Sponsored

38's & 40's JL Pics W/Lift Kit! Post Em Up

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
It's called shock travel. By reading some of your post like putting 40s on your stock axles and measurements and all the other crap you were spouting I'll just stay out of it.
I wouldn’t even run 35s on the stock axles personally, but ok. And yea, measuring is dumb, ok. Hopefully you can explain something to me though because I’m clearly confused. Shock travel dictates flex, right? Flex is when one side is fully compressed, and the other side is fully extended? So how exactly does setting your static ride height at some higher arbitrary point between those two extremes have anything to do with flex? I just want to learn. Thank you for your time.
Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I wouldn’t even run 35s on the stock axles personally, but ok. And yea, measuring is dumb, ok. Hopefully you can explain something to me though because I’m clearly confused. Shock travel dictates flex, right? Flex is when one side is fully compressed, and the other side is fully extended? So how exactly does setting your static ride height at some higher arbitrary point between those two extremes have anything to do with flex? I just want to learn. Thank you for your time.
Every vehicle has unlimited flex until something stops the wheel travel. That could be a bump stop, shock bottoming out, the binding of control arms, or your tires literally crashing into your fenders and body.
If your limited by tire-to-body clearance, then yes a lift will help. If your limiting factor is anything else, you need to address that. Shorter bump stops, high-angle suspension joints, longer travel shocks, and so on and so forth

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

Wamwarren

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon / 84 CJ7 LS Swap
2.5" Rock Krawler X-Factor, 40" Cooper STT Pro, 17" Raceline wheels, Dynatrac XD60 axles with 5.38 gears, Falcon 3.3 shocks

40s.jpg
Can we get some more pics of your Jeep. I just put Evo coil over on my 2 door JL and have 37s on it. Sits higher than I wanted over the tires and waiting on a set of 40 MTZs.

KeepinItSimple

First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
So I’m gonna be throwing the RK 3.5” on with the 39” KM3s... I was hoping someone had something extremely similar, if not the same measurements, and could tell me the overall height of their ride? I’ve got a hard top.. just wanna know if I’m gonna be able to fit into my 88” clearance parking garage lol

mtnbiker73

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 JKU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

mtnbiker73

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
GULP! Tell me you where hard on the skinny pedal.
Not even close! It's my wife's rig. She was coming up on a 10" ledge climb. Came in passenger side first and it pushed the axle back right at the FAD. 10 JKs hit the same ledge without an issue. Junk axle for wheeling.

Rangerhughes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon 2 door, 2020 Mercedes AMG 45, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Dodge PW: 2017 Indian Chieftain
It actually broke on 37s, with only 4,000 miles on it.
WoW, based on the photos in your Garage, your doing some serious advanced wheeling, 99% of jeep owners will never attempt what your doing, hats off to you, now that your broke the D44s you going to D60s? The old adage drive it to you break it, then build it bake better and stronger!

mtnbiker73

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
WoW, based on the photos in your Garage, your doing some serious advanced wheeling, 99% of jeep owners will never attempt what your doing, hats off to you, now that your broke the D44s you going to D60s? The old adage drive it to you break it, then build it bake better and stronger!
Already running XD60s. Put those on after the axle broke. We definitely do some fun stuff. :)
My JKU is up on tons and 40s as well. I wheel it a lot harder than my wife wheels her JL...for now.