Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
None at all! They ride great!
I'll be upgrading my 392XR to them as soon as it comes in.

BTW Just got done watching your Clayton video great job!!

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be upgrading my 392XR to them as soon as it comes in.

BTW Just got done watching your Clayton video great job!!
Thanks bud! I always appreciate the support!

cmtaylo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 yugo
Yes, control arms and sway bar end-links are shorter than from the “Mopar lift kit”. Took measurements myself. I do think the 392 wanders a bit on the highway, even before my 1.5” Teraflex spacer lift.

Front

09A7D254-D94E-4199-B3FD-869963AEB485.jpeg

Rear

EB46206F-757A-42F2-8A7C-463354AEE4DD.jpeg
F

Highway driving did tighten up to better than stock after switching out my sway bar end links for the longer Mopar. I’d definitely change those out even if your running your 392 at stock height. Maybe $120 total in parts? Not a bad install.

Metalcloak 3.5 Dual Rate kit vs 3.5 GC going on as soon as the bugs have been worked out and available. Have already spoken to Scott. Scott said they threw on the diesel kit to test. Turns out the 392 is heavier enough than the diesel that the kits sags to much in the front. Will need a 392 specific kit.

On 37 I’ve noticed acceleration decreased a little but at highway speeds still pics up like a beast. I’m guessing that’s not unexpected from the higher rev range of a naturally aspirated engine with 470hp.

Agree, a siped KM3 would be the bee’s knees.
How tight is your front driveshaft angle at transfer case, I have the plans to ad spacer but looks like a front driveshaft would be required

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
Intruder alert!

4xe guy here, love the video and setup. Thank you for sharing. Would you all happen to know if the 392 Rubi also sits higher than 4xe Rubi?

I know the 4xe Rubi sits 1” higher than a no-4xe Rubi, but not sure how it compares to a 392.

Long story short, I’m trying to determine if this video and thread will be relevant for me trying to run 37s on a stock suspension 4xe Rubi.
I ran 37-in ko2s on my 4xe for a week before getting the Mopar lift. The only time I rubbed was on a speed hump (20 mph) in the back lower corners of the rear liners

Sponsored

392rjl

First Name
Rachael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392
I finally got around to uploading my video showing off how the Nitto Ridge Grappler 37's fit on the Wrangler 392 stock wheels with no lift. They look amazing, ride great and didn't really hurt the acceleration of the 392, but I do have some rubbing on the lower control arms at full turn, and it does rub the rear inner fender liners when I flexed it out. Let me know if you all have any questions.
can wheel spacers be installed to push the tires out from the fender? Sorry if my lingo is off…. New to this. Would like 37s on the stock rims for a 2023 392 TYIA

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
can wheel spacers be installed to push the tires out from the fender? Sorry if my lingo is off…. New to this. Would like 37s on the stock rims for a 2023 392 TYIA
Spacers only push wheel further out if that is what you are trying to do.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
yes, that is what we want... thanks!
Just make sure you look at other Jeeps with similar offsets. Adding a spacer to the stock beacklocks will give you quote a wide stance and you'll be slinging mud/rocks everywhere.

392rjl

First Name
Rachael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392
Just make sure you look at other Jeeps with similar offsets. Adding a spacer to the stock beacklocks will give you quote a wide stance and you'll be slinging mud/rocks everywhere.
My husband wants the tires past the fenders... I'm trying to meet him in the middle with everything he wants to customize. He would like 38" plus, plus... plus tires and lifted to the sky... lol. I'd love to keep the existing rims and lift and just go to 37's. From the pics I've seen, this is a good look :)

Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
My husband wants the tires past the fenders... I'm trying to meet him in the middle with everything he wants to customize. He would like 38" plus, plus... plus tires and lifted to the sky... lol. I'd love to keep the existing rims and lift and just go to 37's. From the pics I've seen, this is a good look :)
Well if he is taking his Jeep and using it actually, his ideas and wants are valid. If it's a mall crawler I am 100% on your side. ;)

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my video on the wheel spacers so you can see how much the Teraflex spacers push the wheels out:

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
I wouldn’t recommend 37s with the 392 rims. You would be a little safer with the 392XR rims but still not awesome. Most 37s want at least 8.5-9 inch width. Your 392 has 7.5 or 8 if you’re gonna buy beadlock rings($$$$). So if you are going 37s, then skip the spacers and get new 8.5”-9” width rims with backspace less than 5.5” and you are going to be good. Sucks to buy twice, don’t ask me how I know…

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I
I wouldn’t recommend 37s with the 392 rims. You would be a little safer with the 392XR rims but still not awesome. Most 37s want at least 8.5-9 inch width. Your 392 has 7.5 or 8 if you’re gonna buy beadlock rings($$$$). So if you are going 37s, then skip the spacers and get new 8.5”-9” width rims with backspace less than 5.5” and you are going to be good. Sucks to buy twice, don’t ask me how I know…
[/
I disagree, I had oem wheels on my 20 rubicon running 37x12.5x17 tires with 1.75” synergy spacers for over 14000 miles with zero issues. Off roaded the crap out of it and never had one issue. I did make sure to check spacers every 5000 miles when I rotated tires. I did a lot of research before I did it and many of the old school off roaders said that’s what they call poor man’s beadlocks cause a narrower wheel holds the wider tires on better than a wheel too wide. Aired down to 15 plenty and never lost a bead or broke anything

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
I

I disagree, I had oem wheels on my 20 rubicon running 37x12.5x17 tires with 1.75” synergy spacers for over 14000 miles with zero issues. Off roaded the crap out of it and never had one issue. I did make sure to check spacers every 5000 miles when I rotated tires. I did a lot of research before I did it and many of the old school off roaders said that’s what they call poor man’s beadlocks cause a narrower wheel holds the wider tires on better than a wheel too wide. Aired down to 15 plenty and never lost a bead or broke anything
I stated that because there is not a tire manufacturer of 37s that spec smaller than an 8.5” width rim. They spec rim width for a reason. Doesn’t mean it won’t fit, just that it is not within manufacturer specs. And with that, any issue might end up coming out of your wallet. Insurance etc….
Sponsored