Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hi Kevin, Love the videos you guys post. I have a 2019 JLU Rubicon on order, already have the Metalcloak 3.5" True Dual-Rate Lift Kit sitting in the 'Parts Room" aka home office. Watched what you have done with your JLU and it seemed like a good lift, so I figured why stop copying you there, lol. Also going with a set of MB wheels and Milestar Patagonia M/T38 /13.50R17 unless you have a report on those rims and tires I do not know about. FYI my JLU is ordered in Billet Silver so not quit a exact copy. What size bump stops are you running front and rear now that you have the Metalcloak lift on. Any advise you have is defiantly appreciated!

Metalcloack delivery.jpg
Holy cow!!
Nice job on the parts. They are tried and True. You will love it all. The tires have been fantastic. Just rotate them regularly. 3” bump stop front and rear seems to do the trick with minimal rubbing. Pm me is you need anything else!
Sponsored

TDS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Commercial Project Superintendent
Holy cow!!
Nice job on the parts. They are tried and True. You will love it all. The tires have been fantastic. Just rotate them regularly. 3” bump stop front and rear seems to do the trick with minimal rubbing. Pm me is you need anything else!
Thanks for the help! I will defiantly shoot a PM if something comes up, I will shoot you some pics when its all put together>

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the help! I will defiantly shoot a PM if something comes up, I will shoot you some pics when its all put together>
Sounds great. Can’t wait to see it all

Zenk

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
next video will show us testing them. They might be the greatest tire I’ve ever had. Quiet as a KO2 but grip like crazy Offroad.

Kevin,
What tire pressures (in the Patagonia’s) are you running on the trail and street? TIA

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Was 10 trail 26 street
Now with bead locks I run 6-7 trail

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Hey @Kevin8086, you guys were running these with your 2.5" Rough Country budget boost, right?

What bump stop extensions did you use so you didn't get any rub?

I have flat EAG fenders at the moment, and am wondering if I'd need longer bumps.

cubanrob

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
hey guys, i know this is an old thread, but its what popped up when i was searching for info on 38's and spacer lift.
Anyways ... i just traded in my fully modded out JKU for a 2020 JLUR, and its hard going from a jeep with a 4" lift and 37's to a stock jeep, lol, but i cant afford to do everything all at once right off the bat as most of you understand. So i was thinking i would start with the RC 2.5" spacer lift and increasing the tire size on the stock Rubicon wheels. Ive decided i want to go with the Milestar Patagonia MT's, but what i need to decide on is if to go with the 37x12.5r17-D8 or the 38x13.5r17-C6. Id rather go with the 38's for multiple reasons, 1 being size, and 2 being the C6 load rating, it would be a smoother ride, and this is my daily driver as well as my occasional wheeler. but will they fit???
1st: Will the 13.50 width fit on the stock Rubicon wheel? (and FYI i already have 1.5" spacers installed)
2nd: Will the 38 diameter rub with just the spacer lift? i know to flip the bump stop longwise, and also to heat and mold the back of the rear inner fenders ... but will it be an issue?

Thanks in advance for any advise on this matter!

and @Kevin8086 ... Ive caught up on a bunch of yall's videos, and love them! you guys are entertaining and informative! and watching those first couple trail videos of you guys before and after the spacer lift helped me a lot in making this decision!

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Turning you should be fine.. I ran 38’s before Kevin did with no lift and beadlocks and turned lock to lock was fine no rubbing. Had to trim 2” off the rock rail and put the cap back on and I separated my fenders.. wasn’t much up travel but it worked.. if you do t want to take the fenders apart you’ll be looking at a 3” lift.. you can do a spacer and shock extension and there are some companies that offer control arm correction brackets.. I’d look at Evo mfg and Metal Cloak.. might as well get something quality to improve on after you save up to add to it.

cubanrob

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Turning you should be fine.. I ran 38’s before Kevin did with no lift and beadlocks and turned lock to lock was fine no rubbing. Had to trim 2” off the rock rail and put the cap back on and I separated my fenders.. wasn’t much up travel but it worked.. if you do t want to take the fenders apart you’ll be looking at a 3” lift.. you can do a spacer and shock extension and there are some companies that offer control arm correction brackets.. I’d look at Evo mfg and Metal Cloak.. might as well get something quality to improve on after you save up to add to it.
Gotcha!

So did u run those same 38 Pat's? And were you running the stock wheels?
Do u have any pics?

Thanks!

Sponsored

5280Sapper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Gotcha!

So did u run those same 38 Pat's? And were you running the stock wheels?
Do u have any pics?

Thanks!
Ugh yeah they got those because I was running them.. and they were cheap when they first came out..

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
hey guys, i know this is an old thread, but its what popped up when i was searching for info on 38's and spacer lift.
Anyways ... i just traded in my fully modded out JKU for a 2020 JLUR, and its hard going from a jeep with a 4" lift and 37's to a stock jeep, lol, but i cant afford to do everything all at once right off the bat as most of you understand. So i was thinking i would start with the RC 2.5" spacer lift and increasing the tire size on the stock Rubicon wheels. Ive decided i want to go with the Milestar Patagonia MT's, but what i need to decide on is if to go with the 37x12.5r17-D8 or the 38x13.5r17-C6. Id rather go with the 38's for multiple reasons, 1 being size, and 2 being the C6 load rating, it would be a smoother ride, and this is my daily driver as well as my occasional wheeler. but will they fit???
1st: Will the 13.50 width fit on the stock Rubicon wheel? (and FYI i already have 1.5" spacers installed)
2nd: Will the 38 diameter rub with just the spacer lift? i know to flip the bump stop longwise, and also to heat and mold the back of the rear inner fenders ... but will it be an issue?

Thanks in advance for any advise on this matter!

and @Kevin8086 ... Ive caught up on a bunch of yall's videos, and love them! you guys are entertaining and informative! and watching those first couple trail videos of you guys before and after the spacer lift helped me a lot in making this decision!
I wanted to run the same as you. Then I found out it was a really bad idea mounting 13.5s on a 7.5" wheel. No one would install them so I went with the 37s. This was the best set up I had, 37s on stock wheels. Then I bought headlocks and 38s. I could definitely feel the difference and would highly recommend you staying with stock wheels and 37s and RC spacer lift until you decide to buy a complete lift. BTW Kevin doesn't post here anymore.

cubanrob

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I wanted to run the same as you. Then I found out it was a really bad idea mounting 13.5s on a 7.5" wheel. No one would install them so I went with the 37s. This was the best set up I had, 37s on stock wheels. Then I bought headlocks and 38s. I could definitely feel the difference and would highly recommend you staying with stock wheels and 37s and RC spacer lift until you decide to buy a complete lift. BTW Kevin doesn't post here anymore.
Thanks man, good to know! ... I was hoping someone out there had gone through the same thought process as me! lol

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Thanks man, good to know! ... I was hoping someone out there had gone through the same thought process as me! lol
No problem. I just sold my RC lift with the new RC shocks for $100. Those RC shocks rode better than my Falcons. I think the 37s rode better too than the 38s. You'll love the spacer lift and 37s on stock wheels. Good luck.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
No problem. I just sold my RC lift with the new RC shocks for $100. Those RC shocks rode better than my Falcons. I think the 37s rode better too than the 38s. You'll love the spacer lift and 37s on stock wheels. Good luck.
Here is that RC lift with 37" Patagonia M/T's . Not stock wheels though

37's 1.jpg

37's 4.jpg
Sponsored