37's with 2" Mopar factory lift on JLU?

pdwornik23

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
if I get a 2" mopar factory lift on my jl sport unlimited, I can fit 37's. if it rubs a bit I can get longer bump stops or rubicon fenders. I want to run 37 ko2's. what wheel size and why?
Sponsored

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Yes you can. But You will want to re gear and put stronger axles unless it is a mall crawler.

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
Also from what Ive read you can have issues with brake lines and drive shaft lengths. Just something I read on this forum

Sponsored

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
There's more to it than "will they fit"

There are things to consider like:
Loss of power
Loss of MPG
increased wear on steering, suspension and brake components
Increased stopping distance
increased stress on all drive train
or
upgrade steering, suspension and brake components
upgrade axles and gearing etc.

My advice is to stay with 33 range for tire size unless you want to kill that poor jeep, unless you're gonna spend a lot of money upgrading. 35-37 tires on a Rubicon is still gonna increase stress and wear on some things but at least the axles and gearing are more appropriate for BIG tires than the Sport and Sahara.

Don't flame me if you disagree. Just one person's opinion.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
You can fit them with rubicon fenders or cutting your stock fenders. You also should use appropriate bumpstops anytime you lift a jeep.

I ran 37s on a sport and wheeled it but the d30 was built up and I eventually swapped it out for a pro rock 44 because the ends bent and the gears grenaded.

You will not need to regear but you will lose power and mileage until you do. Some people are fine with it others regear immediately. Its kinda subjective as to if you can live with it. It really boils down to if it's worth the wear and tear on parts and the hit in power and mileage to you. If it is then get them and enjoy it.

Ohh add wheel spacers as a possible to your list. The sport axles arent as wide as rubicon axles so you'll likely need to move the wheel out with spacers or new wheels. The front bumper can also be a issue but you can chop that off or get a new bumper with more clearance.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
If you JUST ADD 37'S/WHEELS without most of the ABOVE MODS------

It's gunna look fantastic--until you drive it for a while--then you are not only going to have make some required mods, but you'll have to REPAIR some expensive equip.--or you're go9ing to have a GARAGE MONUMENT !

Jeeping is fun, but you can't just Bolton looks !

Good luck

JIMBO

OP
OP

pdwornik23

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Mostly a mall crawler per say. I will hit some trails. I don’t mind slowly building it up. I couldn’t afford a RUBICON out of the gate. Had to start somewhere. So a mopar 2” lift on 37x12.5r17 ko2’s, but wheels? I don’t want to stick out to much. ......offset? backspacing? width? I’ll modify other things (gearing, etc) as I save more. Again. I have to start somewhere. I think a 2” mopar with 37’s is a good start.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
A good start would be get a set of RUBICON 33"TIRES/WHEELS TAKE OFFS--and do some off-roading with JEEP FRIENDS--

That'll let you find out what/if you want to change and what to change--those tires/wheels won't do any damage to your suspension while you LEARN !

Good luck

W.E.

JIMBO

Sponsored

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
This has legit been asked and answered soooo many times. Don’t any of you search this forum or google before posting?

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Your going to have to push your wheels out past your fenders to fit 37s I'd bet. Its a tall wide tire and without the proper offset or wheels spacers your going to rub when you turn.
Sponsored