Sponsored

37" Tires On Xtreme Recon Package

Coachwoot50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
Purchased a new 2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon and love the vehicle! I was wondering if anyone out there has upgraded the K02 tires from the stock 35s to 37s? Really not looking to change the suspension if I do not have to and just looking for a slightly large tire. With the gear upgrade of the XR and the smaller size of the KO2's was hoping someone has tried it and can offer opinions! Would really appreciate any photos as well so I can see the stance! Thanks guys!
Sponsored

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased a new 2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon and love the vehicle! I was wondering if anyone out there has upgraded the K02 tires from the stock 35s to 37s? Really not looking to change the suspension if I do not have to and just looking for a slightly large tire. With the gear upgrade of the XR and the smaller size of the KO2's was hoping someone has tried it and can offer opinions! Would really appreciate any photos as well so I can see the stance! Thanks guys!
37's will rub if you flex out off-road. This photo from @cormac90 shows the stock 35" at full stuff in the rear.
54B787AE-584D-47AB-822E-7787825AFBA3.jpeg

I think a progressive bump stop that doesn't quite sqish flat, like the MetalCloak Durospring would be all that's needed in the rear to clear the 37 KO2s. I'm not sure about the front but I would advise against adding any additional bump stop to the front of an XR unless you lift at the same time.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That rear trim bulge piece can be easily removed and some have heated it up and compressed it in for clearance.

you might need to back off on your steering stops up front. Any rubbing issues that you could have should be minimum. Go for it!

Edit: 2” bumpstops are necessary

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
That rear trim bulge piece can be easily removed and some have heated it up and compressed it in for clearance.

you might need to back off on your steering stops up front. Any rubbing issues that you could have should be minimum. Go for it!

Edit: 2” bumpstops are necessary
I like the idea of heating up the rear trim piece for more clearance.

On the front of an XR there isn’t room for 2” of extra bump stop extension. You would end up with less than 1” of up travel and the rubber bump stop would be in contact with the axle bump stops at ride height.

If a 35” tire fits the stock bump stop configuration of an XR wouldn’t the bump stop only need a 1” bump to fit the new tire height wise? At full steering lock I could see where wheel spacers may be needed.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I like the idea of heating up the rear trim piece for more clearance.

On the front of an XR there isn’t room for 2” of extra bump stop extension. You would end up with less than 1” of up travel and the rubber bump stop would be in contact with the axle bump stops at ride height.

If a 35” tire fits the stock bump stop configuration of an XR wouldn’t the bump stop only need a 1” bump to fit the new tire height wise? At full steering lock I could see where wheel spacers may be needed.
When I said 2” bumpstops are needed I was referring to stock rubicon suspension and 37” tires. Do you know how much additional bumpstop the XR has over a standard Rubicon? If so, you should be able to subtract that difference from the 2” additional length that is typically needed to clear 37s on a factory rubicon with 1.5 - 2” of lift.

Sponsored

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I have an XR coming in for delivery in the next 2 weeks. The first thing that is happening is it is going on 37’s with fender chops and inner Artec liners. Happy to snag some photos before I install the 3.5” game changer on it.

OP
OP

Coachwoot50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
I have an XR coming in for delivery in the next 2 weeks. The first thing that is happening is it is going on 37’s with fender chops and inner Artec liners. Happy to snag some photos before I install the 3.5” game changer on it.
That would be greatly appreciated! I'm highly considering so any photos and/or feedback on how it rides would really be appreciated! Thanks!

OP
OP

Coachwoot50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
Hoping everything went well with your XR delivery. Still haven't been able to find a photo so would love to see yours once you take them before the lift! Thanks!

FreedomFur

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Hoping everything went well with your XR delivery. Still haven't been able to find a photo so would love to see yours once you take them before the lift! Thanks!
Here are some pics!

2BEF432F-0DBB-4950-9224-5F6A61EEECB4.jpeg

0E2CACBE-1078-4ADE-88FF-E0EA822BA85A.jpeg

Sponsored

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Daystar 3/4 spacers in the rear are all thats required to run 37's. Though I used some cheap 4.5 BS wheels. On 7 rated trails I get only a tiny bit of rub. Not enough to even worry about. In fact you wouldnt notice unless you specifically looked.
This is on 37x12.5x17 KO2's which are actually 35.5 on the jeep. Maybe at 50PSI they might hit the advertised 36.5 but I doubt it.

Front was fine as is. Though Im going with a 1.5 spacer up front to level it out, its about 1.5 higher in the back now. Plus a little more lift for trails would be good. (Steel bumper and winch)

Original_Junior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JKURXR
Wonder if the Nitto Recon 37x11.50 would fit without rubbing. I've read they only measure a true 35" when mounted. Any real world experience out there with this tire?

ParadigmDawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X, 2023 Rubicon 392
Clubs

Wonder if the Nitto Recon 37x11.50 would fit without rubbing. I've read they only measure a true 35" when mounted. Any real world experience out there with this tire?
I am not sure this helps you at ll but I run 37x12.5x18 on my TRX and they measure 36.7" at 31psi.
Sponsored