Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere already, I tried searching but can't seem to find much.

I've got a JLUR "Xtreme Recon" on order, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the Mopar factory beadlock wheels that come with it. Specifically wondering if it's possible to mount 37"x12.5" tires in either DOT or true beadlock configuration without wheel spacers. I'm really hoping the backspacing is compatible with 37's as I don't much like the idea of wheel spacers and I would like to keep the OEM wheels if possible
Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I have the Mopar factory beadlock wheels with 37"x12.5" in true beadlock configuration . No wheel spacers needed.. I have a 2 inch lift on my 2018 JLU Rubicon. The rims had a reasonable off set. I air them down to 8psi and still no rub. They are sweet.

D25699FD-4ED6-4054-9C62-DF3845789832.jpeg

Derf123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu
Jeepeto, keep this thread updated. I have an xr coming soon and I want to run 37s as well. Do you think that extra 1.5 lift would be adequate on full flex with 37s?

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jeepeto, keep this thread updated. I have an xr coming soon and I want to run 37s as well. Do you think that extra 1.5 lift would be adequate on full flex with 37s?
If it’s truly only 1.5” I think you’ll get rub. But if it’s anything like the Mopar 2” lift, it is usually closer to 3”. This is one of the questions I have as well, but I’m already pricing a lift kit into my build so I’m not disappointed if it doesn’t work out.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have the Mopar factory beadlock wheels with 37"x12.5" in true beadlock configuration . No wheel spacers needed.. I have a 2 inch lift on my 2018 JLU Rubicon. The rims had a reasonable off set. I air them down to 8psi and still no rub. They are sweet.

Jeep Wrangler JL 37x12.5 on Mopar Beadlocks? D25699FD-4ED6-4054-9C62-DF3845789832
That is the answer I was hoping to hear! I really like the look of them, and obviously beadlocks are a bonus.. I would have hated to have to be forced into selling them just because the offset was wrong.

Nice rig by the way. How do you like the KM3s? I’ve been really happy with the Yokohama G003s on my 19, but there’s a short list of other options I would consider and the KM3 is definitely one of them.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
OP, those wheels are engineered with proper backspacing, however there is still tire size limitations. My Rubicon has 5.77 +25 AEV wheels (very similiar to Mopar beadlock) and a Mopar 2+" lift which makes me believe a 1.5" lift and 37"s will rub, a lot. 37's will require at least Mopars 2+" lift and very slight mods. to clear when fully stuffed.
IMHO after 2 yrs. and 15K miles, 37's are too much tire for a daily driver. XR's 1.5" lift is perfect for Mopar beadlocks and 35's but no one wants to hear that, haha.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP, those wheels are engineered with proper backspacing, however there is still tire size limitations. My Rubicon has 5.77 +25 AEV wheels (very similiar to Mopar beadlock) and a Mopar 2+" lift which makes me believe a 1.5" lift and 37"s will rub, a lot. 37's will require at least Mopars 2+" lift and very slight mods. to clear when fully stuffed.
IMHO after 2 yrs. and 15K miles, 37's are too much tire for a daily driver. XR's 1.5" lift is perfect for Mopar beadlocks and 35's but no one wants to hear that, haha.
Fingers crossed on OEM beadlocks working, otherwise I’ll likely get some KMCs. It’s definitely getting 37s, and even though it’ll be my wife’s daily; she works in our small rural town and maybe puts on a mile a day. I’m also fully prepared to install a 3.5” mid arm lift if the factory lift isn’t sufficient. I’m not holding my breath on that 1.5”OEM kit. I’m building it to road trip out to Moab a few times a year, I’m assuming 4.56 gearing combined with the 8 speed auto won’t be perfect, but will be sufficient for highway duty a couple times a year. We’ve been doing it in our manual JL with 3.45s and 35” tires. Again not great by any means, but it’s capable of doing it.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It will be fine for your wife but not for off roading. 37's wont be terrible, they'll just rub a lot. More tire poke(KMC's) will not fix the rub spots. You might try splitting the fenders(delete the stock liners) and go after market liners.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Has anyone had any issues with the Mopar beadlock bolt heads getting sheared off on rocks? They aren't recessed into the ring like most.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Has anyone had any issues with the Mopar beadlock bolt heads getting sheared off on rocks? They aren't recessed into the ring like most.
I noticed that as well. I did see someone who found replacement bolts with Allen heads that seemed to fit much better. But I wasn’t smart enough to bookmark the page.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It will be fine for your wife but not for off roading. 37's wont be terrible, they'll just rub a lot.
Are you speaking to wheel offset or lift? Do you think 37s would rub on OE beadlocks regardless of lift? From what I can find, the mopar beadlock seems to have 4.4” backspacing, I’m hoping that will be sufficient as long as it is paired with enough lift.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
That is the answer I was hoping to hear! I really like the look of them, and obviously beadlocks are a bonus.. I would have hated to have to be forced into selling them just because the offset was wrong.

Nice rig by the way. How do you like the KM3s? I’ve been really happy with the Yokohama G003s on my 19, but there’s a short list of other options I would consider and the KM3 is definitely one of them.
Love the BFG M/Ts. I have been running them for 25 + years on multiple Jeep’s/trucks…Never an issue

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Are you speaking to wheel offset or lift? Do you think 37s would rub on OE beadlocks regardless of lift? From what I can find, the mopar beadlock seems to have 4.4” backspacing, I’m hoping that will be sufficient as long as it is paired with enough lift.
The XR stock 1.5 lift will not be enough for 37" tire clearance when off roading.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Terrible design, IMO - exposed bolt heads, 25 bolts instead of 32 like most. Spacers also not available for tires with thick beads. Sold my set and went with Racelines.
Sponsored