UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
What engine do you have?
Wife “had” the 2.0 with eTorque. We traded it a week or so ago. Died on us in Colorado in August, so it’s days were numbered. It, just like our 3.6L equipped JL and JT were atrocious to drive till re-regeared to a proper ratio for tire size.
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
The 2.0t has been great with 37’s and 4.10 gears for the last 2+ years. Now with the superchips td3 and tune it is all the better. 0-60 was 7.5s with heavy Yokohama x-mt’s, ~300lbs worth of recovery gear, tools, and compressor in the back and 10k winch+hi lift on the front bumper. With the tune it has dropped to 6.9s. That is right in line with factory 0-60 times and I’m only turning 2,000 rpms on the freeway with the cruise control set at 83 mph. Averaged 20.1 mpg wheeling for 3+ hours in low range and then driving 200 miles home at 80+ yesterday. Sure gearing lower might improve 0-60 time a bit, but anyone who tells you lower gearing helps on the freeway is either lying or driving slow. 380 extra rpms at 80 mph cannot possibly be an improvement, especially for someone who takes their Jeep on long road trips at speed regularly. Gearing down so that the transmission up shifts sooner only makes sense if you never use the taller gear.

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
I posted on another thread about this here's a copy

/ Begin Quote
I have had 37s on my 2.0T Sport -stock gears. As long as your recalibrate the tires you're gonna be in good shape. Avg 20 mpg city/highway. The Etorque does a great job of mitigating any issues off the line (etorque come on before 1.5k rpms) and the turbo hits max boost at 3k rpms. The only thing I think I would notice is bigger breaks, but the stock breaks are fine - and I'll upgrade when these need replacing.

These measure in at approx 37" and about 100lbs each they're heavy, but with the Mopar lift I got about 2.5 inches and a major upgrade to center of gravity feel, and ride quality. Depending on the time of year I run them at 32-37 PSI fully warmed up. That can change the ride quality substantially and also affect MPG.

There's really not much more to say. These forums helped me decide my upgrade route over the course of 2 years and I gotta say it was so crucial in going with this setup.
/End quote

I'll add that after the Tazer I have 8th gear. No issues cruising 65-75 in 8th gear with the engine at 1.5k-2k rpms (relatively flat roads).

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
I drop to 7th earlier when going up hills on the interstate but I’m in 8th where I should be. Doesn’t seem to struggle or lag.
Just a caution to others, what constitutes a hill may be regional. What a person in West Virginia might call a hill is what someone from Kansas might call a mountain. ;)

Some people complain even about the JL's drivability on long highway trips, but one thing I don't have to worry about with cruise control on the 2.0L is any real fluctuation in speed. Actually, I wonder if Jeep didn't choose to put the driving experience ahead of the MPG ratings? (If so, my hat's off to them!) I'm convinced that the Wrangler would get a far better MPG number if the cruise control was as sloppy as other vehicles!

Sponsored

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Just a caution to others, what constitutes a hill may be regional. What a person in West Virginia might call a hill is what someone from Kansas might call a mountain. ;)

Some people complain even about the JL's drivability on long highway trips, but one thing I don't have to worry about with cruise control on the 2.0L is any real fluctuation in speed. Actually, I wonder if Jeep didn't choose to put the driving experience ahead of the MPG ratings? (If so, my hat's off to them!) I'm convinced that the Wrangler would get a far better MPG number if the cruise control was as sloppy as other vehicles!
How big an often traveled "hill" is is not relevant

example: If, before the lift and 37" tires were installed, I would shift to 7th gear roughly half way up the incline going 70 mph and cruise set and now I shift to 7th roughly 1/3 of the way up then I am shifting to 7th a little sooner than I used to. if its a very steep hill, as in the mountain or high ridges, The yes it may even eventually drop to 6th gear to maintain the 70 mph cruise setting. But it more than likely would have stock also. My heavy tire/rim set up (121 lbs a corner) will probably be worse than lighter set ups, I knew that going in. But I do not see a need to regear the 2.0T non e torque. A want to regear yes, lol But who doesn't want deeper gears for off-roading?

Of course that's just an example using a simple explanation. The steeper the hill the sooner you'll downshift. But its still relevant. You would downshift sooner on a steeper incline before the lift and tires on the steeper hill than a less steep hill before the mods. MY jeep doesn't hunt for gears, even in the mountains. It shifts as it should and runs at acceptable RPM ranges.

My point is there is little noticeable difference in the way my jeep and powertrain acts after the lift and tires than before. Other than dropping roughly 3 mpg as long as I stay 70mph or less. But it was worse if I sustained 75+ before the lift so of course its worse after.

I don't seem to have much more stress on the powertrain than before. I can still take off fast from a stop like before. No its not quite as quick but it is still quick off the line to get out into traffic. I don't seem to have added much, if any, extra stopping distance. But I drive a 75,000lbs tanker truck for a living that takes a huge distance to stop. I'm probably a little more aware of my distances and stopping power than most considering I drive that rig 100,000+ miles a year.

Slippery Pete

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW XR 2.0T
Have a 2.0 Willys XR, was thinking of 37s, can anyone give their experience with 4.55 and 37s?

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

Wife “had” the 2.0 with eTorque. We traded it a week or so ago. Died on us in Colorado in August, so it’s days were numbered. It, just like our 3.6L equipped JL and JT were atrocious to drive till re-regeared to a proper ratio for tire size.
What tire size, 60s?

I live in CO and drive mountain passes on 37s with a 2.5" lift on my Rubicon and it drives just fine. It's a Jeep, not a Ferrari. I don't expect it to do 0-100 in .05 seconds or 60 - 90 in .01 seconds to pass someone. I can very comfortably pass people through mountain passes that all choose to go 20 under the speed limit because they're scared to drive.
Sponsored