First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Woot woot! Happy to report that I made it to almost 14,000 miles on my 392 before experiencing death wobble. I should disclose the shakes started appearing a bit earlier. While the DW (death wobble, not dear wife) showed up much sooner on this build than prior builds, I have to say that the hemi under the hood is responsible for maybe a more spirited driving style on and off road than prior wrangler builds and hence the premature arrival of my old friend.

I see new 1 ton ball joints and a track bar in my future. Cyber Monday and lingering Black Friday deals look out.

Interested to hear how many miles before others experienced DW on your 392?

Build in the sig includes 37s and MetalCloak GC 3.5” lift.
Sponsored

Ted392

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500, TRX, hmmwv's, 392
Bummer. I'm slowly replacing front components to avoid this,,,as much as possible.

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
And here I thought the 392’s were exempt from this unwelcome visitor… you made it further than my previous 4xe at 7,000 miles.

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How are the tires? I’d start there especially with the weather change. These Jeep’s are so sensitive to tire wear and balancing.

OP
OP
ozon8r

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Just ordered the Steer Smart Smarts Yeti XD Sector Shaft Brace. Still researching best trackbar to replace the one that came with the MetalCloak Game Changer 3.5 lift, a new drag link, and a tie rod. Leaning towards the Steer Smarts as well for the rest of the front end. Welcome thoughts from others on 392 front end build.

Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Woot woot! Happy to report that I made it to almost 14,000 miles on my 392 before experiencing death wobble. I should disclose the shakes started appearing a bit earlier. While the DW (death wobble, not dear wife) showed up much sooner on this build than prior builds, I have to say that the hemi under the hood is responsible for maybe a more spirited driving style on and off road than prior wrangler builds and hence the premature arrival of my old friend.

I see new 1 ton ball joints and a track bar in my future. Cyber Monday and lingering Black Friday deals look out.

Curious what track bar you have currently?

OP
OP
ozon8r

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
How are the tires? I’d start there especially with the weather change. These Jeep’s are so sensitive to tire wear and balancing.
Tires are fine and balanced with plenty of tread left. I knew this condition would arrive at some point on the 392 with the lift and larger tires. Seems every solid axle vehicle I've owned, the DW appears at some point. Also experienced DW on my Ford F250 superduty, but on the highway at about 80mph. Scared the hell out of my wife in the pax seat. Did catch me off guard and wasn't expecting it on the F250, but knew what to do and what it was immediately thanks to my experience with this issue on Jeeps.

OP
OP
ozon8r

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Curious what track bar you have currently?
Running the MetalCloak track bar that came with the MetalCloak Game Changer 3.5 lift.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Running the MetalCloak track bar that came with the MetalCloak Game Changer 3.5 lift.
Ah, I didn't think one came with the 3.5" kit. Which one are you thinking of changing over to?

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
A bit over 15k and I got the shakes after hitting potholes on the highway.

Sponsored

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered the Steer Smart Smarts Yeti XD Sector Shaft Brace. Still researching best trackbar to replace the one that came with the MetalCloak Game Changer 3.5 lift, a new drag link, and a tie rod. Leaning towards the Steer Smarts as well for the rest of the front end. Welcome thoughts from others on 392 front end build.
I use to want a sector brace but the feedback from the folks I know that have them hasn’t been good. Bad experiences with Steersmarts and Synergy braces (old and new versions).
What’s wrong with the MC trackbar?

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
99.9% something is loose and easy fix

Bhodi11

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Are you more likely to get DW with factory suspension or just with a lift? Or you are going to get it regardless.
Sponsored