First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I would take the shops advice over someone on a forum that knows someone's sisters cousin Rick that did it and it is the best shit ever.

There is a reason, actually many reasons they said don't do it.
There is a right and wrong way to do everything, the right way is more expensive, hence why you get a lot of shit done the wrong way.

But hey, try it and see, don't listen to professionals that do it every day and know the pros and cons.
They are probably just lying about all the other things you will need to run 37s efficiently.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GeepNee

GeepNee

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Altitude, 2018 Tesla Model 3
LOL. All good points. I got some Rubi rock sliders from a friend which i intend to put on to replace the stock side steps that came on my jeep. See how that goes with the GF and my 2 daughters.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
LOL. All good points. I got some Rubi rock sliders from a friend which i intend to put on to replace the stock side steps that came on my jeep. See how that goes with the GF and my 2 daughters.
You're already outnumbered. Good luck. :beer:

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Probably pretty far down most people's list, that are considering a lift and big tires, is getting in and out easily. If you're tall and young, it may not be an issue for you. But if you are shorter, older, or have a lady that isn't 6ft tall or wears a skirt now and then, you may have to consider some kind of step.

Many years ago, my wife and I were going to a Christmas party for a horse club. My GMC 2500 was new and we were going in it. I jumped in and waited for her to get in. There was some cursing and finally she asked for help. She had a tight skirt on and couldn't step up into the truck. Next thing you know, there's some step rails under the tree. LOL.
Good point. This is often overlooked.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Thank you all for the feedback.

If I go with the 3.5 lift and 37s, would I need to change/replace my front drive shafts?
No

Sponsored

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
So I have a sport S and I just bought 37s because that is my ultimate tire size. Unfortunately they are going to need to sit in my garage for quite some time before I can put them on. Before I do 37s my list of stuff is: rubicon D44 axles, re-gear to 4.88, probably RCV shafts, 2.5" lift, rubi flares (or aftermarket flares), and metal cloak tailgate reinforcement. It is a lot of stuff and I know I should have gotten a rubicon or trade in for one. I really want to keep my Jeep though, so this is all stuff thats going to have to happen.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Probably pretty far down most people's list, that are considering a lift and big tires, is getting in and out easily. If you're tall and young, it may not be an issue for you. But if you are shorter, older, or have a lady that isn't 6ft tall or wears a skirt now and then, you may have to consider some kind of step.

Many years ago, my wife and I were going to a Christmas party for a horse club. My GMC 2500 was new and we were going in it. I jumped in and waited for her to get in. There was some cursing and finally she asked for help. She had a tight skirt on and couldn't step up into the truck. Next thing you know, there's some step rails under the tree. LOL.
Problem solved - on my Sport I had 40" tires and 5" lift. I don't go offroad but all the 12 year old kids in the neighborhood think it looked cool - like Big Foot. I put a rope ladder in at each door so we could get in and out. Plus when driving I could see all the way to the next county.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you all for the feedback.

If I go with the 3.5 lift and 37s, would I need to change/replace my front drive shafts?
You might, depending on if you wheel it. Your DS might hit at full droop. Dont buy one up front. Do your lift, check, then buy if needed.

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Go for the look you want. As someone else mentioned you will want to get a better tire carrier. Plastic bumpers was my first on the list to swap after lift and tire carrier. The gearing on the road is not as bad as many describe, makes me wonder if they have actual experience. I'll look into a gear upgrade at some point.

IMG_0591 (002).jpg
IMG_0592 (002).jpg
IMG_0595 (002).jpg

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Go for the look you want. As someone else mentioned you will want to get a better tire carrier. Plastic bumpers was my first on the list to swap after lift and tire carrier. The gearing on the road is not as bad as many describe, makes me wonder if they have actual experience. I'll look into a gear upgrade at some point.

IMG_0591 (002).jpg
IMG_0592 (002).jpg
IMG_0595 (002).jpg
Love the tail lights, where did you get them tinted?

Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I will throw in my two cents. On my last Jeep, 2018 Sahara I ran 37’s. No flex available really, but no rubbing or anything. I ran a 20x12 wheel as well. Rode awesome, better than my Rubicon does now.

1CC262A7-999F-45E6-9A3F-B5FEB219901B.jpeg

A213F081-89C1-4F74-BD53-DA21CCEED50F.jpeg

OP
OP
GeepNee

GeepNee

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will throw in my two cents. On my last Jeep, 2018 Sahara I ran 37’s. No flex available really, but no rubbing or anything. I ran a 20x12 wheel as well. Rode awesome, better than my Rubicon does now.

1CC262A7-999F-45E6-9A3F-B5FEB219901B.jpeg

A213F081-89C1-4F74-BD53-DA21CCEED50F.jpeg
nice looking sahara! what lift did you have on it? you didn't have to change anything or need re-gearing?

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
nice looking sahara! what lift did you have on it? you didn't have to change anything or need re-gearing?
I had an RK 2.5”. Was the only lift out at the time really. I never re-geared it, drove just fine from my perspective, it was no sports car, but I don’t use my Jeep like a sports car.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_0591 (002).jpg
IMG_0592 (002).jpg
IMG_0595 (002).jpg
I like the simplicity of this Jeep - i mean that in a good way :)

OP
OP
GeepNee

GeepNee

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IMG_0591 (002).jpg
IMG_0592 (002).jpg
IMG_0595 (002).jpg

IMG_0591 (002).jpg
IMG_0592 (002).jpg
IMG_0595 (002).jpg
what size tires and wheels are you running? that stance is what i'm after as well.
Sponsored