First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Rear axle shaft twisting seemed to be an issue with JKs as well. I know two people with JKURs that ran 37s for awhile then switched to 35s and both of them twisted splines and bent the flange where it meets the shaft.
This is super common for any Jeep rock crawling with lockers. The stock shafts were never meant to take the torque of the 37 and be abused. It’s not a Jeep issue. It’s us pushing passed the designed limitations.
Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
This is super common for any Jeep rock crawling with lockers. The stock shafts were never meant to take the torque of the 37 and be abused. It’s not a Jeep issue. It’s us pushing passed the designed limitations.
I agree with that assessment. Neither led to catastrophic failure or anything, but both had to grab some chromo shafts. Hasn't happened again after some new shafts.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I agree with that assessment. Neither led to catastrophic failure or anything, but both had to grab some chromo shafts. Hasn't happened again after some new shafts.
Yeah... chromoly’s are in my future, for sure. Just won’t be until after next years trip. Got a lot planned, but I’ll get rid of the front shafts before the rears.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah... chromoly’s are in my future, for sure. Just won’t be until after next years trip. Got a lot planned, but I’ll get rid of the front shafts before the rears.
Same here. Towards the end of next summer, my work season will start to slow down giving me spare time to do rcv's front and back and a full set of HD ball joints.
Sponsored