chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like 37s are the new 35s based on all this SEMA coverage. I really didn't want to have to regear.
A lot of people are running 37's with 4:10's I am as well. It's barely noticeable, if at all.
I rarely use 6th gear but otherwise it's fine.
Or even go with a "shorter" 37" like a BFG tire.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like 37s are the new 35s based on all this SEMA coverage. I really didn't want to have to regear.
So because everyone at SEMA is doing 37's that means you have to as well? I build my Jeep for how I plan on using it- for me 35's will work great for 99% of the time and 33's will work 95% of the time. So I will stay on the stock tire until they wear out and then I will upgrade to the 35's. I could care less about what people at SEMA do- sure the Jeep's look cool and it is neat to get ideas and inspiration but I am not going to change my build plans..... I mean if everyone was doing this next year at SEMA-
XavHZF6.jpg

would you be lining up to change your Jeep to 28" rims?

OP
OP
voodoo11

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of people are running 37's with 4:10's I am as well. It's barely noticeable, if at all.
Stock or lifted?

OP
OP
voodoo11

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So because everyone at SEMA is doing 37's that means you have to as well? I build my Jeep for how I plan on using it- for me 35's will work great for 99% of the time and 33's will work 95% of the time. So I will stay on the stock tire until they wear out and then I will upgrade to the 35's. I could care less about what people at SEMA do- sure the Jeep's look cool and it is neat to get ideas and inspiration but I am not going to change my build plans..... I mean if everyone was doing this next year at SEMA-
XavHZF6.jpg

My comment was more based on my dissapointment there aren't any suspensions addressing the 35 crowd beyond spacer lifts.

Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
My comment was more based on my dissapointment there aren't any suspensions addressing the 35 crowd beyond spacer lifts.
Okay this makes much more sense... I think you will see more 2" type lifts show up soon. Mopar can not own this market, especially because other companies make much better components.

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
37s are indeed the new 35s and for Rubicon owners. If fact, I'm now seriously considering 38s as the Rubi's high fenders, plus 3.5 lift equal a very sizeable fender gap.

I'm wondering if there are many JLUR owners out there daily driving 38s with stock gearing and having any problems or regrets. Again, applies to Rubicon owners only, which are the majority of us on this site.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
XavHZF6.jpg

:puke:

I feel so sad for that poor Jeep. :(

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

You do not like my old Jeep? I have my new Blue 28" rims from my JL on order.... Just kidding. I think almost all of these are totally pointless, but it helps keep values high on used Jeeps. Think about it- for each of these ruined Jeeps that are out there the more valuable our un-ruined Jeeps become :).

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic

Every year I go to the Lagunitas Beer Circus here. The theme, printed on the beer cozy's they hand you when you enter, is "I saw things I can't un-see". Pretty much describes how I feel about that Jeep.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Sponsored