First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JLUR, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Construction
Does anyone know if I can still pay the $125 for my local Jeep dealership to adjust speedometer and transmission for 37’s on my 392 when it finally gets here. Or do I need to use a tazer? Obviously the dealership is cheaper route but I also don’t want to lose my warranty. Thanks y’all!
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Does anyone know if I can still pay the $125 for my local Jeep dealership to adjust speedometer and transmission for 37’s on my 392 when it finally gets here. Or do I need to use a tazer? Obviously the dealership is cheaper route but I also don’t want to lose my warranty. Thanks y’all!
1st, you won't lose you warranty for using a programmer to change tire size.

2nd, it's been posted on here that most dealerships are no longer doing programming for tire size. Your best bet is to contact your dealer and ask.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Third, If adding a tire size other than what came from the factory, the dealer could technically void any warranty claim that may heave resulted from said change.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Third, If adding a tire size other than what came from the factory, the dealer could technically void any warranty claim that may heave resulted from said change.
They have to prove that the modification caused the warranty issue, it is far less risk than some make it out to be. We’ve had ours in for the steering box replacement for instance, with 2.5” lift and 37’s without issue. One could try to argue that the change in angles and oversized tires caused the problem, but the tsb and the fact that Jeep went to the steel box on all new models kind of negates that argument. Especially with the availability of the xtreme recon package, they’d be hard pressed to argue that 2” larger tires caused some kind of damage.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
They have to prove that the modification caused the warranty issue, it is far less risk than some make it out to be. We’ve had ours in for the steering box replacement for instance, with 2.5” lift and 37’s without issue. One could try to argue that the change in angles and oversized tires caused the problem, but the tsb and the fact that Jeep went to the steel box on all new models kind of negates that argument. Especially with the availability of the xtreme recon package, they’d be hard pressed to argue that 2” larger tires caused some kind of damage.
I totally understand. But they can simply say that the mod caused or was a contributing factor and deny it. One would hope common sense would come into play here, but all dealerships are not created equal.

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
I was denied warranty for a worn drag link because of my 37s. I probably could have pushed harder, but I felt like it’s better to let the dealership (Lithia Dodge/Jeep in Medford oregon) show their true colors and pay for an upgrade myself, vs arguing with them only to get a replacement OEM drag link that would wear out in 25k again. That dealship is dead to me now. Moral of the story...........If you want to keep your warranty in tact I think it’s best to never let them see it or document that you have 37s.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I totally understand. But they can simply say that the mod caused or was a contributing factor and deny it. One would hope common sense would come into play here, but all dealerships are not created equal.
The Magnuson-moss act says they can't "simply say" shit. They are required to prove the mod caused damage. Sure if you have a crap dealer you might have to fight, but you'll win

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I was denied warranty for a worn drag link because of my 37s. I probably could have pushed harder, but I felt like it’s better to let the dealership (Lithia Dodge/Jeep in Medford oregon) show their true colors and pay for an upgrade myself, vs arguing with them only to get a replacement OEM drag link that would wear out in 25k again. That dealship is dead to me now. Moral of the story...........If you want to keep your warranty in tact I think it’s best to never let them see it or document that you have 37s.
A worn out drag link is a wear item, 25k miles before replacing a part that should be replaced with any lift kit isn't exactly a cause for concern.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
The Magnuson-moss act says they can't "simply say" shit. They are required to prove the mod caused damage. Sure if you have a crap dealer you might have to fight, but you'll win
Yep and you have to litigate the whole mess. Maybe you have deeper pockets than the Manufacturer but I sure don’t. All they have to do is claim the mod contributed to said failure. They don’t have to prove anything unless it is brought to litigation. Then the fight is on. Legal fees and all.

Sam

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
A worn out drag link is a wear item, 25k miles before replacing a part that should be replaced with any lift kit isn't exactly a cause for concern.
Ummm.....a wear item? ........Ok.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Ummm.....a wear item? ........Ok.
Tie rod ends wear out, like brake pads, etc."Parts such as tie-rod ends, wheel bearings, CV joints, U-joints, suspension bushings, and even many engine parts are considered parts that will wear out over time."

OP
OP
MORubi

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
This got hectic fast. So tazer then! Lol!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP
MORubi

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
My dealer will do it and it doesn't void warranty.
Sponsored