MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
I had someone associated with Jeep say something to me that made me believe that the Hemi Wrangler will be rolled out this spring (2021). Can’t give up my source as I don’t want to get them in trouble for saying something they weren’t supposed to, but I’m trying to hold off buying more mods for my 2019 JLUR just in case. If it comes out with 37” tires, there is no way I’m not getting it!

Scott
I think they have to refresh the JL in 2022 and give it factory 37 Chunky Muds or Chunky Terrains on Rubicons. Sahara's and Sport's can get 33 or 35 Light All Terrain or All Seasons. Yeah, I agree. 392 with 37s, instantly in my garage. I hope they just do Rubicon red accents not the gold, I hate the gold.
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Any info on those black wheels? are they in the Mopar catalogue?
They look like they're a tweak to the Mopar beadlock wheels. Doubt they're available at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if they show up at a later time, despite whether or not the 392 happens.

Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Here is a screenshot from Mopar's Instagram Stories showing a hinted at 392 Wrangler in the coming soon Hydro Blue color! Maybe next year, we'll see a 392 production Wrangler!

Screenshot_20201109-173136_Instagram.jpg
I hope it comes out next year, it will give me another year to win the lottery so I don't have to sell my current ride. It's like being on the street, always had a backup

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
As long as they offer a 2-door, count me IN! However, I won't be holding my breath on this one...

The good folks at FCA sometimes have their head up their rear end...The new RAM TRX is a perfect example: They want you to buy a 'Halo Truck' and you can have any solid color you want as long as it is black...I recently sat down with the sales manager at the local dealer where I have bought several new vehicles over the last few years to order a new RAM TRX-all was good until he received a callback from the factory rep confirming the only solid color option was black...I guess I will not be trading my Delmonico Red Longhorn anytime soon-I really do love my truck but the thought of a factory built Hellcat powered RAM had me ready to sign papers :)

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
37s and a Hemi...not a chance with the Rubi axles offered today.
the "concept" had Rubi 44's and Full time 4wd to help disperse the power/ torque, from what I understand.

If they give it 37's and a D60 in addition to a V8.... this might be the tipping point for me. Depending on configurations, this thing would be all I would need. I would miss driving stick though. I guess we'll see.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Dana 60 HD probably.
the "concept" had Rubi 44's and Full time 4wd to help disperse the power/ torque, from what I understand.

If they give it 37's and a D60 in addition to a V8.... this might be the tipping point for me. Depending on configurations, this thing would be all I would need. I would miss driving stick though. I guess we'll see.
If they did D60s, even at a $30K premium it's a STEAL and I would trade my 2021 JLUR in.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
full-time four-wheel-drive Dana 44’s , same concept Toyota used when they put a V-8 in the 4runner. Same axles just added full-time four-wheel-drive. They did the same thing with a manual transmission in the FJ cruiser only available with full-time.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
So 30K on top of 50-60K.............ok. I'm sure there are folks that think 90k for a Jeep is ok, but not me.
Look how many Rubis just on this forum have D60s. That's $20K starting to walk through that door. Hemi conversion kit is like $12k without the motor. Just saying a $30K premium would be a steal.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.