392 Check engine light and wont start on first push

V8Sting-gray

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S6, 2021 Sting-gray 392
After leaving dealership Jeep would not start on the first push of start button, cranks all the way through starter cycle and turns off. Starts right up on 2nd try. They looked at yesterday and was not throwing and obvious sensor or MAF . My thought was MAF or fuel pump related. They are trying to figure out and I am in a white Pacifica minivan. Hopefully something simple.

Driving it and trying to be good about break in is like waiting 6 months for marriage night then being told you can only hold hands. Then the next day she goes back home and you wonder if you made the right choice.

Looking forward to better news and brighter days.
Sponsored

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Members here have mentioned loose fuses on delivery.

Just a guess.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
There was another member here a few weeks ago who was having the exact same symptom as you. He didnā€™t have the 392. He would push the button and the engine would crank and not start and then he had to push it the second time and it would easily start. So same exact scenario. Do a search you may find his thread.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
There was another member here a few weeks ago who was having the exact same symptom as you. He didnā€™t have the 392. He would push the button and the engine would crank and not start and then he had to push it the second time and it would easily start. So same exact scenario. Do a search you may find his thread.
@Roky

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Following....... mine never throws a CEL or any other dash codes. And is intermittent sometimes goes for months before it will do it. Had fuel pump checked back a year ago or so, it checked out. Maybe Iā€™ll revisit that.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Your hold hands part made my day. Feels like fuel related, feels good when dealer told you something which make sense. Hope it all goes well.

OP
OP

V8Sting-gray

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dealer called to share that they are unable to locate a fuel pump as this is a specific fuel pump for this vehicle and that I should expect a call with an update on Monday if not sooner. Dealer was very apologetic and offered to swap out minivan. More sad than angry at this point

crazyjas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
dealer called to share that they are unable to locate a fuel pump as this is a specific fuel pump for this vehicle and that I should expect a call with an update on Monday if not sooner. Dealer was very apologetic and offered to swap out minivan. More sad than angry at this point
Attempted to start my 392 this morning (@ 675 miles)and just turned over until I hit the start stop button to stop it from turning over. No CELs that I noticed. Hit it a second time and it fired right up. . .

OP
OP

V8Sting-gray

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The fuel pump is part of the fuel tank as a single part per the dealer so they are now separating the pump from the tank and sending it. Car has 232 miles not too pleased and the minivan loaner is salt in the wound.

Sponsored

crazyjas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
The fuel pump is part of the fuel tank as a single part per the dealer so they are now separating the pump from the tank and sending it. Car has 232 miles not too pleased and the minivan loaner is salt in the wound.
Attempted to start my 392 this morning (@ 675 miles)and just turned over until I hit the start stop button to stop it from turning over. No CELs that I noticed. Hit it a second time and it fired right up. . .
Just did a second timešŸ˜§

OP
OP

V8Sting-gray

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just did a second timešŸ˜§
So sorry man, I can tell you I know how it feels. Maybe dealer can order part while you still drive it, it never did not start for me just would not start on first time. They still have no ETA on part for my replacement. I have gotten plenty of lip service about how this is a top priority and they are doing everything they can and each day I am without my Jeep and they don't have an ETA i get more frustrated.

OP
OP

V8Sting-gray

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the Jeep back a couple of days ago after a fuel pump replacement. No issues since. Kelly Jeep in MA did a great job making a painful situation workable. The GM there took ownership of the issue and provided daily updates during the process.

The Jeep is awesome, now if I can only get through the break in period and get into the loud pedal.

beckbuilt

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392, 18 JLUS
Got the Jeep back a couple of days ago after a fuel pump replacement. No issues since. Kelly Jeep in MA did a great job making a painful situation workable. The GM there took ownership of the issue and provided daily updates during the process.

The Jeep is awesome, now if I can only get through the break in period and get into the loud pedal.
Thanks for posting the results! Glad to hear itā€™s all taken care of.

yuriy

First Name
Yuriy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon 392
did you figure out what was a problem?
Sponsored