mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
meanwhile you can sit back with your 392 and stock 33's and enjoy your jeeps
I honestly don't see the point to that. The 3.6 in my Rubi was "peppy" when I was on 33s. If they only way to "enjoy" the 392 was on 33s, I would wager most wouldn't.

I still need to run numbers on the differential on trading my 2021 in. If it get's too high, I will get what I wanted before the Rubi and grab a C8.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jmill012

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
i'm jealous. but i'm saying this for your own benefit, not to make fun.

keep your wheels stock size, don't do burnouts.
watch all the others who throw 37's & 40's on, dont bother to regear, do burnouts and pop/twist axle shafts with all the extra torque.
then they will come running here complaining about FCA quality lol. then the "i'm trading it for a bronco"

meanwhile you can sit back with your 392 and stock 33's and enjoy your jeeps

1616309320274.png
A hemi in a wrangler isn’t a new thing and most who did the swaps ran larger tires. My plan is to stay stock but go with 35s to fill the extra 1 inch of lift over the stock rubicon. Going to 35s wouldn’t make a difference at all. 40s sure...

Kuczy

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 JKUR. ‘17 JKUR Recon
Been running 35’s on my ‘13 JKUR with 4.10s with no issue on or off road. If this can’t handle 35’ or 37’s I’ll be shocked. I also don’t plan to smoke the tires every chance I get.

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
A hemi in a wrangler isn’t a new thing and most who did the swaps ran larger tires. My plan is to stay stock but go with 35s to fill the extra 1 inch of lift over the stock rubicon. Going to 35s wouldn’t make a difference at all. 40s sure...
Yeah but the dudes sticking hemis in wranglers are always on tons

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Yeah but the dudes sticking hemis in wranglers are always on tons
2 things to keep in mind:
1). 392 is getting a lot of "Torque management" programming between the Auto Trans and the full time Transfer case to help ease shock loading on the driveline. Most of those Hemi Swapped Wranglers don't have either of those things, and so the engine (which is easily capable of 600hp/ 600 lb/ft torque, if you believe some of the numbers coming from the Scat Pack cars with a proper tune) is sending that power straight to the transmission, transfercase, driveshafts, and axles and if you aren't careful- BOOM.

2). Most doing the Hemi swap go to tons Because it's an insurance policy. I've considered this in running some numbers and bench building my JLUR. I know how I use my Jeep. I know I'm going to be wheeling. and in my mind, if I'm going to go through the cost of doing a V8 conversion- 40's and Tons are probably going to go with it. Otherwise, going through all the trouble of HEmi-swapping a Jeep just to run 35/37's on D44's is kind of foolish and a roll of the dice, considering the difference in power you're likely going to put through that driveline. This is exactly why I was considering buying a 392. That said: numbers didn't make sense to me, but Truth is, I bought my '19 right before they started announcing production of all the sexy engines (Diesel, 392, 4xe). If I was able to wait, or do some things a little differently- there's a chance I'd be ordering one. I'm still paying close attention and will reevaluate annually.

Congrats OP. These Jeeps are sure to be a ton of fun and great off road. Can't wait to see them in the wild. Everytime I think I've made my peace with not having one, I see a video of one and then it starts all over again.. "Maybe if i trade my Jeep, save some cash, and invest in GME.."

Last edited:

Moojo2396

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited Sahara
Ordered today...

Options:
Black Paint
Power top
Mud terrains
Tow package
Forward facing camera
Hinge gate reinforcement
All weather floor mats

MSRP $79,220
Envious! We it not for fixed income medical retirement thrust upon me, I would hsvd my order in as well! enjoy that fine machihe!
Sponsored