Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
While I'm still stuck in no-vin purgatory, I have a quick question about Jeep Chat. I have seen several people mention that you can reach out to them for status updates, and that if you give them your VON # then can tell you if you've been issued a VIN yet, and what your current status is. (BX, BG, etc.) And when I reached out to them for the first time yesterday, I specifically asked first, could they do so if I just give them my VON, and she responded with "Sure, I'd be happy to help you with that!" So I gave her my VON, and waited..... and after several minutes, she responded with "You will have to contact your dealer for an update. Would you like their contact information?"

Now, I know that I've seen at least one other member with a 392 order that was told the same thing, but since other member's status and vin questions about their 392 orders were in fact answered by Jeep Chat, does this mean there may be something fishy going on with my dealer? Or does it simply mean that it just depends who you get when you reach out to Jeep Chat?

EDIT: I should add for context that I did ask her directly if something was wrong with my order after she said that, to which she simply responded, "No, nothings wrong", but with no further explanation.

So, should I be concerned, or is this totally common? (I've ordered cars before, but never from FCA or Jeep, so I have zero familiarity with what is typical and what is not.)

Thanks for any guidance,
-Rob
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Don’t be concerned.

The chat operators can be worlds apart in knowledge and customer service.

Try again maybe. Ask different questions.

OP
OP
Rob97RR

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Don’t be concerned.

The chat operators can be worlds apart in knowledge and customer service.

Try again maybe. Ask different questions.
Ok, that's what I was hoping for. Will give it some time then try again, Thanks

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Ok, that's what I was hoping for. Will give it some time then try again, Thanks
While I'm still stuck in no-vin purgatory, I have a quick question about Jeep Chat. I have seen several people mention that you can reach out to them for status updates, and that if you give them your VON # then can tell you if you've been issued a VIN yet, and what your current status is. (BX, BG, etc.) And when I reached out to them for the first time yesterday, I specifically asked first, could they do so if I just give them my VON, and she responded with "Sure, I'd be happy to help you with that!" So I gave her my VON, and waited..... and after several minutes, she responded with "You will have to contact your dealer for an update. Would you like their contact information?"

Now, I know that I've seen at least one other member with a 392 order that was told the same thing, but since other member's status and vin questions about their 392 orders were in fact answered by Jeep Chat, does this mean there may be something fishy going on with my dealer? Or does it simply mean that it just depends who you get when you reach out to Jeep Chat?

EDIT: I should add for context that I did ask her directly if something was wrong with my order after she said that, to which she simply responded, "No, nothings wrong", but with no further explanation.

So, should I be concerned, or is this totally common? (I've ordered cars before, but never from FCA or Jeep, so I have zero familiarity with what is typical and what is not.)

Thanks for any guidance,
-Rob
Typical car manufacturers; build excitement, hint when the "dream version" will be available and then delay everything for 1-2 months. They all do it. How about Bronco...6 months delay from original anticipated delivery date.

I've ordered 4 cars in my life (all else on lot) and never have received any of them!!!! First one was a 2003 Rubicon with the paint color of gold. 12 weeks after ordering it was finally revealed that the color had been discontinued and the order was sitting in ????? Second one after taking the order the options I ordered weren't available. We just canceled that one. Forget the 3rd one ..... the dealer forgot to ever order it although I got updates on it weekly!

The last was my 2018 JLUR. I had one of the first orders in and guess what....it was manufactured 2 months later and sat in either or I or J status for 8 weeks. The jeep was made but one of the body bolts were stripped and sat in the repair yard. At that time there was a float over 2400 new Jeeps in this area and lots of luck getting it to move. No, it wasn't first in first out!
I ended up canceling it, bought a beautiful JLUR from another dealer and a week after I took delivery my original showed up even though it was still in J status!!!

News flash....the dealer doesn't know anymore than you can find out through members in this forum. There is no magic phone number, person or "chant" that will work for you. The entire process is controlled by luck!

Good luck, hope everything works out great for you!

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
I was tracking until the last part...at least the dealer can give you a status code. Can’t get that anywhere else.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Typical car manufacturers; build excitement, hint when the "dream version" will be available and then delay everything for 1-2 months. They all do it. How about Bronco...6 months delay from original anticipated delivery date.

I've ordered 4 cars in my life (all else on lot) and never have received any of them!!!! First one was a 2003 Rubicon with the paint color of gold. 12 weeks after ordering it was finally revealed that the color had been discontinued and the order was sitting in ????? Second one after taking the order the options I ordered weren't available. We just canceled that one. Forget the 3rd one ..... the dealer forgot to ever order it although I got updates on it weekly!

The last was my 2018 JLUR. I had one of the first orders in and guess what....it was manufactured 2 months later and sat in either or I or J status for 8 weeks. The jeep was made but one of the body bolts were stripped and sat in the repair yard. At that time there was a float over 2400 new Jeeps in this area and lots of luck getting it to move. No, it wasn't first in first out!
I ended up canceling it, bought a beautiful JLUR from another dealer and a week after I took delivery my original showed up even though it was still in J status!!!

News flash....the dealer doesn't know anymore than you can find out through members in this forum. There is no magic phone number, person or "chant" that will work for you. The entire process is controlled by luck!

Good luck, hope everything works out great for you!
Yeah that's entirely dependent on the dealer. The guy I bought from orders thousands/year and was very helpful in keeping me updated on my build.
Sponsored