Sponsored

37" tires on a 2 door JL...silly looking?

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I must admit that I do not understand the lust for large tyres on the Jeep Wranglers. For me 33" or 35" would be maximum size for off road trails. Bigger than that and you require all kinds of additional mods and then start looking for more difficult obstacles on the trails, where will it end 42" tyres? (Rather buy a Sherp)

I am not convinced the cost of all these mods can be justified against the percentage of time they are functionally used.

Is tires cheap in other countries?

I suppose this topic is perhaps the old debate about form before function or function before form.

Sponsored

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If your going for capability get the 37s if you do, dont use the Mopar arms and track bars upgrade to high quality adjustable control arms and track bars, the springs and shocks in the lift are good.

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
After owning 5 Wranglers, I finally got some 37s on my dream 2door JL Rubicon... I'm an old guy (50) so I'm partial to the old school (classic) white raised letters on silver wheels... First bath 🤠
Jeep Wrangler JL 37" tires on a 2 door JL...silly looking? 20210528_081803

Sponsored

mikew1998

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
37" KO2's on the 2.5" Mopar lift with the stock rims, love it. Also put on the full Steersmart's package. Love the setup, rides great and fuel economy isn't bad at all, not much different than stock.

Jeep Wrangler JL 37" tires on a 2 door JL...silly looking? IMG_5135

Jeep Wrangler JL 37" tires on a 2 door JL...silly looking? IMG_5134

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
After owning 5 Wranglers, I finally got some 37s on my dream 2door JL Rubicon... I'm an old guy (50) so I'm partial to the old school (classic) white raised letters on silver wheels... First bath 🤠

Looks Great! I have the same wheels sitting in the garage waiting for the new KO2 37 C's to be released shortly...
What lift are you using? Looks like about 3.5".

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looks Great! I have the same wheels sitting in the garage waiting for the new KO2 37 C's to be released shortly...
What lift are you using? Looks like about 3.5".
Thanks,
I choose the Danatrac 2"lift kit and added 1/2 teraflex load leveler spacer so it's a true 2.5"
I also added the teraflex LCA & trackbar. It looks a little taller in front on the sloped driveway. I should post a flat photo for comparison.

Last edited:

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
37" KO2's on the 2.5" Mopar lift with the stock rims, love it. Also put on the full Steersmart's package. Love the setup, rides great and fuel economy isn't bad at all, not much different than stock.

I just went to the Steersmarts website (briefly) and didn't see any kind of package. Just a list of individual parts. What all was included in the package you added?

Reactions: J0E

mikew1998

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I just went to the Steersmarts website (briefly) and didn't see any kind of package. Just a list of individual parts. What all was included in the package you added?
I reached out to them directly and they put together a package for my specific vehicle:

YETI XD JL REAR ADJUSTABLE TRACK BAR Ă— 1

YETI XD Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket (Axle Side) JL / JT Ă— 1

YETI XD™ JL/JT Adjustable Front Track Bar × 1

YETI XD™ JL/JT Drag Link with Griffin XD™ Attenuator - Bottom Mount / Red Bellow × 1

YETI XD™ Flex Steering Stabilizer / Damper Bracket (1-5/8" Tie Rod) × 1

YETI XD™ Tie Rod Assembly - 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL/JT RUBICON or GLADIATOR MAX Tow - Rubicon × 1

Yeti XD™ JK/JL /JT Sway Bar End Link Kit (2.5"- 3.5" Lift) × 1

YETI XD™ JL/JT Sector Support Frame Side Track Bar Reinforcement Bracket × 1

I used the Mopar lift kit, but had them use the Rock Krawler Front Spring Correction Pads, which do a much better job keeping the springs from bowing:

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...-rock-krawler-front-spring-pad-correction-kit
Sponsored