MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
If they did D60s, even at a $30K premium it's a STEAL and I would trade my 2021 JLUR in.
It's probably going to top out at 70k. Engine will be 10k, extras will be 5k. Jeep starts at 57k.
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
It's probably going to top out at 70k. Engine will be 10k, extras will be 5k. Jeep starts at 57k.
Based on the direction they're going with the Ram TRX, and their launch pricing of other "halo vehicles": I would say that guess is pretty accurate.

OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Based on the direction they're going with the Ram TRX, and their launch pricing of other "halo vehicles": I would say that guess is pretty accurate.
Yeah, I hope that it will be that number. 70k for 392 power and 37s and HD axles would be kind of a steal.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Yeah, I hope that it will be that number. 70k for 392 power and 37s and HD axles would be kind of a steal.
For $70 I'd still probably jump on one, even if it had D44s. I'd have the extended warranty for sure!

Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Great, now I'm back to deciding whether to factory order a Rubicon or not haha. If this actually happens it will be a game changer. Count me in!

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Great, now I'm back to deciding whether to factory order a Rubicon or not haha. If this actually happens it will be a game changer. Count me in!
I’ve been debating for over a year now. This is exhausting lol

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
The only other vehicle, I would put my dogs in, is a Tahoe and they are around 70 grand, so count me in!
The only thing I would change is the tires, the 35's would make it too high for my white Boxer, the girl is getting old.
Second though, maybe they will beef up a stock wrangler with a 392, no lift kit, no 35's, WOW what a sleeper that would be!

pups.png

Last edited:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
It seems most in this thread are skeptical. I’m skeptical that they’re not coming out with a more capable/powerful Wrangler.
Jeep has cornered the off road market. I can’t see them letting Ford just waltz in and take it away from them.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
The only other vehicle, I would put my dogs in, is a Tahoe and they are around 70 grand, so count me in!
The only thing I would change is the tires, the 35's would make it too high for my white Boxer, the girl is getting old.
Second though, maybe they will beef up a stock wrangler with a 392, no lift kit, no 35's, WOW what a sleeper that would be!
Hard to hide that rumble.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I guess then I'll eat crow and park it next to my 2 door Gladiator. Oh wait..................

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
It seems most in this thread are skeptical. I’m skeptical that they’re not coming out with a more capable/powerful Wrangler.
Jeep has cornered the off road market. I can’t see them letting Ford just waltz in and take it away from them.
FCA is definitely feeling the heat from Ford(rightly so) and I'm sure they know they need to upgrade dealer service levels and offer a sexy motor to help combat the bronco launch. I still dont understand why they dont drop in the Dodge Ram 5.7 liter V8 with ultimate d44 axles. It would sound good, produce 410 lb ft of torque and would be a significant upgrade over the 3.6 and 2.0 motors. I bet they could offer it as a $6-7k upgrade package. The ram with the 5.7 gets 23mpg on the HWY...solid IMHO.

Last edited:

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I would love a 392 Wrangler. However, I seriously wish Jeep would focus on correcting current Wrangler issues like the corrosion, differential and seat problems, before developing a $70,000 V8 Wrangler that only a fraction of folks actually can afford.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I would throw a supercharger on my 3.6 before I shell out 70-80k for a Jeep. I don't understand people's fascination with 2 doors either. They need to be dwarf tossed onto a dirty mattress.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.