Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finance
The current rumor is that Nitto is moving forward with it. Every 2 months or so I send an email to Toyo requesting a 42" radial. That started over 10 years ago.
*fingers crossed*
Sponsored

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the BFG Krawlers in a 42 are for a 20” wheel unfortunately and I ran Goodyear MTRs on my TJ awhile back and I was not impressed. I agree on the Toyos, so far they are my favorite tire I’ve ran. I am holding out and hoping for either Toyo or Nitto to make a 42.
I think you are correct. And my apologies. I’m looking at running 20” bead locks, which is why they are on my list of possibilities.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I think you are correct. And my apologies. I’m looking at running 20” bead locks, which is why they are on my list of possibilities.
I'd do anything to talk you out of that combo. I ran 42's on 20's and hated it. Always bouncing the wheel off of obstacles because there just wasn't enough side wall.

Reactions: J0E

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
40" Toyos on Traction Off Road double bead locks
72.5" Wide Dynatrac XD60's.
Rock Krawler lift with 4.5" coils. More like 3.5" of lift with the Dynatrac brackets.
Nemesis Industries inner and outer flares with frame mounted rockers.
Poison Spyder bumpers front and rear. Full size spare on the back.

Very comfortable Jeep on and off road.

Pspot.jpg

RedConePass.jpg
Sweet looking rig!

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
I'd do anything to talk you out of that combo. I ran 42's on 20's and hated it. Always bouncing the wheel off of obstacles because there just wasn't enough side wall.
Interesting. I was thinking 42” tires would be a minimum for 20” wheels and be effective off-road. And the difference between 42” & 43” isn’t much. Which logic would tell me that the results with 43’s would be more or less the same as 42’s.

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Interesting. I was thinking 42” tires would be a minimum for 20” wheels and be effective off-road. And the difference between 42” & 43” isn’t much. Which logic would tell me that the results with 43’s would be more or less the same as 42’s.
I went from 42's on 20's to 43's on 17's and was much happier.

I think a bunch of it comes down to how fast you want to go off road. If you go slow it won't be as bad. It appears you have a 4 door so you have to keep the weight of the Jeep in mind as well.

There were times you'd hit something just right and bounce off the wheel. Pretty bad for your tire side walls.

Fodeetooos.jpg

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
I went from 42's on 20's to 43's on 17's and was much happier.

I think a bunch of it comes down to how fast you want to go off road. If you go slow it won't be as bad. It appears you have a 4 door so you have to keep the weight of the Jeep in mind as well.

There were times you'd hit something just right and bounce off the wheel. Pretty bad for your tire side walls.

Jeep Wrangler JL 38" tires and larger Fodeetooos
Good looking rig.

I don’t plan on flying off-road. And I don’t want major headaches either. With your comment about the 42’s & 20” wheels, it probably explains why there are not a lot of rigs out there with that set up. And to go to 46’s is really bigger than I’d like to go. I’ve seen one on here, which is also in a YouTube video and it is nice look, but it just seems like overkill.

Now you got me rethinking the think.

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 3.6L & 2020 JLUS 2.0L
Occupation
Finance
Here’s my 2018 JLUR on 40s, UD60s, and long arm/coilovers, amongst a few other things.

JacktheJL - I'm about to place orders on 60's and all that then comes with. I am curious which longarms you went with and what lift/coil you are using. Thank you.

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
40" Toyos on Traction Off Road double bead locks
72.5" Wide Dynatrac XD60's.
Rock Krawler lift with 4.5" coils. More like 3.5" of lift with the Dynatrac brackets.
Nemesis Industries inner and outer flares with frame mounted rockers.
Poison Spyder bumpers front and rear. Full size spare on the back.

Very comfortable Jeep on and off road.

Dookey - I'm looking to put 40" Toyos on Hard Core Plus XD60s. Have the Toyo 35s now, and they are indestructible. Heavy, but love them. I'm getting all wrapped around the axle in choosing the lift and shock combo to go with the axles. Just curious if the XD60's come with factory shock locations? I'm reacting to your note about losing an inch due to the Dynatrac brackets. Did you have to grind or weld anything? Any idea how much sprung weight over stock you are front and back yo get yhis look? Would be really helpful to me if you know. Thanks!

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Dookey - I'm looking to put 40" Toyos on Hard Core Plus XD60s. Have the Toyo 35s now, and they are indestructible. Heavy, but love them. I'm getting all wrapped around the axle in choosing the lift and shock combo to go with the axles. Just curious if the XD60's come with factory shock locations? I'm reacting to your note about losing an inch due to the Dynatrac brackets. Did you have to grind or weld anything? Any idea how much sprung weight over stock you are front and back yo get yhis look? Would be really helpful to me if you know. Thanks!

The XD60's have stock style shock locations. I had to cut and grind a bunch of the brackets on my XD60's to make them right. Had to grind all over the tub to get the 40's to work with the 3.5" net lift.

The only added weight will be the bumpers and winch and the spare. I could try to calculate all of it for your shock tune but if you're doing custom stuff you should weigh your own.

Sponsored

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
The XD60's have stock style shock locations. I had to cut and grind a bunch of the brackets on my XD60's to make them right. Had to grind all over the tub to get the 40's to work with the 3.5" net lift.

The only added weight will be the bumpers and winch and the spare. I could try to calculate all of it for your shock tune but if you're doing custom stuff you should weigh your own.
dookey - Thank you! Absolutely no need to weigh anything - your mentioning the bumper, winch and spare is enough. Hey, other than the fitment to get brackets how you liked them and to make the 40's fit, how do you like the axles? Any quality issues or problems? Would you do these again over the UD40s?

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
No other issues so far. I went Dynatrac because I wanted the wider axles. Mine are 72.5" width.

Mookey16

First Name
German
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler Rubicon eco diesel
You rang? Lol

2019 JLUR
- 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger 6-pack edition, minus their 8 control arms and rear track bar (not for long)
- 38X13.50 Milestar Patagonias
- 17x9 KMC XD138 Brutes with -12 offset and 4.53" backspace
- SteerSmarts tie rod, drag link, front track bar, and stabilizer relocation brackets
- Synergy control arms, rear track bar, rear track bar frame reinforcement bracket, and axle side reinforcement/relocation bracket.
- ARB front and rear diff covers and twin air compressor
- Metalcloak FAD and rear diff skids
- Maximus-3 SLP bull bar and Stealth front plate bracket
- AAL Highline fender LED's, front and rear fender liners, and fender retention hardware
- Teraflex Alpha HD spare carrier
- LOD Destroyer sliders

Pending:
- body trimming in rear wheel wells
- switch to Metalcloak control arms
- Cavfab High Clearance rear bumper and hinged tire carrier
- undecided brand of winch
- Factor 55 recovery equipment
- Baja Designs lighting (4 white squadron pros and 4 amber xl80's)
- Lux rock lights
Jeep Wrangler JL 38" tires and larger 988877A4-D942-43FD-8495-CFC5632E82F9

Nice ride man, does It fit on your garage? Would you happen to know how high of your Jeep? Thanx
Sponsored