37" tires and stock gears ?

brianP

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So i'm looking to do the same. 37" but on a sport.... I didnt realize Rubicon had different gearing. Is it a no-go with 37s on a sport with stock gearing? I do not tow or go offroad.
You might be able to get away with stock gears in my opinion if you do not tow or go offroad, you will definitely see a hit either way in gas mileage and 37's without regearing though.

If you have any offroad inclinations in your future I would caution with 37's not just from a gearing standpoint but from an axle strength with the m186 and that large of a tire, at least without upgraded shafts and truss/gussets but at that point I would swap it out if it was mine.

On my wifes sport we will be running beadlocked 35's max with the m186 front and she will be crawling it (until something fails or we simply replace), she would like to go to 37's in the future but at that point I am doing axle swaps.

Like i said if you are not wheelin it at all you should be ok with 37's just make sure you do you homework with the wheel backspacing needed (without rubbing) and the appropriate lift to match the tire size.
Sponsored

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have a 2.0 sport with 37's and it gets about 17-18 mpg on the hyw and in town. On the take off you can initially feel the difference in the weight of the tires. I've had this setup for 7,000 miles and don't really think about anymore. I also do wheel it off-road but definitely don't beat on it. I am saving and building axles as i know this isn't the optimal setup for wheeling off-road. At full flex with stock fenders and Mopar 2 inch lift i did have some rubbing on the tops of the inner fender liners but it wasn't too crazy. I've added high-line fenders since and it has plenty of room for activity's.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Do it, it is a great idea, 37s are perfect for the D30/35 with 3:45 gears because of the 8 speed, it will drive no differently than stock...
In fact, it will drive better than stock.
And just add a spacer lift.
Don't forget light bars and an angry bird grill.
Also bumpers, because 37s look weird if you don't have off road bumpers, a winch and a rear tire carrier.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Do it, it is a great idea, 37s are perfect for the D30/35 with 3:45 gears because of the 8 speed, it will drive no differently than stock...
In fact, it will drive better than stock.
And just add a spacer lift.
Don't forget light bars and an angry bird grill.
Also bumpers, because 37s look weird if you don't have off road bumpers, a winch and a rear tire carrier.
:LOL:
Sponsored