Sponsored

37 Nitto Trail Grappler vs Ridge Grappler vs BFG KM3

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
I've been partial to BFG and have 35 KM3's on my TJ. The new JLURD is getting a lift and trying to decide on Tires. Since this is more of a daily driver I'm thinking of going with the Ridge Grappler over either of the true MT's.
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
You'll be fine with MT's in south LA. I'm from Houma, LA. Are you concerned about tread noise?

I'm about to swap to 37'' KM3's up here in the snow and ice. They'll be fine unless you just want something quieter.

Toyo Mt's are super quiet, long wearing.. they just have a constant low hum. Quite a bit heavier than BFG's though.

The trail graps are VERY noisy. I'd never buy those tires.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just put on 37" trail grapplers (replaced Patagonia MT's) on my son's 18 JLUR. He says they are slightly louder than the Pats, which is to be expected. They balanced much better (both static and on the road force balancer) than the Pats. He just used them the first time off road yesterday. Trail was mud, packed snow, and rocks. Said they are much better off road than the Pats.

Can't speak about RG's or KM3's, but he is very happy with his trail grapplers.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I've been partial to BFG and have 35 KM3's on my TJ. The new JLURD is getting a lift and trying to decide on Tires. Since this is more of a daily driver I'm thinking of going with the Ridge Grappler over either of the true MT's.
I run 37" pats and have close friends that go wheelin and daily drive JLU/JT's on the the tires you listed. I've ridden in their jeeps and would say out of the tires you listed, the ridge grapplers are the most quiet/smooth riding on road and perform good offroad in drier conditions....but obviously arent great in mud/slick conditions offroad. They had less hum onroad than my 37" pats. The km3's have a little more noticeable hum than the Ridge Grapplers. The trail grapplers are a little louder than the KM3's.

IMHO, the smoothest 37s for a daily driver that won't go offroad much are ko2's. I'd go with them or ridge grapplers for your specified needs. Many people get 50-60k miles out of both tires if they rotate them. Hope that helps. :beer:

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I recently switched from 37 KM3 to 37 Ridge Grappler. Could’t be happier both on and off road. This is my daily driver and occasional wheeling trip rig so the improvements in pavement ride and noise was welcome.
The KM3 were badass though, for a MT, they should be considered for sure. Never ran trail grappler but they have a strong following with a lot of people who wheel. I’m a Nitto fan now so won’t knock them.

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I recently switched from 37 KM3 to 37 Ridge Grappler. Could’t be happier both on and off road. This is my daily driver and occasional wheeling trip rig so the improvements in pavement ride and noise was welcome.
The KM3 were badass though, for a MT, they should be considered for sure. Never ran trail grappler but they have a strong following with a lot of people who wheel. I’m a Nitto fan now so won’t knock them.
Good feedback...how long did you run the km3's? Was road noise the main reason for the switch?

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I had the KM3 on for about 19k miles. Wheeled them multiple places in the Texas hill country, and to Moab and back. Great tire. Better than the KM2. I have a love/hate relationship with MT tires and switch back and forth between them and HT/AT tires. Yeah, I got tired of the noise, the road manners, the balancing issues, etc. Basically what you deal with with any MT (I've run many different MT over the years). This time I'm trying a HT again and like I said, couldn't be happier so far. When I wheel, I'm more of a rock, dirt and sand kind of guy and have had much success with HT/AT tires. Bad mud is rare for me and if that changed I'd run MT all day long. Good luck with your decision.
Sponsored