NOIDEAWIAM

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
I was going to take it to another dealership. However, they had all the record and I was speaking with the same person. A different service manager called the other day. Apparently the "manager" I spoke with last week was a newer assistant service manager. Anyway, when he called, he stated they had the part and to drop it off in the morning (today) and they would get it fixed. He remembered speaking with me before a few times about this issue. When it gets completed, I will let them know that I will not be doing business there anymore. Just a strait disappointment and honestly the way they handled it was ridiculous. Going from "we cant do anything but we can look at it again in November...." to "get it in tomorrow morning" is just ridiculous. I will fill in more details later when I hear back from them....
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I was going to take it to another dealership. However, they had all the record and I was speaking with the same person. A different service manager called the other day. Apparently the "manager" I spoke with last week was a newer assistant service manager. Anyway, when he called, he stated they had the part and to drop it off in the morning (today) and they would get it fixed. He remembered speaking with me before a few times about this issue. When it gets completed, I will let them know that I will not be doing business there anymore. Just a strait disappointment and honestly the way they handled it was ridiculous. Going from "we cant do anything but we can look at it again in November...." to "get it in tomorrow morning" is just ridiculous. I will fill in more details later when I hear back from them....
Yeah, that's crap.

Mine did get fixed. Part took about 3 weeks to get in, and then it was done in about an hour. Also, my battery lasted 4 months lol -- it died on them sitting at their service lot so they replaced it.

OP
OP
NOIDEAWIAM

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, that's crap.

Mine did get fixed. Part took about 3 weeks to get in, and then it was done in about an hour. Also, my battery lasted 4 months lol -- it died on them sitting at their service lot so they replaced it.
Damn! That would be so frustrating. They had the filter housing in quick. I hope the battery lasts. My wife's charger is a year old and the battery barely turns it over if she doesn't drive it for a few days. It just seems they slap a battery in that has just barely enough CCA to turn it over.

I hope they get it done today. They gave me a loaner, a 22 Gladiator rubi with the 3.6 Etorque.....according to the dash it was getting 13 MPG on my way to work. My 392 gets about 17.5.....its interesting.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Damn! That would be so frustrating. They had the filter housing in quick. I hope the battery lasts. My wife's charger is a year old and the battery barely turns it over if she doesn't drive it for a few days. It just seems they slap a battery in that has just barely enough CCA to turn it over.

I hope they get it done today. They gave me a loaner, a 22 Gladiator rubi with the 3.6 Etorque.....according to the dash it was getting 13 MPG on my way to work. My 392 gets about 17.5.....its interesting.
At least you got a loaner! So that’s good. Gladiator doesn’t get as good fuel economy but it’s not a big difference. My 392 gets 9-11 city depending on how hard I’m beating on it — I’m running 37’s on the XR.

I wouldn’t trust the dash tho— but if you did maybe not until a couple tanks. My gladiator battery is 2 years old and still solid. So I dunno.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It's the filter housing though. I know this for a fact. When I changed the oil, it had been leaking all over the frame, upper control arm and steering components. I drained the oil, removed the stock filter and cleaned the piss out of all of it. After I installed the new filter and finished the oil change, I cleaned everything again just to ensure a clean surface. 4 days later, oil is dripping from the housing again. They're going to replace it, it just depends on the timeline for the part I suppose.
Yup...the new filter ruled out cross threading of the other filter. The good thing is that you were able to figure out the problem quite quickly. Let's hope they get it repaired fast.

Sponsored

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
Could be you left the seal behind when chancing the filter. Honestly I’d proper do an aftermarket filter. I did an amsoil oil change at 500 miles

OP
OP
NOIDEAWIAM

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The service manager text me the day after dropping it off and stated "it wasn't the oil filter housing.....it was the oil filter adapter...." What an ass! I then had a long conversation about how they are the same thing and how these parts may have different names, but they are the same part. Even their parts department stated that in their parts system it is an oil filter housing.....uhg, it was a ridiculous process....I am hoping it is all done and wont have to revisit this issue. Needless to say, I will not be going back there for services at all.
Sponsored