Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
There was a thread from someone who attended an FCA press event, and from talking to FCA staff he got the impression that FCA wasn't serious about bringing the 392 JL to market.
The OP on that thread also would not elaborate any further than "Based on some of the things they said, it seemed like this won't happen".
the Rubitron guy said in another post he talked to FCA contacts he's worked with before and they told him March of 2021.

So at this point we still have zero info on way or another. It's a net zero. Other than the opinions and wishes everyone has... We'll see I guess.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Brother anytime you want to wheel I would be more than happy to meet you somewhere. I don't trailer my Jeep I just drive there and wheel, to me it's all part of the experience.
I'll have to drive to meet but eh, it's fine! I got a Jeep for a reason!

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Here is a screenshot from Mopar's Instagram Stories showing a hinted at 392 Wrangler in the coming soon Hydro Blue color! Maybe next year, we'll see a 392 production Wrangler!
Screenshot_20201109-173136_Instagram.jpg
It “WAS” a 392 crate motor, is an explicit statement and the screenshot infers it will be in a JL.
Words mean something. That’s my read and unless a whitehouse handler explains it differently, haha.
I’ll be ready when it is.

Last edited:

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
i got 6.4 reasons why.
Sounds dirty.
It “WAS” a 392 crate motor, is an explicit statement
I took it to mean that it was a 392 crate and not really a production model. In time we will know.
There was a thread from someone who attended an FCA press event, and from talking to FCA staff he got the impression that FCA wasn't serious about bringing the 392 JL to market.
@TXRubicon?

@MoparMike, I can’t find that screenshot anywhere. Seems like it just disappeared.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
The hydra blue appears to have gold tow hooks. We know how Jeep likes to change colors on them for different models. Red for Rubicon, light blue for 4XE so gold for hemi kinda makes sense. I have my diesel but hope y’all get your V8.
the other 392s have had gold hooks also

Sponsored

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Sounds dirty.
I took it to mean that it was a 392 crate and not really a production model. In time we will know.
@TXRubicon?

@MoparMike, I can’t find that screenshot anywhere. Seems like it just disappeared.
Tried to find it also and I can’t seem to find it

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Sounds dirty.
@TXRubicon?

It should still be up, let me check to see if something happened.

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I had someone associated with Jeep say something to me that made me believe that the Hemi Wrangler will be rolled out this spring (2021). Can’t give up my source as I don’t want to get them in trouble for saying something they weren’t supposed to, but I’m trying to hold off buying more mods for my 2019 JLUR just in case. If it comes out with 37” tires, there is no way I’m not getting it!

Scott
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.