Sponsored

38" tires and larger

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
Let's see the pics of your rigs with 38" tires or larger. Please include what mods are done to your Jeep also
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Let's see the pics of your rigs with 38" tires or larger. Please include what mods are done to your Jeep also
You rang? Lol

2019 JLUR
- 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger 6-pack edition, minus their 8 control arms and rear track bar (not for long)
- 38X13.50 Milestar Patagonias
- 17x9 KMC XD138 Brutes with -12 offset and 4.53" backspace
- SteerSmarts tie rod, drag link, front track bar, and stabilizer relocation brackets
- Synergy control arms, rear track bar, rear track bar frame reinforcement bracket, and axle side reinforcement/relocation bracket.
- ARB front and rear diff covers and twin air compressor
- Metalcloak FAD and rear diff skids
- Maximus-3 SLP bull bar and Stealth front plate bracket
- AAL Highline fender LED's, front and rear fender liners, and fender retention hardware
- Teraflex Alpha HD spare carrier
- LOD Destroyer sliders

Pending:
- body trimming in rear wheel wells
- switch to Metalcloak control arms
- Cavfab High Clearance rear bumper and hinged tire carrier
- undecided brand of winch
- Factor 55 recovery equipment
- Baja Designs lighting (4 white squadron pros and 4 amber xl80's)
- Lux rock lights
Jeep Wrangler JL 38" tires and larger 20200813_083329
Jeep Wrangler JL 38" tires and larger 20200815_110338_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL 38" tires and larger 20200831_111107
Jeep Wrangler JL 38" tires and larger 20200831_111402
Jeep Wrangler JL 38" tires and larger 20200831_104158

Jeep Wrangler JL 38" tires and larger 20200831_110023
Jeep Wrangler JL 38" tires and larger jeep obsession

Last edited:
OP
OP
rcr1340

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
Where are all of them large tire Jeeps?

4LOWYO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 TJ Sport
2.5” AEV, with .5” Teraflex spacers all around. Metalcloak control arms, track bars, draglink, and tie rod. Removed rear inner fenders due to rubbing. Also trimmed lower rear corners of the tub for clearance.

DAA1C4A1-3C59-4519-BFCB-EBC207306AF1.jpeg

Sponsored

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
Where are all of them large tire Jeeps?
There are a few on 40’s in this post. Bigger than 40”, there are maybe a hand full that I have found or seen thus far. One guy on here has his on 46’s and I thought I read he was building a fairly identical one on 46’s for his wife. Then there is Code 1 which was on 42’s, now I believe it’s on 40’s. And the 4th one I know of is by Black Ops, which I believe is also on 46’s. Likewise, all of these are gas rigs. Beyond these 4, I don’t know of any other JL’s on tires bigger than 40’s.

jackthejl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finance
There are a few on 40’s in this post. Bigger than 40”, there are maybe a hand full that I have found or seen thus far. One guy on here has his on 46’s and I thought I read he was building a fairly identical one on 46’s for his wife. Then there is Code 1 which was on 42’s, now I believe it’s on 40’s. And the 4th one I know of is by Black Ops, which I believe is also on 46’s. Likewise, all of these are gas rigs. Beyond these 4, I don’t know of any other JL’s on tires bigger than 40’s.
Patiently waiting for Nitto to eventually/hopefully make the Trail Grappler in a 42.

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
Patiently waiting for Nitto to eventually/hopefully make the Trail Grappler in a 42.
That’s the other side of the equation. When you go bigger than 40”, you become extremely limited. Interco, Mickey Thompson, PitBull, Maxxis, and BFG are about the only players in the bigger tire arena. By year end hopefully I will be on 43” MT Baja Pro XS tires. Provided everything we ordered gets built and shows up on time.

Reactions: J0E

Sponsored

jackthejl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finance
That’s the other side of the equation. When you go bigger than 40”, you become extremely limited. Interco, Mickey Thompson, PitBull, Maxxis, and BFG are about the only players in the bigger tire arena. By year end hopefully I will be on 43” MT Baja Pro XS tires. Provided everything we ordered gets built and shows up on time.
This is true. I looked at the Baja Pro XS but would like something not quite as wide. A 42x14.50R17 would be perfect for me, but I don’t want to run Treps on a daily haha.

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
This is true. I looked at the Baja Pro XS but would like something not quite as wide. A 42x14.50R17 would be perfect for me, but I don’t want to run Treps on a daily haha.
If I’m not mistaken, that limits you to either Interco, BFG or Good Year. A lot of people seem to rave about the BFG Krawler’s. I’ve never used them, so I can’t say anything good or bad about them. At this point I prefer Toyo, yet like your situation, they don’t make the size I need. LOL.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
40" Toyos on Traction Off Road double bead locks
72.5" Wide Dynatrac XD60's.
Rock Krawler lift with 4.5" coils. More like 3.5" of lift with the Dynatrac brackets.
Nemesis Industries inner and outer flares with frame mounted rockers.
Poison Spyder bumpers front and rear. Full size spare on the back.

Very comfortable Jeep on and off road.

Pspot.jpg

RedConePass.jpg

jackthejl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finance
If I’m not mistaken, that limits you to either Interco, BFG or Good Year. A lot of people seem to rave about the BFG Krawler’s. I’ve never used them, so I can’t say anything good or bad about them. At this point I prefer Toyo, yet like your situation, they don’t make the size I need. LOL.
I believe the BFG Krawlers in a 42 are for a 20” wheel unfortunately and I ran Goodyear MTRs on my TJ awhile back and I was not impressed. I agree on the Toyos, so far they are my favorite tire I’ve ran. I am holding out and hoping for either Toyo or Nitto to make a 42.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I believe the BFG Krawlers in a 42 are for a 20” wheel unfortunately and I ran Goodyear MTRs on my TJ awhile back and I was not impressed. I agree on the Toyos, so far they are my favorite tire I’ve ran. I am holding out and hoping for either Toyo or Nitto to make a 42.
The current rumor is that Nitto is moving forward with it. Every 2 months or so I send an email to Toyo requesting a 42" radial. That started over 10 years ago.
Sponsored