392 Mopar lift “unique suspension geometry”

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Many have issue with the Mopar lift’s lack of adjustable track bars causing off center axles and off canter spring compression. Do you think the “unique suspension geometry” mentioned in the press release means these issues are addressed/corrected with slightly longer track bars?
Jeep does state the 392 has been tested rigorously so I hope any long term issues with the geometry and suspension durability have been ironed out.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Mopar lift “unique suspension geometry” CAD3B373-8834-417D-A53F-3F70268E45FE
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Mopar LCA is the unique geometry they are referring to. They use this same language on the Mopar lifts in some marketing materials.

The frame rails are from the Mohave and the thicker C sections in some areas.

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
I wonder what parts people will immediately remove so we can snatch them up!!!

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Do they make a 2 door so I can pop wheelies?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BCMgunner

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Taking measurements of my sway bar end links and front LCA, they are the same dimensions as the stock Rubicon. These are not the Mopar 2” lift parts.

I ordered the Mopar 2” lift front LCA, and front/rear sway bar end links. Will report back after install.

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
Taking measurements of my sway bar end links and front LCA, they are the same dimensions as the stock Rubicon. These are not the Mopar 2” lift parts.

I ordered the Mopar 2” lift front LCA, and front/rear sway bar end links. Will report back after install.
Eli, out of curiosity, why are you doing that?

OP
OP
BCMgunner

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Eli, out of curiosity, why are you doing that?
I installed 1.5” spacers on my 392 and shock extensions. My best guess is with the 1” from factory plus my 1.5” spacer lift, im near the 2-2.5” lift most gain from the Mopar lift kit.

Aside from shocks and springs, the Mopar kit is only front/rear sway bar end links and front LCAs, so that’s what I purchased.

The current on-road feel with 1.5” spacers isn’t so bad, main reason I’m doing this is to gain better articulation Offroad with less bind.

Last edited:

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
I installed 1.5” spacers on my 392 and shock extensions. My best guess is with the 1” from factory plus my 1.5” spacer lift, im near the 2-2.5” lift most gain from the Mopar lift kit.

Aside from shocks and springs, the Mopar kit is only front/rear sway bar end links and front LCAs, so that’s what I purchased.

The current on-road feel with 1.5” spacers isn’t so bad, main reason I’m doing this is to gain better articulation Offroad with less bind.
That makes sense. I had forgotten that you installed spacers. Basically, you are wanting to get back to a factory geometry in some sense. I installed 35s rather than 37s so didn't need the spacer lift. I love the factory feel of this 392 suspension.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BCMgunner

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
That makes sense. I had forgotten that you installed spacers. Basically, you are wanting to get back to a factory geometry in some sense. I installed 35s rather than 37s so didn't need the spacer lift. I love the factory feel of this 392 suspension.
Exactly. Looking back, for all I’m having to do for 37s, I may have just gone with 35s. Those look great as well and would do all the trails I want to do at Moab. Having said that, I’m not doing anymore than anyone else has to do to articulate on 37s suspension wise and definitely gearing wise. The 392 just gives you the option to articulate on 35s for free.

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
Exactly. Looking back, for all I’m having to do for 37s, I may have just gone with 35s. Those look great as well and would do all the trails I want to do at Moab. Having said that, I’m not doing anymore than anyone else has to do to articulate on 37s suspension wise and definitely gearing wise. The 392 just gives you the option to articulate on 35s for free.
Instead of the new control arms just get front control arm correction brackets does the same thing temporary fix until the aftermarket brings out a quality lift. Installing this next week. Will also help with the front drive shaft angle. Don’t get discouraged you will be much happier with the xtra lift you get with the 37’s you won’t be scraping, 35’s you will be scraping for sure!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Surprised no one has complained about wandering at highway speeds since the LCAs are same length as every other JLU. I read many folks add to non 392 Rubis all the time to get better caster.

OP
OP
BCMgunner

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Instead of the new control arms just get front control arm correction brackets does the same thing temporary fix until the aftermarket brings out a quality lift. Installing this next week. Will also help with the front drive shaft angle. Don’t get discouraged you will be much happier with the xtra lift you get with the 37’s you won’t be scraping, 35’s you will be scraping for sure!
Thanks for the reassurance Willy. My end links come in Friday, so will install shock extensions then as it will be easier to replace the rear end links when the rear shock is out of the way.

I found the Mopar 2” lift kit LCAs for $30 each on Moparonlineparts.com part# 68322798AA Couldn’t find relocation brackets for less.

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
Surprised no one has complained about wandering at highway speeds since the LCAs are same length as every other JLU. I read many folks add to non 392 Rubis all the time to get better caster.
agree with this. I found my stock JLUR to wander like crazy above 50mph. it's amazing how much better it tracks after adding a 2" lift with adjustable control arms, track bar, etc. I can let off the wheel at 70mph with 37's. never could have done that for more than a second when it was stock. I'm frankly very surprised that Jeep got the suspension geometry so wrong from the factory.
Sponsored