38's & 40's JL Pics W/Lift Kit! Post Em Up

Hogpup

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubicon
2 questions. Are you guys in 40’s regearing? And also, with a 3.5 lift to run 40’s do you need to make any fender/inner fender modifications?
No and yes with 3.5 you will rub.

Chris166

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
40's installed with 3.5" lift. Works fine on-road, but I need to order the Artec fender chop brackets. I'm just not looking forward to painting all the exposed white that's left over when removing the inner fenders :headbang:
40s-2.jpg
40s-3.jpg
Maybe do a rhino line in the wheel well after the liner is removed. Was looking at your wheels...very nice! I didn't know that Creeper Lock had a black wheel??? Only had the option on their website for the colored beadlock sections.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe do a rhino line in the wheel well after the liner is removed. Was looking at your wheels...very nice! I didn't know that Creeper Lock had a black wheel??? Only had the option on their website for the colored beadlock sections.
Thanks! :beer:
I was thinking the same, but I have decided to just wait for some aftermarket fenders and then I will attempt to cover what is still explosed. Currently the exposed white in the front doesn't really bother me that much with the inner fender delete.
The creeper locks do not come in black. I was waiting for the the candy red Fuel Zephyr to come out in a -38mm offset. While I was waiting I found a good deal on a used set of the creeper locks exactly the way they are(Previous owner had the centers powder coated black). My wife will be getting those wheels with a set of Patagonia 37's.
20180826_125835.jpg
front done.jpg

Sponsored

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
Those red rims are absolutely stunning! My 40's have been sitting in my living room just awaiting my JL... Unfortunately, the Hurricanes hit family up in NC and friends by me in Panama City so I have not had the time to go scoop it. Still wondering how the 8-speed and 40's will work. Had the tires on my 6-sp JK with no issues but it was boosted so that compensated a good bit. Still undecided on lift but looking forward to posting up a mojito on 40's soon!

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
I am looking into doing a 3.5 Game changer and 39x13.5x17 BFG KM3s on a JLUR. Wondering if anyone has done it yet or a different lift with same tires.

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
Man... This 8 speed pushes the 40's so easily and I'm running anchors in the form of Toyo's. Kept my eye on forced induction again as my 3.6 jk was supercharged but it looks like I will be holding off that for a while now that I've test driven it. Got mine set up today and I'll grab pictures when light tomorrow. Definitely going to bump it up to 3.5-4 inches or so with coilovers. Sticker shock on coilover kits right now hurts though.

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
SYNZzEZ.jpg

hGH6Xnu.jpg

My Chocolate puppy photobombing. Glad to finally have it in its "basic" trim. I am working out my plans for final suspension setup. Coilovers and around 4 inches of lift would put me where I want to be ideally. Nothing being offered currently in bumpers is screaming out to me so unfortunately, I'll deal with the limited turning radius right now.

Running just an RC spacer lift to help get my old rims and tires sold until I decide on coilover setup

Tires: 40x13.50 Toyo Open Country M/T

Last edited:

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
SYNZzEZ.jpg

hGH6Xnu.jpg

My Chocolate puppy photobombing. Glad to finally have it in its "basic" trim. I am working out my plans for final suspension setup. Coilovers and around 4 inches of lift would put me where I want to be ideally. Nothing being offered currently in bumpers is screaming out to me so unfortunately, I'll deal with the limited turning radius right now.

Running just an RC spacer lift to help get my old rims and tires sold until I decide on coilover setup
Nice. What size of tires are those?

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
40x13.50 Toyo's

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
The new JL scrambler truck with 40’s is going to look insane. A 4-5 inch lift and 40 inch tires what a great time to be a jeep gear head.
Sponsored