Vehicle Showcase

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I will throw in my two cents. On my last Jeep, 2018 Sahara I ran 37’s. No flex available really, but no rubbing or anything. I ran a 20x12 wheel as well. Rode awesome, better than my Rubicon does now.

1CC262A7-999F-45E6-9A3F-B5FEB219901B.jpeg

A213F081-89C1-4F74-BD53-DA21CCEED50F.jpeg
Why did you change it for the Rubicon?

Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Theres a 4dr JL on 37 MTRs in this video that wheels harder than most rubicons.

I think going to 37s is fine with the mindset of knowing that eventually something will break and you’ll need to upgrade

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Theres a 4dr JL on 37 MTRs in this video that wheels harder than most rubicons.

I think going to 37s is fine with the mindset of knowing that eventually something will break and you’ll need to upgrade

He was just working on Heathen and....wah wah. Time for more than ball joints.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
yeah i saw that part, the jeep does get wheeled hard. And too my point, put 37s on it, something will break and the shafts were first to go
To me it’s looking like 37’s only if you have lower traction situations. Slippage and then hooking up is what hammers them. For normal street driving and looks, someone should be good to go. I’d stick with higher mileage AT’s probably.

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Thanks for the links!
Did you have factory LED's and/or the BLIS? If so how bad were the mods? I'd love a plug and play solution, not really wanting to cannibalize my lights...might still go for it tho if Oracle isn't going to release blacked out versions for the LED/Blis crowd.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth the people who actually built those axles, Dana/Spycer, have said 35s for mall crawling and LIGHT off road use. Anything in terms of harder wheeling or larger tires is not recommended on the Sport and Sahara axles.
The garage you talked to and the people at the beginning of this thread are right, stick with 35s and a 2.5" lift and you will avoid a lot of headaches.
Bumping to 37s is going to bite you eventually. Plus you have 3.45 gears in your Jeep and 37s want 4.88 or 5.13 gears which means you will never see 8th gear in an auto or 6th gear in a manaual. Even running 35s without re-gearing you will barely touch those high gears.

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Thanks for the links!
Did you have factory LED's and/or the BLIS? If so how bad were the mods? I'd love a plug and play solution, not really wanting to cannibalize my lights...might still go for it tho if Oracle isn't going to release blacked out versions for the LED/Blis crowd.
No factory LED or BLIS

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
For what it's worth the people who actually built those axles, Dana/Spycer, have said 35s for mall crawling and LIGHT off road use. Anything in terms of harder wheeling or larger tires is not recommended on the Sport and Sahara axles.
The garage you talked to and the people at the beginning of this thread are right, stick with 35s and a 2.5" lift and you will avoid a lot of headaches.
Bumping to 37s is going to bite you eventually. Plus you have 3.45 gears in your Jeep and 37s want 4.88 or 5.13 gears which means you will never see 8th gear in an auto or 6th gear in a manaual. Even running 35s without re-gearing you will barely touch those high gears.
Please provide a link to the thread you created when you were building and wheeling your Jeep. Lots of useful information there.

It is good to hear from someone who actually went through the process.

Never mind. I found it.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/our-trip-out-west-with-open-diffs.34306/

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Please provide a link to the thread you created when you were building and wheeling your Jeep. Lots of useful information there.

It is good to hear from someone who actually went through the process.

Never mind. I found it.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/our-trip-out-west-with-open-diffs.34306/
You got it and also there is a link in my info at the bottom for how we upgraded to D44s and there are some before/after/along the way pics in my garage.
We have learned soooo much in 2 years... lol.
Sponsored