Sponsored

37's and Minor Wiggle in Steering: Acceptable?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone,

After going to 37s (BFG Ko2) I notice a tiny, tiny bit of feedback in the steering wheel which is equivalent to death wobble BUT it goes away on its own without slowing down and within 1ish seconds after the feedback. Most of the time this wobble is not even severe enough to see in the steering wheel, just a feel. This only happens with certain bumps and its not frequent but will happen a few times during my half hour drive to work. I have the Mopar Lift, front and rear track bars and wheels and tires that were balanced 3 times. I've tested tire pressures from 25 to 37 psi in 3psi increments. I also checked toe in (myself, so not as fancy as other methods or going to the shop) and its within 1/16ths toe in. Just wondering, is this kind of minor feedback what should be expected with 37s? I didn't noticed this with 315/70 KO2s. I did order a steering stabilizer from Fox which should be here Monday, but if this is something that's not normal, I don't want the continued excess wear on the components.

Photo for flare.

sketch-1533336910832.png
Sponsored

Dbwy

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I noticed the same after the RC 2.5 BB and MXT 37s. I installed a RC dual steering stabilizer and it actually helped a good amount. I still get a bit of feedback over bumps, but I think the stabilizer will help from what your explaining.

OP
OP
RubiRob

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed the same after the RC 2.5 BB and MXT 37s. I installed a RC dual steering stabilizer and it actually helped a good amount. I still get a bit of feedback over bumps, but I think the stabilizer will help from what your explaining.
Thanks for the reply. Judging from all the reviews of stabilizers I think so too. It's just so under reported that I was worried perhaps I was experiencing something others weren't.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Hello everyone,

After going to 37s (BFG Ko2) I notice a tiny, tiny bit of feedback in the steering wheel which is equivalent to death wobble BUT it goes away on its own without slowing down and within 1ish seconds after the feedback. Most of the time this wobble is not even severe enough to see in the steering wheel, just a feel. This only happens with certain bumps and its not frequent but will happen a few times during my half hour drive to work. I have the Mopar Lift, front and rear track bars and wheels and tires that were balanced 3 times. I've tested tire pressures from 25 to 37 psi in 3psi increments. I also checked toe in (myself, so not as fancy as other methods or going to the shop) and its within 1/16ths toe in. Just wondering, is this kind of minor feedback what should be expected with 37s? I didn't noticed this with 315/70 KO2s. I did order a steering stabilizer from Fox which should be here Monday, but if this is something that's not normal, I don't want the continued excess wear on the components.

Photo for flare.

sketch-1533336910832.png
Nothing more to add but the Jeep looks badass. Let me know how the Fox SS works out.

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
I got a King steering stabilizer shock installed and it has helped after I went to 37's.

Synergy also has a tie rod out now that may help with the front end.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubiRob

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I got a King steering stabilizer shock installed and it has helped after I went to 37's.

Synergy also has a tie rod out now that may help with the front end.
Did you align your toe in after lift? I measured and unless I did my measurements wrong mines within spec.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Triple check that your lug nuts are tight. Loose lugs could let the wheel jimmy around a bit and it can pop in and out of alignment when this happens. I know because one time someone tried to rip off my wheels, but I had wheel locks, so they just left me with loose or missing lugs in some cases. Scary stuff, but it happens, and is something to check every so often.

arcticaaron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Have you checked your caster? I'm on a 3.5" lift with 37s and don't experience any vibrations like you describe.

arcticaaron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I haven't. I just have the LCAs that came with the Mopar lift so I assumed that was correct.
Ah, nevermind. I assumed the LCAs that came with the lift are adjustable, but they aren't.

Sponsored

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
Man mine JL has a bad wobble after hitting a bump when going around 35-40 mph. I have had to slow down a few times. sucks! I need to figure this out

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Man mine JL has a bad wobble after hitting a bump when going around 35-40 mph. I have had to slow down a few times. sucks! I need to figure this out
Check the wheel balance. Sometimes the shops are not equipped to do the bigger tires properly and if it is not done right, you will pay for it in wobble and tire wear. You might have to do a road force balance (if not already done).

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
OP
OP
RubiRob

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Here's mine at it's worst.

3 balances and 2 alignments, multiple times adjusting tire pressures, steering stabilizer etc etc. I didn't have this problem on 35s.

I don't trust that Discount Tire did the balancing right, and neither do I really trust the alignment shop either.
Sponsored

Last edited: