Sponsored

37" Ko2's with no lift?

yz kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL RUBICON
Anyone know if you can fit a 37" Ko2 without a lift on a Rubicon considering its small for a 37" tire. Only actually measures to 35.5". Curious if this is possible on factory rims due to factory backspacing. Off roading would be extremally rare for me. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Anyone know if you can fit a 37" Ko2 without a lift on a Rubicon considering its small for a 37" tire. Only actually measures to 35.5". Curious if this is possible on factory rims due to factory backspacing. Off roading would be extremally rare for me. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
No. You’ll need a lift. And they aren’t really small. You measure them off the Jeep they’re about 36.5”

They’re only about 1/4” off the other brands mounted. A 37 no matter which tire brand is very large. You could get away with driving it around but it’s going to rub.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Agreed. If you want the jeep to have ANY offroad performance at all, and not be outwheeled by a BMW X5, you'll need to at the minimum, chop the fenders and/or lift it slightly to clear them. I was only asking about road rubbing because I just wanted to buy some time, Im still most definitely planning on lifting.

OP
OP

yz kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL RUBICON
Thanks for the input guys, I thought maybe I could get away with just better backspacing wheels and no lift

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I can assure you my 37 SST Pro coopers, stock wheels and 1.75" spacers rub on the rear inner fender with no lift. I melted it best I could, if there are people in the back seat or loaded rear it still rubs. Lift kit is in the UPS truck so it should be solved this weekend. That is the only place I had an issue with normal street driving though. I am running stubby front bumper not sure if that helps or not

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I can assure you my 37 SST Pro coopers, stock wheels and 1.75" spacers rub on the rear inner fender with no lift. I melted it best I could, if there are people in the back seat or loaded rear it still rubs. Lift kit is in the UPS truck so it should be solved this weekend. That is the only place I had an issue with normal street driving though. I am running stubby front bumper not sure if that helps or not
Yeah mine still rubbed after lift until I reformed it.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
How bad will the 37 stt pro coopers rub with out a lift on my JL rubicon ? When i get my JL i have to go the tire store first and they want to put the 37 tires and wheels on and then i will have to drive about 40 miles mostly all highway to the shop where they are putting the Mopar lift on. Will it be ok or will it rub very bad ? I dont want it to rub at all while on my way to the shop that i am getting the lift on

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
How bad will the 37 stt pro coopers rub with out a lift on my JL rubicon ? When i get my JL i have to go the tire store first and they want to put the 37 tires and wheels on and then i will have to drive about 40 miles mostly all highway to the shop where they are putting the Mopar lift on. Will it be ok or will it rub very bad ? I dont want it to rub at all while on my way to the shop that i am getting the lift on
With no weight but me, it was ok other than speed bumps and sharp turns, you will need to heat gun the rear inner fenders with a 2” lift anyway so it’s no big deal.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
With no weight but me, it was ok other than speed bumps and sharp turns, you will need to heat gun the rear inner fenders with a 2” lift anyway so it’s no big deal.
I think I saw that on YouTube where that way of life guy did that. you talkin behind both rear tires you heat that plastic up and push her hand and push it in

Sponsored

FLECK-5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I had 37 x 12.50’s Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Jeep with Quadratec Hard Rock wheels and they rubbed in the rear every time I made a turn. Had to remove a piece of the rear fender liner to drive it to the shop to get the lift.

894B4680-1FD7-47AB-862E-C57D200A0D0A.jpeg

60FCA1B5-7976-46F6-B4FD-D0F0D6E16D2E.jpeg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have 37 x 12.50’s Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Jeep with Quadratec Hard Rock wheels and they rubbed in the rear every time I made a turn. Had to remove a piece of the rear fender liner to drive it to the shop to get the lift.
I have the same tire but I have the Mopar 2-inch lift which is about 3 inchs Ours would hit if we hit a big ditch in the back in the same spot but we just took a heat gun and heated it up and pushed it in.So you going to run that with 37's and no lift or you plan on putting a lift on
894B4680-1FD7-47AB-862E-C57D200A0D0A.jpeg

60FCA1B5-7976-46F6-B4FD-D0F0D6E16D2E.jpeg
Sponsored