392 Catch Can

MTGOAT

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 GTO,14 Abarth,18 Velar,19 JLUR,22 392 XR
I had an old Billet Technology catch can left over from our past 2013 SRT GC. Knowing the alternator has taken up that space it previously sat I was determined to repurpose the can somehow. I looked at the engine bay a few times and couldn't quite find a home until today. I laid the hood back and looked at it for a bit, did some tinkering in the garage, came back to the engine bay and stared at it for a while. Left and came back two or three more times until I finally found a spot for it.

I am hanging the can off the engine coolant bracket. it is very flimsy but it provides enough space. What I found is all that hydro-guide mumbo jumbo takes up every free nook and cranny around the engine. Almost wonder if it would be worth removing all together but that is for another day.

I used an old bumpstop cut down to provide some support under the can. When you close the hood it does touch the can a bit but this is likely a good thing as it will then push the can into the bump stop spacer and keep it isolated.

if anyone has an old billet technology catch can, this is an option.

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Catch Can 20220501_195119

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Catch Can 20220501_195133

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Catch Can 20220501_195157
Sponsored

Last edited: