NOIDEAWIAM

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
What was outcome? Mine is leaking now lol.
They haven't looked at it yet. My appointment is for the evening of the 9th but I doubt I'll hear anything until the next week.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
They haven't looked at it yet. My appointment is for the evening of the 9th but I doubt I'll hear anything until the next week.
bummer, gotcha.

OP
OP
NOIDEAWIAM

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bummer, gotcha.
It's the filter housing though. I know this for a fact. When I changed the oil, it had been leaking all over the frame, upper control arm and steering components. I drained the oil, removed the stock filter and cleaned the piss out of all of it. After I installed the new filter and finished the oil change, I cleaned everything again just to ensure a clean surface. 4 days later, oil is dripping from the housing again. They're going to replace it, it just depends on the timeline for the part I suppose.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's the filter housing though. I know this for a fact. When I changed the oil, it had been leaking all over the frame, upper control arm and steering components. I drained the oil, removed the stock filter and cleaned the piss out of all of it. After I installed the new filter and finished the oil change, I cleaned everything again just to ensure a clean surface. 4 days later, oil is dripping from the housing again. They're going to replace it, it just depends on the timeline for the part I suppose.
Makes sense -- I haven't had time to really get under there yet (just a quick glance) but I *think* it's leaking from the same location. The filter was tight. It didn't start doing it though until they changed the oil a couple of weeks ago. My garage floor epoxy is a brown though, so I didn't really notice it until it was parked outside for the afternoon this past weekend. I had saw some drips prior but thought they just overfilled it, cleaned it up and called it a day.

OP
OP
NOIDEAWIAM

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Makes sense -- I haven't had time to really get under there yet (just a quick glance) but I *think* it's leaking from the same location. The filter was tight. It didn't start doing it though until they changed the oil a couple of weeks ago. My garage floor epoxy is a brown though, so I didn't really notice it until it was parked outside for the afternoon this past weekend. I had saw some drips prior but thought they just overfilled it, cleaned it up and called it a day.
At first I thought it was a loose filter. After the oil change and cleaning everything, and still seeing oil, I know its the housing.

Mine doesn't visibly drop on the ground but a few drops after a long drive. It gets all over under the Jeep while driving mostly. I don't park on cement much though so I wouldn't always see it.

Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
hand tight is not enough on this vehicle. you need to use a wrength and over tight that oil filter a bit to not leaking. I did 4 oil changes on this vehicle and ask how I know.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hand tight is not enough on this vehicle. you need to use a wrength and over tight that oil filter a bit to not leaking. I did 4 oil changes on this vehicle and ask how I know.
The housing was wet so... we'll see what the dealer says. Either way, figure they'll take care of it. At least I know the people who are working on it.

OP
OP
NOIDEAWIAM

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just confirmed my appointment with the dealer. The filter housing is on back order with no ETA......in the meantime I was told to contact Chrysler Cares to see about the Oil loss and other components that may be affected by the leaking oil.....this is extremely annoying.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just confirmed my appointment with the dealer. The filter housing is on back order with no ETA......in the meantime I was told to contact Chrysler Cares to see about the Oil loss and other components that may be affected by the leaking oil.....this is extremely annoying.
My new filter housing was supposed to be here Wednesday, but they said Friday now. I just texted my SA asking if it's back ordered, or if they actually did ship something. If I can get another one, I'll gladly send it your way.

But yeah, same issue -- filter housing failed. Mine didn't lose enough oil to cause any issue though. Not sure what else could be damaged... shouldn't hurt anything if a little oil leaked below the housing.

OP
OP
NOIDEAWIAM

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My new filter housing was supposed to be here Wednesday, but they said Friday now. I just texted my SA asking if it's back ordered, or if they actually did ship something. If I can get another one, I'll gladly send it your way.

But yeah, same issue -- filter housing failed. Mine didn't lose enough oil to cause any issue though. Not sure what else could be damaged... shouldn't hurt anything if a little oil leaked below the housing.
I know it hasn't immediately hurt anything. I am just curious about the oil that has been dripping under the filter onto the tie rod, steering stabilizer and control arms will attract dirt causing premature failure down the road. Simply curious. All those components will be replaced well before they wear out.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know it hasn't immediately hurt anything. I am just curious about the oil that has been dripping under the filter onto the tie rod, steering stabilizer and control arms will attract dirt causing premature failure down the road. Simply curious. All those components will be replaced well before they wear out.
Got it. Wasn't sure what you meant at first. Hopefully the part comes in soon.

OP
OP
NOIDEAWIAM

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it. Wasn't sure what you meant at first. Hopefully the part comes in soon.
no worries. I am curious how long they will have the Jeep just for their process of "diagnosis" as the SA says....

OP
OP
NOIDEAWIAM

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I took it into the dealership specifically for them to look at the oil filter housing. The tech told me it was the oil filter being loose. I called bullshit and asked about what they would do when it starts leaking again. No response. Now it's leaking more than before. I called the dealership back and they said it would have to go in for another diagnosis. It's infuriating! I called back...again and spoke with the service manager who said he can't do anything......CANT DO ANYTHING.....I was taught years ago never to say can't in customer service.....I called back again to see about getting in right away since it was just in there for this diagnosis. He laughed.....

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I took it into the dealership specifically for them to look at the oil filter housing. The tech told me it was the oil filter being loose. I called bullshit and asked about what they would do when it starts leaking again. No response. Now it's leaking more than before. I called the dealership back and they said it would have to go in for another diagnosis. It's infuriating! I called back...again and spoke with the service manager who said he can't do anything......CANT DO ANYTHING.....I was taught years ago never to say can't in customer service.....I called back again to see about getting in right away since it was just in there for this diagnosis. He laughed.....
Take it to a different dealership assuming the oil filter housing is wet.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Within the first month of ownership, I experienced an oil leak with oil everywhere on the undercarriage of the engine bay. What a mess. Discovered that the fuel filter was loose. Hand tightened and have not had a problem since then, over 11 months ago. Good luck with your issue.
You have a fuel filter? It leaks oil??
I had to do a double take on the post. Ok, I know what you were trying to say. No harm, no foul.
Sponsored