392 problem

Rubi392

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari 458, panamera 4s Maserati grab tourismo
Seems my 392 is having a problem. After making a sharp turn usually a u-turn I get a sway bar warning light once I shut down the jeep and restart no power steering. Seems like each time this happens the fuse that is tied to the power steering is blown. Once replaced all back to normal... something is not right.
Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
fuse don't burn themselves for no reason...
keep us posted..

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Seems my 392 is having a problem. After making a sharp turn usually a u-turn I get a sway bar warning light once I shut down the jeep and restart no power steering. Seems like each time this happens the fuse that is tied to the power steering is blown. Once replaced all back to normal... something is not right.
I want so badly to empathize with you, but right now jealousy is kicking empathy’s ass...😞..... I’m not proud of it...... I’ll try again later.....................🙂

Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I wonder if the heavier front end is taking more force to turn and is causing the electric power steering to pull more amps and blowing the fuse?

OP
OP

Rubi392

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari 458, panamera 4s Maserati grab tourismo
I wonder if the heavier front end is taking more force to turn and is causing the electric power steering to pull more amps and blowing the fuse?
first the sway bar light goes on the power steering g goes out after you shut down the car and then restart it. So I think the problem starts with the sway bar electronics

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Stop making U turns ? Sounds like a trip to dealer is in order.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've read on this fourm where others (non-392 Jeep Rubicons) had similar electronic issues and the problem seemed to be from the wiring harness near the driver side of the front bumper. This harness contained the wiring for the electronic sway bar disco and other things. It was getting worn through from the contact between the lower grille area and frame rail. That's where I'd check first.

Good luck.
Sponsored