9.5 mpg on my premium fuel burning little 2013 JK 2dr RIPP SC 6 speed manual and i dont drive conservative. I doubt there’s going to be any better MPG driving my new 392.

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
13 city / 17 hwy / 14 combined
410A2929-473F-47D8-BEFE-B5B1D3D794EC.png
Is there going to be a gas guzzling tax? I thought there wasn’t going to be one. But now I’m hearing there might be one?

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
If you can afford the $75k+ price tag then who gives a rats a** about what the mpg is or cost per year in addition gas.

Anyways there will be plenty more hybrid and electric vehicles being pushed on us soon by the current US Admin to save the “environment” which in turn will leave a surplus of gas for big block Jeeps, Dodges and Fords to burn. And heck each big $$$$ big block does more then their part for the US economy then two or three small hybrids or electric vehicles. The big blocks provide far more in gas taxes, registration fees and sales taxes. Which all our local and state governments need to fund road and transportation improvements.

California learned this lesson to the tune of over $2 BILLION in LOST gas taxes and registration fees during the big push for small cheap fuel efficient hybrids five or so years ago. Now they add an additional fee to hybrid and electric car registrations to make up for the loss in gas taxes and also hugely increased the registration fees for everyone else. All thanks to small cheap hybrid and electric vehicles!!!!

So I say big blocks are the solution not the problem and will thank everyone that buys one for doing more then their part in providing for a solid tax base for everyone to benefit from.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JL Hemi Sold: JL, JK, TJ, XJ
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Security
If you can afford the $75k+ price tag then who gives a rats a** about what the mpg is or cost per year in addition gas.

Anyways there will be plenty more hybrid and electric vehicles been pushed on us soon by the current US Admin to save the “environment” which in turn will leave a surplus of gas for big block Jeeps, Dodges and Fords to burn. And heck each big $$$$ big block does more then their part for the US economy then two or three small hybrids or electric vehicles. The big blocks provide far more in gas taxes, registration fees and sales taxes. Which all our local and state governments need to fund road and transportation improvements.

California learned this lesson to the tune of over $2 BILLION in LOST gas taxes and registration fees during the big push for small cheap fuel efficient hybrids five or so years ago. Now they add an additional fee to hybrid and electric car registrations to make up for the loss in gas taxes and also hugely increased the registration fees for everyone else. All thanks to small cheap hybrid and electric vehicles!!!!

So I say big blocks are the solution not the problem and will thank everyone that buys one for doing more then their part in providing for a solid tax base for everyone to benefit from.
You sound like a dangerous climate blasphemer.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Better then what I have been getting with my 2008 JLU with van engine and 35’s for the last 10+ years. Love it, don’t care, is what-it-is, happy and privileged to be able to own one, future 392’s will probably be banned within 5 years, god bless America.....

:flag::jk::flag::time::champagne:

392 firecrker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR
These numbers make sense and what would be expected. They are about 1 mpg lower than the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango SRTs.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’m sure it’ll get better than that.

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
In reality it will be 9 or so or course for those 3.6 people that claim they get 30 with their 3.6 those folks will get like 23 in their 392's. I wish this was legit as that is what I get with my 3.6 2018 JLUR and I don't drive aggressive.
Actually that "EPA" sheet is what I see with a 3.6 auto so yeah I call BS.