Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
? on the last sentence
Ignore the oil life monitor.
Change the oil on your schedule.

You know what your doing with your rig. And how long you want it to last.
Sponsored

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
I’ve done two oil changes so far myself. First was at 3400 miles ish 3 months new. The second was right 6 months after the previous change at 8k miles.
Pretty dark oil each time and I’ll follow the 6 months schedule unless I’ll drive over 6k miles within 6 months. Whichever comes first, as required by the maintenance schedule.

Viking Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR. 2021 392 Wrangler.
The oil change indicator does NOT indicate how much oil has been consumed OR measure the quality of the oil in any manner. The computer keeps track of driving conditions and reduces the oil life as miles/revolutions increase since it was reset. Once it is reset it starts the countdown all over again regardless of if the oil was actually changed or not. You have used an estimated 11% of oil life in 700 miles, that equates to 6363 miles which is more miles that I let accumulate in any vehicle even with synthetic oil.

OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
The oil change indicator does NOT indicate how much oil has been consumed OR measure the quality of the oil in any manner. The computer keeps track of driving conditions and reduces the oil life as miles/revolutions increase since it was reset. Once it is reset it starts the countdown all over again regardless of if the oil was actually changed or not. You have used an estimated 11% of oil life in 700 miles, that equates to 6363 miles which is more miles that I let accumulate in any vehicle even with synthetic oil.
Thanks for the heads up I have been changing around 4K so 1k less than what I am use to.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
For synthetic oil on other vehicles (some with bigger engines), my standard is 7,000 miles.
Looks like Ill be doing mine around 4k. better to be safe than sorry with these big engines.

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
Is the consuming description mentioned in the owner's manual? Do you know what page it was on so I can look. So far with the mileage I drive a day it's been right at or slightly past 6 months.
Don’t know….I was responding to a mention of consuming in this thread.
Sponsored